Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Attachment-deck as the main goal of a deck?

Hi,
    I wanted to try a new deck and a new class, so I clicked through all my cards to get an idea.
    One of these cards were "Incense of Atonement", so I thought about how a deck might be around it and if it's even possible to make a deck with attachments as a main goal.

I don't have a deck build so far, which I could post with it but I wanted to hear your opinion and ideas about it.
    Is it possible to build a deck with this and could climb up the ladder with it?
    Will Zhanna Mist or Jericho Spellbane be the better choice?
    Will it be a more ally-buffing deck or will it work good enough as "punishment" for opponent attachment-use?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Irell; 10-04-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Priests (and possibly Elementalis) are currently the only heroes that can run a decent attachment-heavy deck. In general, I'd prefer using Zhanna if only because she can make use of the surprise factor of A Legend Rises on a crippled ally; an opponent will already know their attachment will be removed with Jericho's ability.

There are quite a few good attachments to consider adding:
    -Divine Connection is great, letting you get more bang for your attachment-buck with the recycling effect. Not sure if it'd be worth all 4 spots in a deck, but 2-3 seems a decent number.
    -A Legend Rises gives the most powerful boost, and is golden against Warriors and Wulven.
    -Treasured Heirloom is powerful just for extra draw, the +1 attack is the bonus. (Divine Connection+Treasured Heirloom+Tidal Wave/Mass Purification brings Heirloom back to your hand along with the extra draw.)
    -Inner Strength is a mini-Legend Rises, good for a small boost but not quite as powerful as the first two.
    -Sacred Fire Walker is interesting, as it allows an ally to kill weaker ones before they can even hit or damage a hero through their armor, but useless against allies with damage reduction (excluding Karash, SFW screws him over hard).

Also, be sure to make use of allies that get extra benefits from attachments:
    -Knight of the Golden Dawn gets an extra +1 atk per attachment on him, plus his healing ability is anohter reason to use Zhanna over Jericho.
    -Radiant Wisp is great if you can equip her, turns into a 4/6 with A Legend Rises.
    -Devoted Lightbearer is decent against other Humans and lets you play a turn-4 KotGD or Sandworm.
    -Sandworm doesn't get any special benefits from attachments, but is still one of the best options for them with his durability.

Lastly, I wouldn't bother with Incense of Atonement. The deck should focus more on getting allies and their attachments to stick so you can get your damage that way, rather than the ping damage of IoA.

Hope this helps.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    SFW is also interesting because the damage preempts defender attacks, so a defending ally with defender would get damaged (and possibly die) before they get their early retaliation strike. It's like having a bonus 2 pre-defender damage, along with your regular damage afterward.
    Last edited by plaidman; 10-31-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You really can go with either but Jericho would benefit more from these cards. There is also radiant wisp and knight of golden dawn to play with.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If your main focus of the Deck is going to be attachment based, I would try to limit the number of attachments to as little as possible. I personally would stick to just Treasured Heirloom, Sacred Fire Walker and/or A Legend Rises. Drawing too many attachments and not drawing any allies to go with them can be brutal.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    If your main focus of the Deck is going to be attachment based, I would try to limit the number of attachments to as little as possible. I personally would stick to just Treasured Heirloom, Sacred Fire Walker and/or A Legend Rises. Drawing too many attachments and not drawing any allies to go with them can be brutal.
    This. A couple copies of Divine Connection to make things cheaper and make removal less painful, maybe a couple copies of Lingering Essence if you choose Jericho, and then 4x of two or three ally attachments, maybe four if you only go 3x. And generally, Incense of Atonement just isn't worth it. Either you have enough allies on board that you can win without the ping, or you can't keep allies on the board and are therefore unable to play attachments for the ping. There were a number of us who tried back when DP was young.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for your answers. But I won't give up even if it's not a good deck I have fun with it, atleast with building the deck.
    So I present my version of attachment-rush (it's still in building phase but maybe you have some advices for me)

1x Zhanna Mist (I tried it with Jericho to get the loop but needed the healing aspect more in the end)
    4x Kristoffer Wyld
    4x Birgitte Skullborn (cheap and might be the decoy of other cards)
    4x Focus Prayer
    4x Reinforced Armor (What? This card? Yes! Cause it's one of cheaper attachments)
    4x Extra Sharp (I know this card will only last for one round but with Radiant Wisp or with Devine Connection it comes back to the deck)
    1x Bad Santa
    4x Radiant Wisp (the main allies for the deck)
    4x Sacred Fire Walker
    2x Mass Purification (I don't like it so far cause they are expensive but would be nice for recycling the attachments)
    4x Incense of Atonement (The key-card of this deck)
    2x Divine Connection (maybe I'll add one more)
    2x Blessed Protection (it's a cheap attachment)

What do you think about it? What about cards like "Lingering Essence"; "Mystic of the Vale"; "Treasured Heirloom" or "Disrupt Aura"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You don't have nearly enough allies there. And you need allies that will survive at first place so you can attach something to them.Playing cheap allies and going for Insense as only damage source is not enough. Especially since you have absolutely no draw engine. You will spend all your hand on single ally which will be killed and than what?
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I know it's not a good deck and I said it before it's only a fun deck not a competitive one. I was trying to test this game mechanic with the attachments and Incense of Atonement. And when Divine Connection is played my attachments come back after the host of it is destroyed and I can play it again. This deck isn't meant to play heavy allies it meant to be more rush like

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you could focus on one that can be fun and functionable though.
    just add a few draw cards and some more allies.
    remove cards you seem to sac a lot