Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As a meltdown addict I've got to say I was a bit dissapointed that a gold entry is not an option at all. I really don't want extra cards that I would then turn in for gold to buy.....well nothing. Is gold getting phased out? It seems that a gold entry fee would be viable, you just don't keep the cards.
    Soylentgreen is people!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With a gold entry fee, where is Wulven profit? The fee must be in shadow crystals

What i like in the tournament scene in SE is the ton of different tournament formats. The new system only support 1 that is single elimination.

Wulven will not sponsor forum tournaments anymore? I mean what really kept this game alive the last years was all those pop ups and long term tournaments organized by players with wulven's sponsorship. So if you take out this completely, your are turning your back to all those players that helped this game in the past.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Colosal View Post
    With a gold entry fee, where is Wulven profit? The fee must be in shadow crystals

What i like in the tournament scene in SE is the ton of different tournament formats. The new system only support 1 that is single elimination.

Wulven will not sponsor forum tournaments anymore? I mean what really kept this game alive the last years was all those pop ups and long term tournaments organized by players with wulven's sponsorship. So if you take out this completely, your are turning your back to all those players that helped this game in the past.
    So if you're a player who has all the cards you need then where is the incentive to play in a meltdown tourny? The 1st place prize doesn't cover the entry. I just think there should be some other incentive other than making Wulven some money.
    Soylentgreen is people!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In the future will you be able to create sealed tourneys too?
    Leader of EnlistedtoEndure

If you want to learn more about my guild you can at this link: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....e-Next-Chapter

Bless those who persecute you. Don't curse them; pray that God will bless them.-Romans 12:14 NLT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew Two View Post
    Is there any chance that there could be free (with no prizes), or very low cost gold-based tourneys for us broke teenagers? I would love to use the feature, but it would be nice to have a less expensive option too :P (would still probably use it, just wouldn't be able to as often)
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    A few things.
    One last issue: tournaments are not for free players, which imo is sad. Make leveling up more linear (not exponential like it's now) and give a bigger reward to leveling.or give a way for free people to compete in tournaments to a lesser extent. It's quite simple: if people can't try something for free, they won't pay for it to try it out because they'll be scared or unsure if it's worth the money for them.
    I agree! A gold based tourney with very modest prizes would be intresting not only to the money limited player but also a novice or part-time player who whats to try our the tourney scene with a good chance of competative balance.
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not a fan of entry fees, even though I would prolly still pay the SC.

I would suggest prizes to differ depending on number of players and entry fee.

For example, you can decide to pay an entry fee of 10 SC, prizes could be 50 SC.

Just an idea, it can definitely be better :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In the twitch presentation, someone would create a tournament and would have to wait until enough people had joined it to start. During that time, people could come and leave as they pleased.

Do you have plans to introduce some kind of blind tournament queue? (i.e. the first 4 or 8 available players are paired together)

ps: looking forward to this!
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah for me the formats other than constructed doesn't interest me given that the entry cost is too high and the reward is not that great. I have all the cards and more already, so I don't see the need to keep the packs from the tourney. I have more than enough gold as well and I really have nothing to spend my gold on.

I like iClipse's idea about tourney tickets but make it so that you can buy them either with gold or SC. Something like 100 SC for a ticket or 2500 gold for a ticket. Then have it cost a certain number of tickets for the various formats. At the current prices listed, I can't imagine draft or meltdown tournaments lasting longer than just the initial interest it might hold for rich veteran players.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So can't guilds (or individuals) abuse this to get tons of free SC? Create new account, play till you get 100 or 500sc (not sure how long this takes) 2 real accounts join vs new accounts... New accounts lose... Ta da!
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    to avoid this: unlock this feature at level 15 or 20, which could protect new players from wasting their sc too.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements