Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rothems Visage

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Rothems Visage

How is this even a card? An armor that regenerates durability? ..and it gives haste?

I play an eladwen deck and a guy summoned a wild bezerker, had haste and attacked, used the ability and attacked again? How is that even fair?

And how are you supposed to remove it if you dont have a LLN. Does it mean that unless i hold a LLN at that particular point, i lose?

Seems kinda f'cked.

Any suggestions?

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If the card is that great, all the decks in the world would have pack 4 x visage in their decks. But no, that has not happened yet.

Priests have FP. Warriors have sb. Everyone has lln. Rogue have ST. And so on and so on.

Did I mention that allies and weapons also dent all armors?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The MAJOR draw back of the armor is the 5 damage when destroyed and its a late game card andddd what you mentioned is a bug!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    If the card is that great, all the decks in the world would have pack 4 x visage in their decks. But no, that has not happened yet.

Priests have FP. Warriors have sb. Everyone has lln. Rogue have ST. And so on and so on.

Did I mention that allies and weapons also dent all armors?
    Yeah all that is fine. What should i add to my eladwen deck? im thinking staff of disintegration. but even that doesnt guarantee its removal and plus hes gonna be bringing allies with haste and im gonna need my freeze ability.

I guess i just have to increase my llns

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jackabox View Post
    The MAJOR draw back of the armor is the 5 damage when destroyed and its a late game card andddd what you mentioned is a bug!!
    Oh that wild bezerker thing is a bug!! Hell, i didnt know that. Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flamereaper View Post
    Oh that wild bezerker thing is a bug!! Hell, i didnt know that. Thanks
    It's not really a bug; but I'll like to see what Mojumbo (The Rules Man) says.

"Haste" allows the ally to attack on the turn it is summoned. So WB is summoned and he attacks. Visage says all allies that enter play this turn gains haste. So WB is already exhausted from his first attack; however WB is summoned this turn and hence fulfilled the requirements for Visage's ability, so he can regains "Haste". I don't see that as an issue or a bug.
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 10-07-2013 at 05:34 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flamereaper View Post
    Yeah all that is fine. What should i add to my eladwen deck? im thinking staff of disintegration. but even that doesnt guarantee its removal and plus hes gonna be bringing allies with haste and im gonna need my freeze ability.

I guess i just have to increase my llns
    If I am you, I would just pack more burn and more draw and burn him to death. Ignore his armor. My elad has no LLN in it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not many people use it so don't worried to much about it although I hate that card when it has lythim coating on it!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    It's not really a bug; but I'll like to see what Mojumbo (The Rules Man) says.

"Haste" allows the ally to attack on the turn it is summoned. So WB is summoned and he attacks. Visage says all allies that are summoned this turn gains haste. So WB is already exhausted from his first attack; however WB is summoned this turn and hence fulfilled the requirements for Visage's ability, so he can regains "Haste". I don't see that as an issue or a bug.
    Hmmm that's a good point but an ally shouldn't be able to attack twice on the same turn unless stated imo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As far as I know from Mojumbo, Haste allows an ally to attack immediately in the turn it was summoned, but should not allow it to attack again. I believe Lance causes something like this to happen, where if you summon an ally with Haste and attack with it, you can use Lance to allow it to attack again, but I'm pretty sure Mojumbo has said that is a bug.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator