Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Disconnecting from server(?)

I know that Jasmin Project problems are well known by now, but I didn't see anyone mentioning this detail. Every time I start a game I get Disconecting from server message instead of usual: Waiting for players or Contacting Server or Error Contacting Server. If I hit cancel I can see in game history that game has started. If not after a while Quit Timer appears behind message box. IGN: MrTesla. Chrome browser on Windows 7.

Reason: I am using proxy with my connection.

Solution not implemented yet:

Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    News on the fallback HTTP-based mechanism:

It's been tested and works, but needs to be included in all clients at the same time and requires a server restart.

All but iOS can be released by us and appear same day, so we're stalled on the iOS one. Could be any day now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Thanks for the bump. I was obviously wrong when I said that back whenever it was. I don't know why it hasn't been enabled yet, but I will keep prodding Kyle for it because I know this is a serious issue for some people.
    Last edited by Veles; 02-02-2014 at 02:23 AM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have exactly the same issue. Since Jasmine I just can't play at all...

After I discovered the bug with Chrome, I have tried Internet Explorer and Mozilla... Nothing works, it's a real pain. I am also on Windows 7.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm on Windows 8 and still have the same problem with all of them(browsers)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For people without a * next to their name and have never been able to play a game:
    It's a different kind of connection to the Jasmine server, so you might be experiencing firewall issues. If you can, try to open up port 9933

We recently fixed a problem with * players. I have tested on chrome in mac and win7 so it's not a browser issue.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    For people without a * next to their name and have never been able to play a game:
    It's a different kind of connection to the Jasmine server, so you might be experiencing firewall issues. If you can, try to open up port 9933

We recently fixed a problem with * players. I have tested on chrome in mac and win7 so it's not a browser issue.
    I tried it. It didn't work sadly. Nothing changed. I would say it is because proxy that my network is using, but than if that's the cause I shouldn't be able to use other features of the game as well.

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Unfortunately I can not change the firewall settings since I am playing at work when I have time for it. Before it worked fine, so now I am screwed with your new servers?... We are probably not the only ones in this situation. Imagine also that new players will be blocked this way. So you will eventually lose both some players and money if this persists.

PS: I can connect/login to the game, buy/sell cards, the issue only appears when I launch a quick challenge or create a new game... then I get stuck, get an error and then a lose... which is very frustrating...
    Last edited by nicoladastra; 09-26-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't worry, there's still hope! Today I'll be experimenting with the http tunnel fallback, in layman's terms that means if you can't connect to the server because of firewall issues, then it will fallback to the old method (but still on Jasmine) and you shouldn't notice the difference...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sounds good, please let us know when it's implemented so that we can test it

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So, how are your tests going, Kyle?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If it helps: Aside from problem defined in op, I can't spectate games that are in progress. I see players and their decks and hero choices, but game doesn't go past sacrifice stage of first turn. However I can watch replays of games that are finished.

― Nikola Tesla