Close

Thread: 320ish amber

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

320ish amber

*this deck is is the minimum but I've played up to 3 extras cards. I think right now it's +1 seductress*

Here's the latest version of my amber, has me at about 318 right now:

3 puwen
    3 Aldon
    3 layarian
    2 armored SW
    3 aeon

4 jewelers
    3 spectral

4 frenzy
    3 Bad Santa
    3 retreat
    4 crippling
    1 enrage
    3 smashing blow

I used to run 4 puwen 4 aldon, and things like treasured heirloom and TO for the other card draw. But I decided to cut a few allies in favor of some stronger late game allies, and I'm using bad Santa for the extra card draw. The turn two puwen then aldon is nice when you are playing
    first but I decided it's not so important as maybe a turn two bad Santa to help you find a turn three frenzy.

Sacrificing cards: you don't want to sac too many. Don't worry about clearing up space in case someone drops a bad Santa, just keep making two plays a turn and then drawing up to 7 on most turns. I like to sac my bad Santas (provided I have a blood frenzy or two) a retreat a crippling ( usually I won't sac more than 3 of these 7 cards) I'd also normally sac a spectral depending on the match up. Puwen and aldon are also good cards to sacrifice as a layarian is a good card to hang on to.
    Last edited by Nijjis; 04-17-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So normally it would be a turn two puwen or bad Santa if playing first. Followed by a turn 3 Aldon or frenzy ideally. Turn four can then be JD and 2cc obviously or stay at three and play a layarian. sometimes you may not have drawn the right cards yet so stay patient. I try to keep my hand relatively full so I might not get around to playing a sandworm or aeon until turn ten it just depends.

if second I would probably sac bad Santa in my opening hand. Sometimes I'll hang onto puwen on turn one and then play it on turn two if there are no allies down. If my opponent played a turn 2 I'll probably sac puwen because puwen getting killed leaves me with less cards. I wouldn't always use a crip or retreat on their turn two ally (again thinking about hoarding cards) but instead I will use a jewelers dream to take out the turn two. That leaves you with the crip or retreat for bigger allies, or turn it into resources.
    Last edited by Nijjis; 04-17-2014 at 10:39 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That sounds pretty legit. I might try that

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why so many unique allies?.I've found out that in close games and Im looking for a draw to help me keep fighting for the board another Aldon or Aeon is just bad form if I cant play him again. -2 aldon + 2 eschewed for board control, -2 Aeon for 2+ SW

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Seductress. I meant