Close

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Wo seeing any other sf cards the costs maybe fine. I noticed the exiled but not against those w steadfast as well. But there are allies and such to negate passive abilities so its not that bad. Loest kinda looks like nish. May be just me...keep them coming!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I love the hero designs!!! Yaaaay!! I hope the rest of the cards are like this too!!

About the abilities I think people are underestimating Rotham. Rotham basically has a targetable nuclear eruption. Think Lance, only mutliply it by X where X equals board control for that turn. You can nuke the field OR you can nuke the enemy hero, dayum Rothem... you deadly. I gotta admit I like him a lot more than Logan already.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles View Post
    I gotta admit I like him a lot more than Logan already.
    Better than Logan, that's for sure. That's not saying much though :P
    Kratylus - Honored Bearer of Aegis
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratylus View Post
    I think Loest's ability is balanced. Essentially a better version of Boris' ability that costs more. Being a mage, he shouldn't have too many problems early game, and his playstyle should be similar to Eladwen's, being able to take care of stuff like Spelleater Bands without having to use item destruction. The ability to stop SK loops is also nice.

At first I thought Rothem was a bit underwhelming, but on second thought he can have a lot of combo potential. Maybe he can use his ability once for a big early board controlling move, and once for a massive attack on the hero. Indeed weenie rush seems like the way to go with him. That being said, 5SE seems a bit steep. Maybe 4SE would be a more balanced cost for his ability, but I guess playtesting will show what's best. I'm suspecting that there will be other cards from the set that will be tailored for his ability so it would make more sense, but we'll have to wait and see.
    I see more to him than weenie rush, well at least at the sub 300 rating level. I think he definiately has what it takes to play a control style becuase if you have defender allies or a defender protector or just beefy allies in general not only do you get a turn to deal damage, but you get another turn where the enemy probably won't want to attack you anyway, so generally speaking you could blow your wad, rain delay, crippling blow, add another ally, rain delay, Shadow Font, blow your wad again. He's just got so much much more freedom than Logan's currently got who must have a weapon and killing spree in hand =(

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    You can also boost Rothem's viability with Shadow Font

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So, are there 10 other heroes? These are 201 and 202/200, so not included in the 200 cards mentioned previously?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Loest looks like a rush Elad with inbuilt item and ally destruction. Turn 5 should be bit difficult to pull off, because normally to keep board control, you need that 4SE ability as soon as you get it. Hope there are human allies that increase SE for humans as well. Reverse PotL. Guessing there should be some or the Shadow faction will dominate SE abilities with Shadow Font

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    At first glance (not taking in other cards into account)...

Loest: Seems interesting and handy, but at 5 SE, I don't know how many times you can use it during a game. Definitely will wreck wulven.

Rothem: Seems also interesting but maybe have all allies take 1 less damage per turn or something. There's no guarantee you going to have board at that point and then his ability is just a waste. Combos interestingly with wild berserker to take back board. If you use killing spree you may be able to take out a couple of allies as well.
    IGN: Darrkloki

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratylus View Post
    Better than Logan, that's for sure. That's not saying much though :P
    I agree. wish Logan's ability was 3SE (yes i know that can not happen now)
    IGN: Darrkloki

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The twitter stream suggested Loest can deal with anything, wording seems to mean he can't touch attachments though?