Close

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lore Questions!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lore Questions!

Hey Shadow Erites,

It's come to my attention that you guys have more lore questions than a few articles here and there are ever going to answer. So, to that end, I've created this homely little spot for you to dump them all!! All Lore-related questions are welcome, no matter how great or how small!

Bear in mind, however, that many things cannot be answered just yet. There's a lot of surprises in store for everyone, and a clear path for getting that info out there, but as always that path can be determined by you, the community. While I'll happily answer any questions that can be answered right now, others might have to wait for a new 'Focus' article, a 'Profile', or SE Short. Some might even have to wait for Campaign! (can't spoil everything, now can I?)

But with that comes the benefits. By asking questions, you tell me what you're looking most forward to finding out. You reveal where my work should be prioritized, and what holes I've yet to fill for you! So ask, and know that I am listening!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Three currently in my mind:

1) I know that we got a general map of Balor in one of the Wulven Apprentice podcasts, but how soon will we see an actual map? Preferably with major cities and battle sites marked on it.

2) Roughly how many Shadow Worlds have we been exposed to so far? We know about Tinnal the Wulven world, which also seems to be home to the minotaurs, Schueth the Undead world, Thriss which was invaded by the Gaderi, Emore where Fire Snake was thought to be from, and Rackack the world Fire Snake actually is from, and obviously there have been some traitors from Balor itself, but what other worlds have we seen creatures from so far?

3) In the campaign, is there a chance that we might fight on a Shadow world? Like the Gaderi invaded Thriss?
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    Three currently in my mind:

1) I know that we got a general map of Balor in one of the Wulven Apprentice podcasts, but how soon will we see an actual map? Preferably with major cities and battle sites marked on it.
    It's been heavily requested that a map be made available, and we do listen. A map is being created, but some simple MS Paint drawing isn't good enough for you guys, so a lot of resources are going into its creation. As with all things, quality is our highest priority and you guys will NOT be disappointed!

2) Roughly how many Shadow Worlds have we been exposed to so far? We know about Tinnal the Wulven world, which also seems to be home to the minotaurs, Schueth the Undead world, Thriss which was invaded by the Gaderi, Emore where Fire Snake was thought to be from, and Rackack the world Fire Snake actually is from, and obviously there have been some traitors from Balor itself, but what other worlds have we seen creatures from so far?
    Impressive list! The only world categorized and identified so far is Orem, home of the 'elves'. Two heroes call it home, but I'm curious if anyone can name them? Forgive my innate need to foreshadow, but I think we can also spot a few heroes who don't seem to come from any of those places...

3) In the campaign, is there a chance that we might fight on a Shadow world? Like the Gaderi invaded Thriss?
    Write nothing off in regards to campaign, but do understand campaign won't be a 'release and forget' feature. Anything that's missing at launch will still be possible as time passes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is Fire Snake in actuality a supreme being?
    And...
    How old is Majiya? (Generally, not specific. Thousands, hundreds, 20s, etc)
    And...
    What is the relationship between Majiya & Gravebone--enemies (as Preybird's fanfiction suggests), or allies/master-and-student?
    And...
    What are the Elementals' origins, mainly Zaladar & Crystal Titan?
    And...
    Is Wendith a mercenary open to fighting for the Shadows, as her class suggests?

That's it for now, but I'm sure I'll have more questions at a later date
    No animals were harmed in the making of this sig... I tried, but that damn monkey was way too fast.

IGN: Disturbed Animal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NachyoChez
    The only world categorized and identified so far is Orem, home of the 'elves'. Two heroes call it home, but I'm curious if anyone can name them?
    I believe Baduruu comes from Orem, at least it seemingly according to his new DP flavor text.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NachyoChez View Post
    Impressive list! The only world categorized and identified so far is Orem, home of the 'elves'. Two heroes call it home, but I'm curious if anyone can name them? Forgive my innate need to foreshadow, but I think we can also spot a few heroes who don't seem to come from any of those....
    Majiya is clearly from Orem, but my guess for the other elf is Baduruu. Based on artwork alone, they both have the dark skin and some "glowing" portion, and his ears don't show in the original art at least (I think they're still covered in the alt art, too, but I can't remember exactly). Also, none of the other seems to fit. Logan, Moonstalker, and Darkclaw share Tinnal, Banebow and Gravebone look like Scheuthians, Ter Adun is from Thriss, and Zaladar and Elementalis are clearly from somewhere else. Process of elimination says it's got to be Baduruu.
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    I believe Baduruu comes from Orem, at least it seemingly according to his new DP flavor text.
    Oh, good. What's the alt art flavor text?
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    I literally just checked, and I didn't see any new flavor...unless it's part of Jasmine...?
    No animals were harmed in the making of this sig... I tried, but that damn monkey was way too fast.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by aNIMaL View Post
    I literally just checked, and I didn't see any new flavor...unless it's part of Jasmine...?
    The alt arts got new flavor text for Jasmine.

Baduruu: "The rituals of Orem take as much as they give."
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The alt arts got new flavor text for Jasmine.

Baduruu: "The rituals of Orem take as much as they give."
    Ooh! Can't wait to read those; hurry up and release the windows version, DT!