Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How do you ever get set up with the portal build. I for the life o men can't get a sliver of control with that deck...there is so much focus on high cc cards that by time you can start laying those down you're already facing an army on the opposing side. any advice would be helpful

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbow View Post
    How do you ever get set up with the portal build. I for the life o men can't get a sliver of control with that deck...there is so much focus on high cc cards that by time you can start laying those down you're already facing an army on the opposing side. any advice would be helpful
    I've been told in the past that people don't like my style of portal play because I try to use an aggressive strategy. Most of the allies are squishy and easy to remove, but the reason is I use them as meat shields to keep damage off of Gravebone. Once I'm set up properly then they instantly become missiles maximizing damage thru portal. I have a lot of high cost allies but that is only to ensure that I have some when portal is up. However it is not always better with Gravebone to send 1 fatty thru portal when you can send 2 smaller guys. The advantage to this your opponent now has 2 targets to deal with in lieu of 1 big one. Also a good strategy when you know your opponent has multiple control options in their deck.

Note: going second and opponent has board, (turn 3) I always throw down ally even if I have a fireball in hand. I use the fireball following turn when I'm also able to revive my previously killed 3cc. Turn 4 is usually a set up turn for opponent so this is good momentum shift.
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i need to record games some how I guess and see if any one is willing to offer advice on my plays. I've seen similar decks to this dominate but I just can't get ahead. BTW re-reading what I posted before it came across judgmental of the deck. If it was taken that way my apologies, I am no where near good enough to judge any deck unless its something like all armors or some stupid bs. Just seeing how to amke a different gb strat work I like trying different styles for differnet heroes. I thinks that's the best way to get better.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ok its good ofcourse .. but no sever ties ?? and no LLN or acid jet ?? ... acid jet will work better with this i think

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's just a personal preference of mine. I hate item d and rarely use ST. Tweak as you would I wont hate
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    finally tried the sanctuary build...best gb synergy I've seen yet...great job

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Buqs View Post
    Deck Slot 3: Fatty Build

Gravebone x1

Allies: (17)
    Ironhide x4
    Gargoyle x4
    Morbid Acolyte x3
    Plasma Behemoth x4
    Kairos x1
    Ogloth x1

Abilities/Items/Attachments: (23)
    Fireball x4
    Lightning Strike x4
    Nova x3
    Tome of Knowledge x3
    Sac Lamb x2
    Consuming Fear x3
    Bloodthirsty x2
    Shriek x2

Sleeve: Blood Moon

TOTAL: 41

Resource Curve:
    1cc - 2
    2cc - 12
    3cc - 13
    4cc - 4
    5cc - 7
    6cc - 2

General Play Style:

This deck is a traditional fatty build. It has good early game with allies, abilities and CF. PB is the star of this deck. He has potential to deal with multiple targets and deal massive damage, and with the inclusion of bloodthirsty he can quickly get out of control and help you draw some cards at the same time. Oggy plays a similar role to PB. The higher health means you can still oggy bomb and bloodthirsty with ability can quickly get his attack/health levels up. Kairos is also in because I prefer not to play with ST or get caught with 2 unique high cost allies. While BT can be good with Kairos it's not really as great with other 2 allies. Kairos is good because of high health, steadfast and retaliation damage. GBs ability lends the opportunity to stall with bloodthirsty in hand and wait until you get the board to play it safely. Nova + ability pretty much guarantees this can happen often.

Some of the Medium to Good Matchups:

Amber. We've got a large number of hard to kill allies so they will generally require 2 sources of damage to kill. CB can minimize the effectiveness of PB but they must be completely killed to be non-threatening, which means you can revive them often. Amber will typically use allies lite on HP so nova can easily reset the board, also bloodthirsty can assist in keeping pace on draw. Kairos can reduce the chances of Amber death racing if you can get to him and he doesn't get CBed.

Gwen. This match really all depends on if Gwen is playing with ITF and/or how much damage you can put down before she gets set up. Typically shes got until turn 6 before she takes off and GB has enough early game to put the pressure on. Bazaar should be shrieked immediately. Save your Sac Lamb/Novas for denying Gwen healing opportunities. Nova is also able to deal damage and bypass ITF. Kairos is great for retaliation attacking Gwen. He will take a beating too, but he helps to reduce the weapon durability much faster.

Nishaven. We are going to combat Nish with lots of hard to kill allies. most allies are going to require 5+ damage to remove which put them just out of nish blast range. Nish typically has a rush deck, or a high costing deck. The high cost version may be solo with either Vow or DoU, Vow version can become difficult if he gets set up properly. Rush version is easier as Nish can't control your allies like Eladwen can, and he also has to have a higher resource count. Drawing on ToK becomes too slow of a draw for this, so he may be playing with bad santas.

Lance. Morbid Acolyte and PB are the stars in this matchup. They are able to bypass the stealth effects of Lances ability and both generally are allies Lance want completely removed from the board. IK is another ally the performs well against lance because he is immune to anklebreakers. He also generally becomes the target of an assassination or hasted ally attack depending on the state of the game. Shriek is for IGG and CF can really assist in numbing the effects of ravens (as can MA). This is a much more winable matchup than a CotC Lance.

Serena. This can be a good matchup for you. Weve got 6 good fatties but really PB is best followed by Kairos. PB again will be the superstar. A buffed weapon is not strong enough to take out PB on its own so Serena will be forced to disable with anklebreakers or combo up to take him out until he is removed from board. Kairos is decent, as Serena may decide to go for the hero, force discard, then deal with combat to Kairos as a 4/4 HP swap. Black Garb can be problematic, so you will may want to use a shriek on this at a key point in the game. But do remember she is probably holding onto another one so make sure the damage is large enough to justify its use (since you would not be using on IGG). If you can get ahead on the board with a few allies you can really make Serena suffer but she does have the tools to potentially own you. Skill of Serena player is heavily a determining factor in this one.

Ter Adun. PB is king in this matchup. Your not going to have a reliable draw engine so slow playing will kinda be forced on you. PBs ability is unaffected by attack modifiers (CB, Punishers Gauntlets, etc) so you will typically have a consistant source of damage and the 5 health usually mean 1-2 turns of surviveability.

Gravebone. OK so this deck has the tools to deal with a Gravebone. Some key allies will be Oggy and Kairos because of their nova surviveability. PB is still good too. This matchup will typically go to howmever can get setup properly first.

Darkclaw. A solo darkclaw should not present a ton of problems. If you can get your allies down early and put the beating on him. IK and Gargs are not affected by an unbuffed WBT so swing away. They will become the targets for NYRM. Captured prey can be troublesome because it shuts down PB completely (as well as DCs hero buff w/ speedstrike), but we've got enough of them to get a rotation going to get the big damage in. You've also got shriek which you can use a critical points for WBT or EA, basically when certain allies are about to die.

Moonstalker. As a Mage this is already a favorable matchup and cycling PB just isn't even fair.
    MA is primary board choice over Gargoyle for any allies that may be included in opponents deck (I usually try to keep 1 MA on board at all times. Once PB is in graveyard he becomes primary revive and MAs should be played from hand as support. Shriek for stall tactics if board is set up for big damage, or for EA to reduce DoTs on your allies.

Elementalis. This is probably the best shot GB has at good matchups vs Elementalis, which is only better if opponent has a bad opening. The really hard to kill allies that Elementalis produces usually means you are fighting from behind and having to use DD to help chop down the HP of those allies so that you can kill them off with some form of combo technique. If you can drop PB on empty board and have him stick for a turn or 2 while you build momentum you can get the win. CF becomes a big assistance in this matchup, but be careful about leaving opposing allies alive because of Superfocus. If Elementalis build is Sanctuary/Interference build you are probably in for some trouble.

Zaladar. This matchup has tons of things that Zal hates. Lots of hard to kills Gargoyles and MA, and PB has low attack so retaliation from MC is low. Zal still has a shot at winning but he's going to sweat and it should be a close match.

---------

Majiya is probably the worst matchup for these 3 decks.
    Is this still a good deck to use in current version?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Honestly haven't played it in a long time. There's new allies that are just too good to pass up. See signature link for my current gravebone. I'll do an official write up at some point on this thread, there's a few changes but the meat is still there.

I'm pretty much recommending Falseblood Cultist in every gravebone deck (with allies)
    EveryThing Changes

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Buqs View Post
    Honestly haven't played it in a long time. There's new allies that are just too good to pass up. See signature link for my current gravebone. I'll do an official write up at some point on this thread, there's a few changes but the meat is still there.

I'm pretty much recommending Falseblood Cultist in every gravebone deck (with allies)
    You still use a gravebone deck though? And what is your rank if you don't mind me asking?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I do play gb still, however for the past few weeks I've been experimenting with undead tribe only builds. Then for some reason I've decided to try and make Skervox work. Started as undead but has since changed ....a lot. So I'm running Skervox only right now because he gets no love and I so I'm trying to see what I can do with him
    EveryThing Changes