Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Majiya Portal Deck

This is my current competitive Majiya Portal deck that I have been running with great success. It is also posted on Scholars of the Shadows, so more great decks, tricks, and tips visit: http://www.scholarsoftheshadows.com/

Also get the complete guide and strategy on this deck found on the website as well.

Majiya

Allies (18)
    x4 Ironhide Karash
    x3 Death Collector
    x3 Death Mage Thaddeus
    x2 Morbid Acolyte
    x4 Shadow Knight
    x2 Brutal Minotaur

Abilities/Items (21)
    x3 Tome of Knowledge
    x3 Sacrificial Lamb
    x4 Fireball
    x4 Lightning Strike
    x3 Portal
    x2 Shriek of Vengeance
    x2 Acid Jet
    Founder and formal leader of the guild Guardians of Shadow Era

Gift to the Shadow Era community
    scholarsoftheshadows.com

I serve the community anyway I can
    Want Deck Help or Advice l Want a Website for your Guild l Want Tips on Starting your own Guild
    Contact me for any of the above by PMing me on these forums

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks good grim, although I like having scourge collosus for its effect. I also noticed you don't have any nova's.

Finally in my deck I opted to take out any 2cc ally's and I put in 2 consuming fears.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvan Antoine View Post
    Looks good grim, although I like having scourge collosus for its effect. I also noticed you don't have any nova's.

Finally in my deck I opted to take out any 2cc ally's and I put in 2 consuming fears.
    Great suggestions Yvan, I would prefer Scourge Collosus as well but you know how hard it is to get them so it wouldn't be a deck for everyone then. I never have an issue with field control so Supernova's wasn't a must and I although Consuming Fears is a nice touch for defense I prefer to use Ironhide for early aggression. Although I do use Consuming Fears in my Gravebone deck, just not in my Portal.

scholarsoftheshadows.com

Want Deck Help or Advice l Want a Website for your Guild l Want Tips on Starting your own Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes I agree. Just never seemed to have much use for karash. I seem to always prefer playing tome or bad Santa turn 2. Comes dibs to preference.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i must disagree, karash is most likely the best t2 play, tome is great but i mostly play it when i am short on options and have 5-6 ressources so i can use the ability and play a 3cc on the same turn if i draw it, look it that way: if you play tome on t2 and have a DTM on hand or any other t3 ally you will play it right? so no use for the tome skill untill you are out of options for the rush, you need to be the agressor and i see the majiya portal like a beatdown deck so i also dont see use for consuming fear there.
    Last edited by GuiFG; 10-22-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like playing Tome of Knowledge on Turn 4 if I don't have a Portal in hand. It gives me an instant draw, otherwise I can't use it on turn 2 and need an ally on turn 3 (especially if I did not play one on Turn 2), so playing Tome of Knowledge earlier on can be a tempo lose so I rather play Karash.

scholarsoftheshadows.com

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thats right and having a tome on the field not using its skill also lets your opp. destroy it before you ever draw.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...i supose u don't face many Elementals, as playing against them Minotaur will almost always be a dead draw unless u can play him via Portal for an immediate kill. otherwise u're taking the risk of getting it Mind-fooked and u take 8dmg right into the face. this is the reason i also prefer Scourge
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ak View Post
    ...i supose u don't face many Elementals, as playing against them Minotaur will almost always be a dead draw unless u can play him via Portal for an immediate kill. otherwise u're taking the risk of getting it Mind-fooked and u take 8dmg right into the face. this is the reason i also prefer Scourge
    Yes I have ran into some Elementals decks and completely agree to with you. Both Elementals and some Hunter decks (especially Gwenneth) are big weak spots for this deck. It is still a solid deck overall and that will have a high win ratio. No deck is perfect after all in the game of Shadow Era, and that's what makes the game so addicting. We all chase after something that doesn't exist, lol.

Scourge is a great card and highly recommend players to replace Minotaurs with it but designed the deck so any player can play it since legendary cards are really hard to obtain and not a lot of players have them.

scholarsoftheshadows.com

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimGuardians View Post
    ...Scourge is a great card and highly recommend players to replace Minotaurs with it but designed the deck so any player can play it since legendary cards are really hard to obtain and not a lot of players have them.
    ...well, hard is as hard does ))))) as long as you have 20-30k worth of gold on your account, just go and play Meltdown for one week - if you are decent player and manage to place in Top10, u get 2x legendary (foil!) plus all your gold back with roughly 30-40% profit - it can be slightly different depending on your win-rate though

...that's how i got my first 2x Foils Scourges - placed 6th in weekly Meltdown...then, i got 3rd from booster, also foil (i know - a lucky bastard i am)))))
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts