Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Elementalis - Just another buffing deck [1.1]

Hello guys.

I've played Shadow Era for a while some time ago (before DP) and now i'm slowly getting back to the game and exploring the new bits.
    So this deck is not mature enough yet, but since i can win like 2 out of every 3 games i think its worthy to be posted here.

So without further ado, this is how the deck looks like:

HERO:
    x1 Elementalis

ALLIES:
    x4 Carniboar
    x4 Dark Flayer
    x3 Ironhide Karash
    x2 Death Mage Thaddeus
    x2 Magma Jackal
    x4 Plasma Behemoth
    x2 Ogloth the Glutton

ATTACHMENTS:
    x2 Blood Thirsty
    x2 Aura of Retribution
    x3 Assumed Command
    x4 Life Infusion

ABILITIES
    x3 Soul Reaper
    x3 Blood Lust
    x4 Mind Control

ARMOR:
    x2 Breastplate of Vitality
    x1 Morphic Armor

So how does it work? As you would expect from a Elementalis deck, it's all about board control, and buffing the fuck out of your allies.
    Most of the allies (Magma, DMT, Ironhide and Flayer) are just there to be bodyguards from the main weapons or to be used as resources. The main weapons are Carniboar and Plasma Behemoth.

I usually start the game trying my best to buff Carniboar (or its backup, Ironhide/Flayer), until i can cast the Behemoth. It is that simple. With them on board, buff them with your attachments and hero ability, making sure you have other bodyguards to help you keep board control. Also, try your best to let Carniboar and whoever has Bloodthirsty attached to make the killing blow on opposing allies, so they keep getting stronger.

It is ok to sacrifice your allies to annihilate opposing allies in a 1x1 battle, since Soul Reaper needs their corpses to regenarate Elementalis health in the middle of the match. If you need more than one ally to kill and opposing ally, then you should consider using Mind Control.

Regarding the attachments, they are mostly buff attachments except for Assumed Command, which i use against Humans and their annoying retreat abilities, making sure that they can't dispose my buffed up allies unless they actually damage them.

Breatplate of Vitality helps to keep your allies alive (just make sure you already have enough dead allies in your graveyard so you can heal later on), and Morphic Armor comes in handy while fighting someone who can disable your bufffed up Carniboar or Behemoth with an attachment, like Captured Prey from Wulven decks.

You can see that i have few DP cards. I'm still trying them out, and most likely i'll end up adding more Bloodthirsty, Aura of Retribution and Morphic Armor and removing a few allies and stuff.

I'll try and update this post with the latest changes on my deck.

So, what's your thought on this deck? Will you try it out? Any tips on how it can be improved? Just let me know.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, welcome to the forums.

You might want to take another look at your ally curve. With 11 2cc allies you probably often find yourself drawing then instead of more powerful ones once even at highish resources. Spamming cheap allies can work but you need a lot of draw to support it and you currently have very little. Side note 3x Soul Reaper is a lot as you will rarely want to play more than 1 and do not need to draw it until late game so having 1-2 in your deck is usually all you need.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz92zaq View Post
    Hi, welcome to the forums.

You might want to take another look at your ally curve. With 11 2cc allies you probably often find yourself drawing then instead of more powerful ones once even at highish resources. Spamming cheap allies can work but you need a lot of draw to support it and you currently have very little. Side note 3x Soul Reaper is a lot as you will rarely want to play more than 1 and do not need to draw it until late game so having 1-2 in your deck is usually all you need.
    Thanks for the tips.
    Since yesterday i'm already working on a new, more compact, less ally heavy version of the deck.
    I've cut it to 40 cards and i'm working on a better balance for the amount of allies.

Usually, i would use this extra cards like soul reaper and low cost allies to turn into resources. But i figure there should be a better way to do this.

Thanks again!