Close

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Until then, as a player, it's your call whether he consumes a 0-attack ally (hit by Raven) or an ally with Crippling Blow / Capture Prey / Consuming Fear, so you can play human in a nice human way. Or you can serve up a treat and let it eat a pristine Jasmine if you want to! Or keep him in good shape by only feeding it allies from Ghostmaker ... the same great taste but zero calories!
    I am actually perfectly fine with GBD in terms of mechanics. It may be a little cumbersome as a sacrifice outlet but it does "work" in the sense that it is neither overpowered and yet would probably see some play.

My actual comment was that the sacrifice ability does seem like an ability bleed of sorts which not just touches the line between the human-shadow faction but probably crosses the line. The text other friendly ally" and the flavour text suggests that the allies are actually gains strength from devouring another -- a friendly ally at that -- something which strikes too similarly to the likes of the shadowy Ogloth.

If a similar text appeared on a card that is named "Recruiting Bog-Army" with a flavour text that suggests that the ally is getting bigger because they are abandoning their individual identity to become a collective horde, it would probably make more sense flavour-wise. But then again: -

Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Yes, GBD is an outlier, but it represents where the humans have become more desperate and tried out things they might not have previously. I won't say more because I'm sure there will be some official lore released about it at some point.
    Fair enough. Just my first thoughts when I saw it
    Last edited by fzian; 11-04-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: fixed tag

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by fzian View Post
    I am actually perfectly fine with GBD in terms of mechanics. It may be a little cumbersome as a sacrifice outlet but it does "work" in the sense that it is neither overpowered and yet would probably see some play.

My actual comment was that the sacrifice ability does seem like an ability bleed of sorts which not just touches the line between the human-shadow faction but probably crosses the line. The text other friendly ally" and the flavour text suggests that the allies are actually gains strength from devouring another -- a friendly ally at that -- something which strikes too similarly to the likes of the shadowy Ogloth.

If a similar text appeared on a card that is named "Recruiting Bog-Army" with a flavour text that suggests that the ally is getting bigger because they are abandoning their individual identity to become a collective horde, it would probably make more sense flavour-wise. But then again: -

Fair enough. Just my first thoughts when I saw it
    I can dig it. You have a point, but as long as there arent too many cards like it, I think it could work. In terms of the game itself, not including the lore or the "story behind it", theres gotta be consistency on what makes the human and shadow factions different. Otherwise, there would be no point in separating them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It seems with eriss they are starting to move away from their lets stick cleavage on everything approach. And to be perfectly honest, the art is amazing, I'm just worried she won't be playable at 6cc despite how backbreaking the ability can be if she sticks around, I mean portal then eriss is pretty much human shadow colossus.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TOPSECRET View Post
    It seems with eriss they are starting to move away from their lets stick cleavage on everything approach. And to be perfectly honest, the art is amazing, I'm just worried she won't be playable at 6cc despite how backbreaking the ability can be if she sticks around, I mean portal then eriss is pretty much human shadow colossus.
    They made sure her chest is still quite noticeable, though. But I agree, amazing art and a meta changing mechanic.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think that Eriss would definitely see some play, if not more play than Scourge Colossus for several reasons: -
    1. It is likely to be a lot more accessible than Scourge Colossus -- one is an epic and the other is a legendary
    2. Next to Karlstrad, I believe that she has one of the highest attack among human allies
    3. The ability is useful enough, probably messing with millstalkers (Captured Prey asides, it gets the two Wulven moons, Rain Delay and Lone Wolf, to say the least) and can do so with precision (Scourge's ability is more random, is hindered by crippling blow and rain delay (which Eriss can conveniently get rid of) and probably Armor of Ages)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Of course that means the wulven decks have six turns to set up. I was thinking she could work in some midrange shell maybe with amber, a bit like aeon the moment she lands you either kill them that turn or you forfeit the board. What makes eriss great is that though she doesn't shield allies, she hits hard and will just wreck support cards unlike aeon who can't touch supports... yeah the more I think about it the more I want to get some copies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by abazigal View Post
    Loest doesn't get the fighter card pool, so you can't really compare them directly. I believe they will still play very differently. And I feel 5 energy is more than fair. Eladwen's ability costs 4 SE, so a clearly more powerful ability should cost more.
    He gets the mage and human card pools, which combined with his ability give him insane board control. Sure, you can still use Ter Adun, but not if you want to win.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Loest is definitely getting his control style built up with the new cards. I was thinking more of Eriss as a really needed card for Lance. Imagine hasting her against Portal Majiya.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    So loset is Jericho meets Nishaven? Sorry dont like the artwrok lol i mean its good art but like i said its Jericho meets Nishaven. Other then that both heros are on point
    TURN ⬇ FOR WHAT?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No other hero has a rarity, why should these one? I feel like if anything the colour of the regular hero's 'H' should be it's rarity which would mean that all heroes so far have 'common' rarity. By that standardization method Rothem and Loest would have orange 'H's to symbolize their Legendary rarity. I feel this makes more sense than making these cards inconsistent from the others.
    Custom Card Design - Warlock Expansion