Close

Junior Member Brainwashcitizens's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

First decks, any suggestions?

Hmm, first post too, so. Hi!

Here are the three decks that I'm using and tweaking as I go along, I have way too much fun with this game at the moment.
    So just looking for some advice on these.

Amber rain
    4xJeweler's Dream
    4xBerserker's Edge
    3xBlood Frenzy
    2xShield Bash
    1xEnrage
    2xSmashing Blow
    2xAeon Stormcaller
    2xAldon the Brave
    3xBlake Windrunner
    4xSandra Trueblade
    2xJasmine Rosecult

Using her ability to the maximum with the weapons, I think I have a 75% rate with this deck.

Gwenneth Truesight
    4xSandra Trueblade
    3xBlake Windrunner
    2xAldon theBrave
    4xAimed Shot
    2xPoison Arrow
    2xFlaming Arrow
    2xRapid Fire
    2xBazaar
    4xSoul Seeker
    4xBeetle Demon Bow

Kinda made the same deck as amber but with a hunter, quite fun, would love to get rid of Bazaar, but then the card flow gets me every time. Very new deck, just made a few games with it (won them all, but they were really easy games).

Gwenneth Truesight (concept)
    4xBeetle Bow
    4xSoul Seeker
    2xBazaar
    3xRain Delay
    4xInto the Forest
    2xDeath Trap
    2xRapid Fire
    2xFlaming arrow
    2xPoison Arrow
    4xAimed Shot
    (2xNightprowler - Will replace two other cards when the bug is no more)

This one is a concept deck without any allies, viable at the moment (rank 171). I'm having loads of fun with this one, I like the idea of a lone hero and her bow against the hordes. Don't think it'll get competitive enough in the higher ranked matches, if I ever get there...

Majiya
    4xHere Be Monsters
    2xBloodlust
    2xPortal
    3xResearch
    4xLightning Strike
    4xFireball
    4xBelladonna
    4xFire Snake
    2xPlasma Behemoth

This one I am not so sure about, the aim is to keep the enemies allies in check with spells, then open a portal and hit as hard as possible as quickly as possible, don't think this one will be viable.

I'd love to hear what all you veterans think about them.

Peas!
    Last edited by Brainwashcitizens; 04-07-2011 at 11:01 PM. Reason: added Gwenneth Concept deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Personally I kinda like the last deck. I would take out Fire Snake, Here Be Monsters, one of the Research and the Behemoths and add 2 Portals, 2 Bloodlusts, 3 Chimeras and 4 Gargoyles. I have a feeling it will do a bit better that way but you'll need to test it out. Good luck!

Ps also like your first deck, I'd try getting rid of your sadras and jasmines and adding more of your other allies and some crippling blows.
    in game: DT
    A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    For your first deck, I'd recommend an extra blood frenzy and get rid of enrage. Remove shield bash and put in one jasmine and one aldon. Other then that, it looks fine!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll give my 2 cents for your Gwenneth decks. I personally would remove the arrows (might have to re-think that in the next patch). But currently, they cost a lot for it to be really effective; it just slows down your deck tempo. Bazaar is good but not a necessity. Adding Prowler and/or Gravedigger's Cloak is also nice to have.

The hero-only deck is something we were just discussing in our forums, but I'm not sure if it can really be effective, especially against decks full of allies. Board control will really be very hard to establish since bows couldn't be laid down until you have 4 resources. By then, an opponent could very well have locked the board down against you. But, I haven't played with one as much so I could be wrong..