Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    May I need to remind you of your guild forum sig xD?

Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    I see why Portal is the best with Majiya, but that does not mean Majiya with portal is the best. Why is Portal Majiya more used than other archetypes, do you know?
    Haste is one of the most powerful abilities in the game.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    I see why Portal is the best with Majiya, but that does not mean Majiya with portal is the best. Why is Portal Majiya more used than other archetypes, do you know?
    Because it allows a two pronged attack. You can go a traditional route, early allies then burn, or you can use Portal, and you can switch up at a moments notice. I think Portal Maj is more popular than non-Portal simply because of the flexibility of the build.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    IMO the other reason portal maj is popular is because she's a shadow hero and has access to some fatties and heavy hitters like scourge colossus and shadow knight, brutal Minotaur...etc. whereas gravebone could work with portal but after portal stopped working with GB's shadow ability the popularity of GB portal decks plummeted. You can get elad to work with portal but most people would rather have a more condensed elad with direct burn and rush allies. Just my two cents.
    IGN: greybirdx

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Because it allows a two pronged attack. You can go a traditional route, early allies then burn, or you can use Portal, and you can switch up at a moments notice. I think Portal Maj is more popular than non-Portal simply because of the flexibility of the build.
    So basically, people rarely expect a Majiya build to NOT have a portal? Hmm...There's got to be something to it...I'll work on that!
    No animals were harmed in the making of this sig... I tried, but that damn monkey was way too fast.

IGN: Disturbed Animal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i faced a few majiyas/gb with portal and there is a way to shutting it down easily. That card is called Braxnorian Soldier. Just having one or 2 of these in case of facing hasted ennemies have won me some games.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by xlemor View Post
    i faced a few majiyas/gb with portal and there is a way to shutting it down easily. That card is called Braxnorian Soldier. Just having one or 2 of these in case of facing hasted ennemies have won me some games.
    Sure he's annoying, but late game you can shut him down with ability + Lightning Strike and still have room for hasted allies. But he is great tech when facing Portal builds obviously.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Sure he's annoying, but late game you can shut him down with ability + Lightning Strike and still have room for hasted allies. But he is great tech when facing Portal builds obviously.
    Unless you do what i did wich is using him along with a aeon, its just to give you enough time to deal with the upcoming allies that will be summoned.
    He also do wonders vs Lightning Hunters.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by xlemor View Post
    Unless you do what i did wich is using him along with a aeon, its just to give you enough time to deal with the upcoming allies that will be summoned.
    He also do wonders vs Lightning Hunters.
    Opponent must have gotten a bad draw then.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Peithoson View Post
    Opponent must have gotten a bad draw then.
    Ill say. To drop both simultaneously would mean turn 11 at the earliest (turn 9 if you had Jeweler's Dream out). If you weren't in burn kill range by then I'd say the Majiya player was unlucky or inexperienced in the extreme.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    or you had a aeon already out and her answer is portal and summon allies cause you already have the control of the board.
    if you already have a jasmine out and a aeon you can totally hold up to the first wave of summoned allies thru the portal, there wont be a second one with the braxnorian summoned in the next turn. Its just something i pulled off that saved my ass