Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ter Adun - messin around with crippling blow

Hello, I'm fairly new to SE, playing it since a month or so.

I'd like to build a good (if its possible) Ter deck with infinite crippling blow. So far the best I could came up with is this:

Ter

4x Braxonian Veteran - theese produces the crippling blow recycle
    4x Furion Terror - kill opp allies also kill my brax to get back cripplilgs

4x Crippling Blow
    4x Evil Ascendant - same purpose as furion terror
    4x Rampage - if opp is not elemental after playing the first one others can be sacced as brax can bring this back too
    1x Enrage
    4x Arthyle's Cript - very important also target nr1 item when facing more experienced players
    3x Shadow font
    1x Reserve weapon - totally not sure about this one
    4x Bazaar - this is my biggest problem to use this or BloodFrenzy, tried with frenzy version but since the deck is sodamnslow i often ended with very low hp midgame
    2x Bad Santa - not sure on the optimal number on theese

4x Berserker's Edge - not my favourite stuff but its needed to take out bigger threats like Aeon, but since this is 5cost like much other things in the deck i often find to sac the first 1-2
    2x Spectral Sabre - to take out some attachments like a legend rises etc.
    2x Punishers Gauntlets - totally not sure on theese, maybe snow sapphire would be much better
    1x Rothem's Visage - only for late game if i did not sacced it earlier

total 45 cards

So this is my deck, often getting into trouble with it, main problem must be theres too many needed things to get things rollin, but when I manage to set it up its hella fun to play. Any suggestions are welcome, I even thought of getting rid of all Berserkers weapons for shield bashes, not sure on this.

Heres an example of gameplay when things rollin:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qN323vTu5E

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ackone View Post
    Hello, I'm fairly new to SE, playing it since a month or so.
    Hi and welcome

I've built a similar deck and since no one else has, thought I'd offer some feedback. Keep in mind I'm not a top-ranked player (I'm usually around the low 200s as I enjoy trying out interesting deck ideas), but figured a different perspective may be of some value.

I'd like to build a good (if its possible) Ter deck with infinite crippling blow. So far the best I could came up with is this:
    Crippling Blow is one of the Warrior's best assets, but I find in this type of deck you don't need an infinte number of them. They're more a defensive tool, you need some oomph to back them up.

Ter

4x Braxonian Veteran - theese produces the crippling blow recycle
    4x Furion Terror - kill opp allies also kill my brax to get back cripplilgs
    I run Shadow Knight in my build instead of Arthyle's. It does dilute your current selection but Shadow Knight will give you extra punch and has a similar effect, though does require a little more finesse than Arthyle's. Works nicely with Rothem's endgame.

I also run a few copies of Infernal Gargoyle and Bad Wolf. Again, it dilutes what you're currently running but they help to distract your opponent and consume their resources. They're resiliant against Evil Ascendant and can help mitigate the early game advantage your opponent might have.

4x Crippling Blow
    4x Evil Ascendant - same purpose as furion terror
    4x Rampage - if opp is not elemental after playing the first one others can be sacced as brax can bring this back too
    1x Enrage
    I personally don't rate Enrage as it's begging to be Severed, but I know others swear by it. Between Furion/Evil Ascendant and Rampage I reckon you could risk taking it out.

4x Arthyle's Cript - very important also target nr1 item when facing more experienced players
    I don't have much experience with it as I prefer Shadow Knight. I put your deck together and gave Arthyle's a run against the AI and it can be good, though I did find the deck stalled without draw tech up and running. I think it's a better long game alternative.

3x Shadow font
    1x Reserve weapon - totally not sure about this one
    Consider War Banner if you're not getting much out of this, though it's of more value the more allies you run.

4x Bazaar - this is my biggest problem to use this or BloodFrenzy, tried with frenzy version but since the deck is sodamnslow i often ended with very low hp midgame
    2x Bad Santa - not sure on the optimal number on theese
    Yeah, I feel your pain - I'm always nervous playing Frenzy. I think Bazaar is better if your deck is slow, but if you choose to tech some more allies I'd go with Frenzy as I find Bazaar (and Bad Santa) benifits your opponent too much.

4x Berserker's Edge - not my favourite stuff but its needed to take out bigger threats like Aeon, but since this is 5cost like much other things in the deck i often find to sac the first 1-2
    I was running Berserker's as well, but found it wasn't provding the consistent ally control I needed - I always seemed to be one point of damage short. One or two copies of Dragon's Tooth could help out against the big guys. I wouldn't drop one till your opponent plays a fattie.

2x Spectral Sabre - to take out some attachments like a legend rises etc.
    2x Punishers Gauntlets - totally not sure on theese, maybe snow sapphire would be much better
    I think Punisher's is better with access to Shadow Font.

1x Rothem's Visage - only for late game if i did not sacced it earlier

total 45 cards

So this is my deck, often getting into trouble with it, main problem must be theres too many needed things to get things rollin, but when I manage to set it up its hella fun to play. Any suggestions are welcome, I even thought of getting rid of all Berserkers weapons for shield bashes, not sure on this.
    Yeah I found it kinda expensive and lacked a little punch, but was resilient once established. It does diminish your focus but switching in some allies will provide you with the firepower you're looking for. As it stands I wouldn't take out the Berserker's unless you're playing a heavier ally build, as Berserker's is one of your main damage sources.

Hope there was something here that can help, good luck!
    Last edited by d31m; 10-31-2013 at 05:08 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Almdor Conduit > Bazaar. You have plenty of SE you can spare for it. Chances are, the opponent may not use it as much as you do depending on their Hero choice.

Deck on its own looks like a a Stall Ter Adun. Would highly suggest taking a look at Preybird's The Spartan and Caitlyn0's Solo Ter Adun Decklists for some further refernce.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.