Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Conversion to cost 1?

I entirely disagree with changing this card to cost 1. In my opinion, it's deckable at 2. 1 would likely make it too good. Elementalis decks would really, really be a pain in the ass with this change.

Elementals have been my favourite class for awhile now because I like their class Ability cards the most--partly because I think they're the most beneficial. And so, my opinion is none of their cards really need to get empowered.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree what is the argument for the change? Unless it is to do with balance with future cards..
    Must insert something witty here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's not usable at 2. You know why it's easy to tell? Cos nobody plays it.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It becomes quite powerful in zaladar decks if that MC changes remains.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethal View Post
    It becomes quite powerful in zaladar decks if that MC changes remains.
    That's MC's main use now; steal an ally to sacrifice it. Whether that's still too powerful or not within the confines of SE remains to be seen. If it is too powerful, the problem is still Mind Control, not Conversion.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Main use for elementalis. Zaladar can't sac it innately. This will allow zal to take an ally and force the opponent to kill the MCed ally just like now. Or it may attack and then get sacced even in a zal deck. Because of the synery with the possible change to MC it will see play. It doesn't see play one because MC doesnt need it to function.

Agreed that MC is the problem. But conversion doesn't see play because only two heroes can use it, one that has a better ability innately. The other has no reason to run it atm. If that MC change goes through this will end up in many zal decks even at 2 resources.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Calmdown Well, we'll just disagree on whether it's useable at 2 or not. I decked in my Zaladar deck in v1.23. The deck had Brutalis and Life Infusion, people leave him alone and especially with Life Infusion and then I use Conversion for 9 life, when I need to. 3 cards, 6 resource, 9 life. But Life Infusion synergies well with other cards and Conversion can be useful against debilitated allies. Back when Rabid Bite didn't have a duration, Conversion had an essential role in Elemental decks. Also, you can't go willy-nilly and nerf or empower stuff simply because a card is decked too much or decked too little. Balance is the key, not how many newbies play what card.