I skip
    He plays Brigette

I play Pack Wolf
    He plays Cleric of Irum

I play Pack Wolf and kill Brigette
    He attacks me with CoI and plays Aldon

I play Thaddeus and kill both Aldon and CoI
    He quits.

In my not so humble opinion, I had all ready won this match when he quit. I played long enough to dispatch 3 of his allies. Yet when he bails because his situation had grown dire I get no credit for winning. No gold. No rating.

And I think it's BULLSHIT. Pardon my French. But, why shouldn't I be credited with a win for that battle? Look I don't even care about the rating, but, I'm playing matches to earn gold to buy cards. That's the reason I'm playing this game right now and it's EXTREMELY frustrating to spend my time and energy playing to the point of victory and to have my reward whisked away by a flawed system.

Could someone tell me please just what expoit the folks at Wulven are tying to avoid by having this system in place? Because I can't see how even if you won the match after one turn how folks could use that as an expoit. How would you get the person on the other end of a random matchup to repeatedly agree to quit after one turn? It's not feasible.

Please fix this situation Wulven. Please. It drives me nuts. At least give me the Gold. You can keep the ratings as far as I care.

Please.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As you climb further in the rankings, it takes longer to find opponents. As a result, if you have two accounts, it is highly probable that if you send both into a random quick match at the same time, they will be matched against each other. You can then have one of the accounts quit after the first turn every match. If the winning account received their rewards, they would be able to rapidly climb the ratings. People have done this before to climb the ladder.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is it possible to create a non-ladder area where you could earn gold but not ratings?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    As you climb further in the rankings, it takes longer to find opponents. As a result, if you have two accounts, it is highly probable that if you send both into a random quick match at the same time, they will be matched against each other. You can then have one of the accounts quit after the first turn every match. If the winning account received their rewards, they would be able to rapidly climb the ratings. People have done this before to climb the ladder.
    Cheating much??

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jackabox View Post
    Cheating much??
    What's that supposed to infer? Warr Byrd is explaining why the current system is in place and what could happen if it was removed (and what has happened before even with the current system). He's not saying that's what he does. Please read people's posts accurately before making such comments.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My point is that they system they've adopted to hinder cheating is so draconian that it's impacting the enjoyment of the game by folks who aren't bending the rules. Surely there must be a solution that can stop exploitation while at the same time giving us lowly folks the rewards we have earned.

I think the easiest solution would be to just have the AI take over when someone quits/times out. But, I'm sure there are at least a half dozen solutions better than the current one. Why not discuss some idea here to make the game better for all?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I didn't mean HE was cheating just saying its cheating.... Plus that wouldn't work unless there were around the same rating right?
    It is cheating and that's why they've put this system in place to somewhat curb that behaviour. Getting two accounts to relatively the same rating is not that hard of an achievement so it's easy enough to do. However, the system does punish those legitimate players who end up playing against other players that give up way too early. The only consolation I can think of is that at higher rating levels, most players are more resilient and won't quit because of a minor setback early on.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ahhh okay sorry I read his comment as that's what happens :s but you have to play the first 5 turns? to gain xp and such

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Davis View Post
    My point is that they system they've adopted to hinder cheating is so draconian that it's impacting the enjoyment of the game by folks who aren't bending the rules. Surely there must be a solution that can stop exploitation while at the same time giving us lowly folks the rewards we have earned.

I think the easiest solution would be to just have the AI take over when someone quits/times out. But, I'm sure there are at least a half dozen solutions better than the current one. Why not discuss some idea here to make the game better for all?
    I think the AI taking over if the other player quits early on is a good solution so that there are no easy wins. However, I think that should only be in place if the game is going to end too short.

Ahhh okay sorry I read his comment as that's what happens :s but you have to play the first 5 turns? to gain xp and such
    Not sure about the 5 turns. I think it depends on the amount of action that has taken place (i.e cards cast, heroes ability used, etc.).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    last i heard the cap was 5 turns each player. It may have changed since that version though