Close

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lore Questions!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Yes. Carmila.
    Aside from me overlooking that obvious answer? *facepalm*
    No animals were harmed in the making of this sig... I tried, but that damn monkey was way too fast.

IGN: Disturbed Animal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by aNIMaL View Post
    Hey, you never answered my question about Fire Snake!
    That was answered awhile back.

Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    Here's a question.

So I've been looking at the map of Balor, and I noticed that in Gaderi one of the cities is called Braxno. This is where I'd assume the Braxnorian cards come from, like Soldier and Veteran. However there's also the card Gaderi Barbarian, which made me wonder, is there any difference between cards with just Gaderi in the name and those with Braxnorian? Is Braxno a particularly important region of Gaderi to have particular cards named specifically for it?
    Braxno is one of the major villages in Gaderi, second only to the Irumian in its mercenary training and capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamebringer View Post
    As a general question, are you planning on doing more Tribes in Focus (and characters in focus) and if so when should we expect to see them? I quite liked those articles. Sounds like tribes are taking a larger role in the next expansion.
    Yes, both series will be continued in the near future! Tribes in Focus will likely come first, as it will be an important part of spoiling Shattered Fates, with Characters in Profile showing up shortly after the release.

Trying to think of the different tribes that are already in-game - are they based all on the tags beside ally type? (I guess that's more of a design question)
    Based on that I see Undead, Templars, Wulven, Twilight, Templar, Homunculus, Ravager and Yari.
    Tribes are denoted by the tag attached to ally type, yes, but that is not the only way we're looking at. For more on that, you'll just have to wait and see!

Why would the Yari fight for either side, but only for warriors of those sides?
    Being warmongering mercenaries, the Yari align themselves with those who share similar interests and goals. As such, the warrior heroes fit their style more than any of the others.

Where do the Marshland Sentinels come from, and is there a reason why they fight for the humans?
    Like Earthen Protector, Marshland was brought forth using the powers of the Shadow Crystals on mundane objects to create living weapons of war!

What exactly is Nightshade? Human?
    A Rogue ally? Nightshade is the operative title of a small group who work alongside the Hands.

Are any of the weapons/armours in the game related to lore? Would things like the Wand of Izikus be unique, or maybe just items named after their inventors?
    Yes, almost everything in the game has some tie in to the lore. Items are named for a myriad of reasons; perhaps they were the creators, sometimes there's a passing thought relating them, or it could have been their personal weapon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heh, I was thinking Nightshade was a unique ally. Oops.
    Proud Member of Alpha Predator
    Brotherhood. Honor. Glory.

I may set you on fire. It's not personal, I just like fire.

IGN: AP Flamebringer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What language(s) do the inhabitants of Balor speak, if not just English (or Spanish. Or German. Or Chinese. Or whatever country the reader is from)?
    No animals were harmed in the making of this sig... I tried, but that damn monkey was way too fast.

plo
    1)
    Quote Originally Posted by NachyoChez View Post
    Balor is a living, breathing world. There are thousands of relationships: be they friendships, family ties, or more romantic.
    Did you mean this literally? That the world of Balor itself has a life on it`s own? Or was it poetic?

2) What is the current status of reading in Balor? does everyone knows how to read or is it reserved for the elite of each society? Do the Gaderi have a writting system? Is there any dialect used for social distinction?

3) Are we going to see more advanced weapons throuout the game? Like catapults, rifle, etc...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lore Questions!

I did a quick search on this but couldn't find the answer to who the Vreil person in Blake's flavour text is supposed to be (or were) ... Help anyone?
    Best Regards,

Bobbypim
    [ Warwizard of the Jutland Plains ]

Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    ( Read about my guild )

IGN: BP Bobbypim

Card designs:
    Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Heroes Rising | Coming of Dragons
    Trackers of Night | Keystones

plo
    And one more thing: my History teacher once said that Europe appears on top of the world map and the Standard time is Greenwich because they were the ones who made the map, and wanted to see themselves "on top of the world".

Can't you use a similar argument and say Layar is on the center because the map was made by Layarians?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why exactly is Baduruu considered a Hunter? His depictions put him as more of a type of summoner or necromancer rather than one with great bowmanship.

Who exactly is the king in which the King's Pride armor is dedicated to?

Are the Elementals from a more technologically advanced relam as suggested by Infinity Core?

Is the gateway on Sever Ties one to the world of shadows?
    Last edited by Daemon Rayge; 10-20-2013 at 03:16 AM.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by aNIMaL View Post
    What language(s) do the inhabitants of Balor speak, if not just English (or Spanish. Or German. Or Chinese. Or whatever country the reader is from)?
    The different countries of Balor, and all the worlds of the Shadow speak differing languages and dialects.

Quote Originally Posted by plo View Post
    1) Did you mean this literally? That the world of Balor itself has a life on it`s own? Or was it poetic?
    Poetically, though it could be taken in a literal sense. What I mean is that Balor will change over time, as new events and characters rise to surface. She is not a 'create and forget' type of world!

2) What is the current status of reading in Balor? does everyone knows how to read or is it reserved for the elite of each society? Do the Gaderi have a writting system? Is there any dialect used for social distinction?
    Different nations have different outlooks on education. Lythites, for example, value a sharpness of mind very much and thus heavily enforce education. Irumians, on the other hand, only receive public education if living inside the Vale; most learning is handed from parent to child but a certain level of intelligence is expected, as is reading comprehension. The mind, after all, is the strength of the Raven. As for the Gaderi, they do have a written language, but few villages there enforce education and learning.

3) Are we going to see more advanced weapons throuout the game? Like catapults, rifle, etc...
    Siege engines would be difficult to implement as a 'weapon', but you might see cards depicting them from time to time. Guns, however, might be a little too advanced for our setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbypim View Post
    I did a quick search on this but couldn't find the answer to who the Vreil person in Blake's flavour text is supposed to be (or were) ... Help anyone?
    That information hasn't been released just yet, so you haven't missed it!

And one more thing: my History teacher once said that Europe appears on top of the world map and the Standard time is Greenwich because they were the ones who made the map, and wanted to see themselves "on top of the world".

Can't you use a similar argument and say Layar is on the center because the map was made by Layarians?
    That's a MASS oversimplification of the reasoning! On some maps, espeically those I saw when I was younger, the US was at the center of the map (which meant Europe and Asia were split and presented on opposite sides). Newer maps have us left most, but that's mainly because of continent size. So while the origins of the map have not yet been revealed, I wouldn't use who is 'center mass' on it to determine origin!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    Why exactly is Baduruu considered a Hunter? His depictions put him as more of a type of summoner or necromancer rather than one with great bowmanship.
    The first rituals that were created were designed to improve the prowess of the hunters from reach tribe. These rituals are still respected by some on Orem, and combined with the power of a Shadow Crystal these rituals give Baduruu a measurable edge on his hunting skills!

Who exactly is the king in which the King's Pride armor is dedicated to?
    In the early days of the war, the soldiers of Layar attempted to fend of the Shadow despite the loss of their king. In his memory, the King's Pride was forged to combat the ferocity of the enemy!

Is the gateway on Sever Ties one to the world of shadows?
    No, it it NOT a Shadow Gate!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NachyoChez View Post
    The different countries of Balor, and all the worlds of the Shadow, speak differing languages and dialects.
    By different dialects, do you mean differences similar to that between Spanish and Italian? And what is the rune-type language that apears on the recently-released map of Balor (Layarian, Irumian, etc.)?

A few more things I wonder:

Where in Balor is the place in Ley Line Nexus' art? Is it meant to look identical to Stonehenge, or is that a coincidence?

May we ask for images/paintings/ of the various environments and/or cities in Balor at some point in the future? Personally, I would love to see a rendering of one of The Wilds' ruins!

Whatever is happening with Carmila's plot for revenge? Is she in hiding, planning her first move against the clashing armies; or has she been attacking people and Shadows left and right? [By the way, her role in SE seems kind of similar to the Baterra, which is what my avatar is one of--beings designed to kill anything with a weapon. If anyone wants to learn more about these things, pm me. Shameless plug, I know]

One last question (for now); is the Dragon's Tooth weapon actually what its name suggests? If so, that implies that the beasts are or were native to Balor at some point...If so (again), why haven't we caught a glimpse of any yet? I'm sure somebody's already asked this earlier in SE's history, but I'm just double-checking.

Forgive me if these questions are coming to fast or are too prying into information that can't be released yet--I've recently gained HUGE interest in Shadow Era's lore as more than a game; it's an amazing world that's quickly becoming something bigger than some of the things famous authors and movie directors could possibly create.