Close

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been waiting for an opponent for like half an hour. What happens if I cancel?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, so I've read this post and played some MD matches:
    first game i win and get rank 304 (at least 304 players, anything better than 152 would be top 50%)
    at the end of the week after 5 games played, 120 score and rank 143, and I get no reward

why?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by xepa View Post
    Ok, so I've read this post and played some MD matches:
    first game i win and get rank 304 (at least 304 players, anything better than 152 would be top 50%)
    at the end of the week after 5 games played, 120 score and rank 143, and I get no reward

why?

Your score may have been equivalent to 50% ranking and the system may have rounded you down into the sixth tier

Which is a shame since your win rate was quite high...

I apologise if this article has mislead you and thus caused you to lose gold...

This article is an interpretation of both data and what Kyle has told me about the system. And so it will never be 100% representative of how the system works.

There may have been some areas where I have misinterpreted or some areas where I have omitted information that is simply not known.

However, since Kyle is intent on not revealing how it all works, this article is the next best thing on the forum on exposing how the system works

So maybe aim for a tier 4+ score like 240+ next time as I have prescribed in my 3 step process.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Many many thanks to Pat Jay for this wonderful guide. I'm sure it has helped to boost activity levels and player gold reserves since it was posted!

But since Meltdown has just become free and the prizes have changed, this guide is no longer accurate, so I have unstickied it at Pat Jay's request.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Many many thanks to Pat Jay for this wonderful guide. I'm sure it has helped to boost activity levels and player gold reserves since it was posted!

But since Meltdown has just become free and the prizes have changed, this guide is no longer accurate, so I have unstickied it at Pat Jay's request.
    Thanks you everyone for all your support in helping write this article

It was a real pleasure exposing the secrets and subtleties of Meltdown to you all

Now Meltdown is pretty strightforward so have fun yall!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Jay View Post
    Thanks you everyone for all your support in helping write this article

It was a real pleasure exposing the secrets and subtleties of Meltdown to you all

Now Meltdown is pretty strightforward so have fun yall!
    As 1000th posts go, that was pretty simple. Can you teach me how to do that?

Congratulations any way!