Close

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lore Questions!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Holas Shadow Erites!

First and foremost, I'm sorry this took me so long. I like to wait until there are a few questions so it only takes 1 post to get a page's worth, but then you guys got a little ahead of me, and then it was the holidays, and then bah! Thankfully, some of you really stepped up these past weeks and showed off how much attention you've been paying by answering the questions and answering them well! So, for that I must say thank you!!

Anyways, I've done my best to answer as many of the questions as I can without spoiling too much. As always, some questions might not have been answered at all, others to only a minor extent, and many just get a 'Coming Soon!' tag... hope these help!

Quote Originally Posted by aNIMaL View Post
    I don't remember where it was, but I read somewhere that both Eladwen and Disciple of Aldmor are from the Wilds. Is that true?
    Also, about DoA...is she a specific member of the group, or do they all look exactly like that?
    It has been said, but again for clarity: Eladwen is NOT from the Wilds. As for the Aldmor, keep your eyes peeled for the 'Tribes in Focus'.

Quote Originally Posted by aNIMaL View Post
    Another question: Why are there so few major settlements in Lyth when compared to other regions?
    Again, answered well by the fans but to be clear: Lyth is an incredibly harsh environment. It held the first settlers as 'prisoners', and establishing new territories is incredibly difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    Was Legion United a garb worn by a king? If so, which one?
    No, though it was worn by a prominent 'military' leader-have to watch out for who at another time!

Does the Tome of Knowledge contain all the archaic secrets of magic?
    No. Not even close. The Tome is just a representation of the works of magical knowledge being collected across all the worlds!

How was the Soul Seeker forged and from where it come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamebringer View Post
    What exactly is Special Delivery? The art looks like a bomb - do the people of Balor have gunpowder (or something similar)?
    Was(were) the Beetle Demon Bow(s) created by Mages on Balor, or something the Shadow armies brought with them?
    Are they brought to life by being infused with Shadow Energy? Why can they, but not other objects?
    Many weapons have been forged across Balor, for a myriad of purposes. As for specifics, not yet!

Where does Raven Wildheart call home? Also based upon the flavor text, is she some form of combat instructor?
    Raven is from Irum, which is a nation that made its commerce by raising mercenaries then sending them to other nations to train their armies (since there were no wars to be fought!). As for Raven specifically, time will tell!

Quote Originally Posted by plo View Post
    And about Astronomy, is the world of Balor just a 2 dimension surface? Or is it more like our Solar System with the humans live on the main planet? Are there stars and other planets in the world of Balor?
    There are numerous stars and planets in Balor's skys. Their universe is as vast as ours; in fact some scholars theorize that the 'Shadow' actually hail from the darkest corners of the same universe, while others argue they come from other 'parrallel' universes. The truth? Take a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Capo 9 View Post
    Do the mages get powers from the crystals or magic arts?
    Magic began to appear in Balor at the same time as the crystals were discovered, but no direct correlation has been found. That said, some people are able to harness energy from the crystals to perform INCREDIBLE feats but the war has stunted the scholarly debates on how and why.

Were/are Lance and Serena outlaws of some kind among the nations of Balor? Or something like Vozit's assassins?
    Currently I can't delve too deeply into the hero backstories, but I will say this: Two rogues means two backstories and both of those ideas sound quit familiar...

Quote Originally Posted by Mightyoak713 View Post
    What is the Swan?
    According to the denizens of the Vale, the Swan is a living embodiement of the 'Creator'. She exists inside their ruler, who bears the same title and is as much a political power as she is a spritual leader. She is grace personified to her followers, and important no matter which nation or faith you hail from.

Quote Originally Posted by True Life View Post
    Not sure you'll want to answer this...
    Has the design team created any possible cards for the Hand yet?
    Yes. There are some all the way back from CotC, and in DP!

Quote Originally Posted by Markmasters View Post
    I wonder what the Zailen are for kind of people/race?
    Zail is a member of the Seven, and is the god of enlightenment. 'Zailen' is just using his name as an adjective for one of his followers!

Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    One I've been wondering, a minor one, but still.

Who is Vreil? This person/something is mentioned on Blake Windrunner, and I've wondered if their will be any sort of mention as to who exactly this is that Blake takes down.
    As stated before, that hasn't been revealed yet!

Quote Originally Posted by ShrapnelFox View Post
    In curiosity around the 'Falseblood Cultist'

What can you tell us about the religion/cult the 'Falsebloods'?
    Sure thing. Most of the citizens of Thriss (Ravager homeworld) believe they are descended from powerful and terrible gods called the Asyn. These powerful beings destroyed much of the world, but then vanished after a great war. Only a few remained, and it was from them that the Ravagers arose. There is a small following, though, that believes these are just stories and that they 'blood of the Asyn' is a falsehood. Thus the moniker 'Falseblood'.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobb31088 View Post
    I don't think this has been asked yet.

Where are corrupted angel and soulbound angel from??? Can we expect to see angels as a tribe or faction???
    Currently, they are just promotional items. If there's a story behind them, then it certainly hasn't leaked out yet!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507
    One I've been wondering, a minor one, but still.

Who is Vreil? This person/something is mentioned on Blake Windrunner, and I've wondered if their will be any sort of mention as to who exactly this is that Blake takes down.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachyoChez
    As stated before, that hasn't been revealed yet!
    Hmmm, interesting. Will be interesting to see if this myseterious and seemingly minor figure is actually of some importance.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    Hmmm, interesting. Will be interesting to see if this myseterious and seemingly minor figure is actually of some importance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_m5qis7V1gC1rxsyyfo1_500.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	5479  

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NachyoChez View Post
    Hmmm, I like that quote!
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

plo
    1. Why are the Undead so "cold"? I noticed that they usually have ice attack, why?

2. Why does Yari Marksman has armed attack rather than ranged. Whenever I search a dictionary I find it's something related with shoting, and don't know if Marksman is an appropriate name.

THX

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by plo
    1. Why are the Undead so "cold"? I noticed that they usually have ice attack, why?

2. Why does Yari Marksman has armed attack rather than ranged. Whenever I search a dictionary I find it's something related with shoting, and don't know if Marksman is an appropriate name.

THX
    1. Like Frostmare's flavor text says "Cold as the grave itself!"

2. As for Marksman, I believe his name is a reference more to his ability than his attack, he comes in and immediately snipes off an opposing ally if they have enough out. Also keep in mind that if the Design Team also feels the name doesn't quite fit, it can still be changed, as we are still at a stage for SF where things like this are still up in the air.

Obviously Nachyo has the official answers, but these answers are probably sufficient for now until he goes on one of his mass postings again.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    who is arthyle?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by azx634 View Post
    who is arthyle?
    Arthyle was the leader of the Layarian armies a millenia prior to the opening of the Shadow Gates. He almost conquered the known world but was killed by a Vozitian Assassin (The Hand of the King). Fast forward to current times and he was resurrected by the Man of Shadows to lead his armies against the human forces.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ok ty preybird

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    a few more question :P

who is loest and rothem, and are they good or bad?

what did loest save, cause the card say he is the savior.

how did the shadow world connect to the human world?

how many shadow world are there?

who is the man of shadows?

how many country are there in balor, what are their names?
    Last edited by azx634; 01-05-2014 at 11:17 PM.