Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Why isn't Morphic Armor considered OP?

It's basically an auto include armor for any elemental deck with literally no downside whatsoever in any game where attachments are relavent, which would be... every single matchup in the game. And if by some weird chance there are no enemy attachments and you've brought none of your own to reaarrange on the field, it still provides good enough protection to wear it when you draw it from your deck.

I feel like Morphic Armor should deal 3 damage to its wearer whenever you put it on similiarly to how that cost 7 heroe armor deals 5 damage when it's destroyed which without that it would be an auto include for every warrior. Right now Morphic Armor is just the armor that elemental heroes will always bring forever , as long as there is no power creep.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Please stop...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Def not OP... keep spare attachment... expect it to be played. Don't think its ever caused me to lose.
    IGN: TJ Rated GG

currently playing:
    GG's Lance - The Diplomat

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First off, moving an attachment costs 3SE. That right there is a major disadvantage, especially for Zaladar decks which tend to rely on using their ability frequently to maintain board control.

Second, attachments (especially ally attachments) are generally weak in any card game, because a single card from your opponent can remove both the attachment and whatever it was attached to. As a side effect of this, there are very few competitive decks that absolutely require a certain attachment to be in play. The closest are Warrior Rush and Blood Frenzy and Millstalker and Lone Wolf, but both of those have enough other options that they can generally manage for a couple of turns until they draw their next copy.

Third, there are so many ways to counter Morphic Armor. First off, you should be playing more than one copy of the attachment they stole, and they won't be able to steal it again if they already stole it once. It's an armor, so you can destroy it by attacking. If you can't do that, you probably would have lost no matter what armor they played, or even if they didn't play an armor. You can destroy the armor with item destruction. You can destroy the attachments with Sever Ties and similar cards. There are other options depending on what type of attachment it is, and it would take too long to go through all of them.

Def not OP.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Warr...you said it best

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If there are so many OP cards, then none of them is OP...
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Index View Post
    If there are so many OP cards, then none of them is OP...
    Except the ones that are really OP like Fire Snake or Katrin the Shieldmaiden

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    First off, moving an attachment costs 3SE. That right there is a major disadvantage, especially for Zaladar decks which tend to rely on using their ability frequently to maintain board control.

Second, attachments (especially ally attachments) are generally weak in any card game, because a single card from your opponent can remove both the attachment and whatever it was attached to. As a side effect of this, there are very few competitive decks that absolutely require a certain attachment to be in play. The closest are Warrior Rush and Blood Frenzy and Millstalker and Lone Wolf, but both of those have enough other options that they can generally manage for a couple of turns until they draw their next copy.

Third, there are so many ways to counter Morphic Armor. First off, you should be playing more than one copy of the attachment they stole, and they won't be able to steal it again if they already stole it once. It's an armor, so you can destroy it by attacking. If you can't do that, you probably would have lost no matter what armor they played, or even if they didn't play an armor. You can destroy the armor with item destruction. You can destroy the attachments with Sever Ties and similar cards. There are other options depending on what type of attachment it is, and it would take too long to go through all of them.

Def not OP.
    Get'em!

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles View Post
    It's basically an auto include armor for any elemental deck with literally no downside whatsoever in any game where attachments are relavent, which would be... every single matchup in the game. And if by some weird chance there are no enemy attachments and you've brought none of your own to reaarrange on the field, it still provides good enough protection to wear it when you draw it from your deck.

I feel like Morphic Armor should deal 3 damage to its wearer whenever you put it on similiarly to how that cost 7 heroe armor deals 5 damage when it's destroyed which without that it would be an auto include for every warrior. Right now Morphic Armor is just the armor that elemental heroes will always bring forever , as long as there is no power creep.

If Morphic is OP, then insert 4 in your deck. LOL.

your opponent's attachment-free deck will be so so so so happy.

And the War Byrd also got it all down.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First of all, there is more than one type of OP. There is the OP that is BROKEN and just dominates everything. Then there is the OP where a certain card overshadows others and has a much lesser risk/reward ratio than usual. Unlike cards such as Ogloth, who yes, can nearly instantly win you a game in 5% of circumstances, but be completely ineffective in 85% of others (the rest falling somewhere inbetween). There is a large risk associated with playing a huge card like that because not only is there a big odds of failure but also a fair odds of backfire due to cards such as Rabid Bite or Mind Control.

On the other hand you have Morphic Armor, which I never claimed to be the invincible armor. I mean that unlike Ogloth, it has no risk of complete and critical failure. There is ZERO chance of it ever backfiring. As long as you use it in a logical manner, here is a card with an ability that rivals Jericho's hero power, that will never ever fail you in the same way that Ogloth or even good ole Fireball will (vs Spellbreaker armor for example). And I think that on the scale of risk/reward Morphic Armor is on the extreme end of all reward with no risk. You may say, that Ankle Breaker and some of the frozen weapons are also really good. Yes, but unlike Morphic Armor, Ankle Breaker ,Dagger of Disintegration, the armor that kills the entire field after a certain amount of turns, UNLIKE THOSE, Morphic Armor only needs to be valid for a SINGLE TURN. Ankle breaker may be considered a complete failed play if it is dealt with after it was only used to attack with 1 time. Usually you don your Morphic Armor on the turn that you intend to use it to affect a certain key attachment, and that one turn is usually all you need. So what if it's broken afterward, you've done what you wanted with it!

You also try to make a joke about "well bring 4 if it's so OP". That's part of the reason WHY it may be OP. Because in order for Ankle Breaker to do it's magic you probably want 3-4. But with Morphic Armor, you would never ever need more than 2. It is so good and soo effective with only bringing 2 copies! You are not compromising it's potential to perform by bringing 2 instead of 4. Why not? Becasue of the nature of attachments. They are not the same as allies. They don't have HP. You can just target them and boom, poof, done. 1 turn, works everytimes.

And I'm not a top player but when I was around the 250 rating (before testing out stuff for fun) Morphic Armor won me a LOT of games when I played Aggro Elementalis or Control Zaladar. I just build my entire deck around the idea of pump up my allies so that they have to disable them, I let them sit disabled for a few turns, then BOOM, at the right moment, I reverse their disable and win. It happened so many times in the exact same way. If I put a cool attachment on a creature with 10 hp you're gonna crippling blow or something to him of course (probably feeling pretty smug about it in the process). It's so predicatble, you're not going ot actually hit him for all 10 hp are you?