Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFerrari View Post
    I saw it that way that I had too many +5cc spells and it would hurt the resource curve. I also run Aldmor so I ciuld get FT back in the same turn anyway. I rarely used Logans ability as I felt I often didnt need to. I play slow paced so there is no need to get it right away.
    Ah. With Aldmor, that would work better. I was trying to think of a draw engine that could immediately get the FT back into play and I forgot Aldmor.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh wow, at first vs AI i wasnt impressed cause it was a close call each time. But in QM at 250+ i just beat banebow no problem. Its just very long matches.
    My main problem with it is that every card you draw is needed, what im getting at is if you dont get lucky early and get cripple blows, ascendants or even a weapon (i got my first on t6-7) you could be in big trouble or if you get all the necessary cards early but only 1x of each so need to sacrifice something too important.
    Snow sapphire is quite problematic if you dont draw smashing's.
    Other solo decks could be very hard.
    SK+Furrions are awesome. SK with the armor ability is a good way of doing quick dammage after a summon.
    Logans ability with rampage and killing spree really clears a board and will take care of fatties like aeons that cant just be crippled and forgotten
    Anyway ill keep checking on this deck's, i like how it works
    Edit: can rothem ready your allies after they attacked?
    Last edited by xlemor; 10-08-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by xlemor View Post
    Oh wow, at first vs AI i wasnt impressed cause it was a close call each time. But in QM at 250+ i just beat banebow no problem. Its just very long matches.
    My main problem with it is that every card you draw is needed, what im getting at is if you dont get lucky early and get cripple blows, ascendants or even a weapon (i got my first on t6-7) you could be in big trouble or if you get all the necessary cards early but only 1x of each so need to sacrifice something too important.
    Snow sapphire is quite problematic if you dont draw smashing's.
    Other solo decks could be very hard.
    SK+Furrions are awesome. SK with the armor ability is a good way of doing quick dammage after a summon.
    Logans ability with rampage and killing spree really clears a board and will take care of fatties like aeons that cant just be crippled and forgotten
    Anyway ill keep checking on this deck's, i like how it works
    Edit: can rothem ready your allies after they attacked?
    I agree with you that certain opening draws could be problematic; this is why almost all cards in the deck are 3x or 4x - that way I don't mind do badly having to sac an opening hand Rampage or Rothem's, or even a Shadow Knight or Reserve Weapon. The only ones I really won't sac in my opening hand (matchup dependent, of course) are Evil Ascendant, Betserker's Edge, Furion Terror, and Blood Frenzy, possibly Smashing Blow.

That said, sounding like a concerning problem on paper, of 30 live games, I've still won over 80% of them. As they say, "the proof is in the pudding."

Snow Sapphire is tough if you don't have Smashing Blow, but frankly, if you're facing an opponent who can use SS, you should be holding onto your SBs, and not using them to destroy lesser-impacting weapons. I've beaten that situation before where between Rothem's-hasted SKs/FTs and my own boosted Beraerker's Edge, being frozen did very little to slow down the damage output. Because Evil Ascendant will often be on the board, if you play a Shadow Knight, swing with it, play the FT the SK just recovered for you, attack with it, SK is frozen but at 2 health. On your turn he'll be at 1 health (from EA) and if your opp had a weapon out when you attacked them, your SK and/or FT will die this turn, allowing you to play another SK and do it all over again.

And no, Rothem's doesn't let you double-attack.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How critical is Furion Terror here? I came up with a very similar idea, but, mine of course is probably much worse. Well, forget probably. Much worse.

But, I'd like you to compare it to your version anyway and critique away.

***HERO***
    Logan Stonebreaker

***Allies (8)***
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Bad Wolf

***Abilities (17)***
    3x Smashing Blow
    1x Enrage
    4x Crippling Blow
    3x Rampage
    4x Blood Frenzy
    2x Killing Spree

***Items (7)***
    3x Reserve Weapon
    4x Evil Ascendant

***Weapons (9)***
    4x Berserker's Edge
    2x Dragon's Tooth
    3x Spectral Sabre

TOTAL: 41 cards + Hero

My idea was that the Evil Ascendent would take care of low health creatures while my hero ability and Dragon's Tooth could handle the fatties. Got some Smashing blow and Spectral Sabre for a little flexibility. Gargolye and Bad Wolf pale in comparison to Furion and Shadow Knight, but, at a fraction of the price and a little more durability in the Ascendent environment they might be useful.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Logan Stonebreaker - TDV (The Devil's Visage)

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Davis View Post
    How critical is Furion Terror here? I came up with a very similar idea, but, mine of course is probably much worse. Well, forget probably. Much worse.

But, I'd like you to compare it to your version anyway and critique away.

***HERO***
    Logan Stonebreaker

***Allies (8)***
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Bad Wolf

***Abilities (17)***
    3x Smashing Blow
    1x Enrage
    4x Crippling Blow
    3x Rampage
    4x Blood Frenzy
    2x Killing Spree

***Items (7)***
    3x Reserve Weapon
    4x Evil Ascendant

***Weapons (9)***
    4x Berserker's Edge
    2x Dragon's Tooth
    3x Spectral Sabre

TOTAL: 41 cards + Hero

My idea was that the Evil Ascendent would take care of low health creatures while my hero ability and Dragon's Tooth could handle the fatties. Got some Smashing blow and Spectral Sabre for a little flexibility. Gargolye and Bad Wolf pale in comparison to Furion and Shadow Knight, but, at a fraction of the price and a little more durability in the Ascendent environment they might be useful.
    As A1 guildmate Jacqui enlightened me, too many weapons dilute the consistency. I originally ran 2x Sabre, 4x Jeweler's Dream, 2x Berserker's Edge. Logan's ability + BE's damage output handles everything. Also, since Dragon's Tooth can't be buffed, it will not kill Gargoyle or even Ironhide Karash, even WITH Logan's ability activated.

SK and FT ARE more expensive than IG and Wolf, but they also do way more. FT clears the board, and SK hits really hard, as well as granting card advantage, both directly, by returning the ally to your hand, plus the residual advantage of playing a FT a second time, killing allies again. Plus, with Rampage, FT is a nice lifegain spike. No one fears getting hit by two gargoyles late game - two hasted SKs, on the other hand, end games.
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 10-09-2013 at 05:06 AM.
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    As A1 guildmate Jacqui enlightened me, too many weapons dilute the consistency. I originally ran 2x Sabre, 4x Jeweler's Dream, 2x Berserker's Edge. Logan's ability + BE's damage output handles everything. Also, since Dragon's Tooth can't be buffed, it will never kill Sandworm, or even Gargoyle, web WITH Logan's ability activated.

SK and FT ARE more expensive that IG as Wolf, but they also do way more. FT clears the board, and SK hits really hard, as well as granting card advantage, both directly, by returning the ally to your hand, plus the residual advantage of playing a FT a second time, killing allies again. Plus, with Rampage, FT is a nice lifegain spike. No one fears getting hit by two gargoyles late game - two hasted SKs, on the other hand, end games.
    thanks for the reply. I've got a lot to learn and replies like that help a lot.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @BlanketEffect - Actually, Dragon's Tooth will kill Sandworm. The ally only needs to be 5cc or higher and "attackable" in order for it to die. It won't be able to kill gargoyle though.

@Wes - Once all your allies are crippled or dead, the only way you can kill off your opponent would be with weapons which will still lose durability from your opponent's allies. With SK, you have a continuous supply of allies that you can use to kill off your opponent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    @BlanketEffect - Actually, Dragon's Tooth will kill Sandworm. The ally only needs to be 5cc or higher and "attackable" in order for it to die. It won't be able to kill gargoyle though.

@Wes - Once all your allies are crippled or dead, the only way you can kill off your opponent would be with weapons which will still lose durability from your opponent's allies. With SK, you have a continuous supply of allies that you can use to kill off your opponent.
    Yes, Danae, you are correct. I'm not sure why I wrote it that way, as I'm aware that Dragon's Tooth kills Sandworm. Thank you for bringing it up, though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I had a very similar deck a while back but just had zero luck with it. I played it for a few games and I just kept drawing bad hands. No AE, a hand full of 5cc allies.... so I gave up on it. Maybe I'll have to revisit it soon.
    IGN: Darrkloki

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...with all due respect, even AI can beat this deck
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts