Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

First Portal Majiya :)

Hi, I'm the guy who post his Burn Majiya a couple of days ago but after finding the farm gold deck with elementals
    decided to start a new account and try it.
    3 hours after i had the elemental deck, 100 SC and like 2500 gold ( Thanks Jeromy http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ding*&p=397749 )
    so staying with Majiya that i was familiar with i started a Portal deck.

Currently in Rating 255 I'm running this set up
    Hero 1x Majiya

Allys
    1x Plasma Behemoth
    4x Death Mage Thaddeus
    3x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Shadow Knight
    2x Molten Destroyer
    3x Ironhide Karash

Spells
    2x Fireball
    2x Lightning Strike
    3x Consuming Fear
    2x Supernova

2x Shriek of Vengeance
    2x Ley Line Nexus
    3x Tome of Knowledge
    2x Sacrificial Lamb
    4x Portal
    1x Dagger of Unmaking

Was recently running
    -3 Ironhide Karash
    +1 Plasma Behemoth
    +1 Shriek of Vengeance
    +1 Lightning Strike

Plasma Behemoth: i was thinking of getting rid of the other one entirely, because what makes him good is the Ability and
    on the turn you use it with Portal you don't usually have enough to use it.

Lightning Strike : doesn't convince me either, it overlaps with portal and after using Portal i prefer to use allys not Lightning Strike.

Shriek of Vengeance : not sure about this one either, most dangerous items and weapons are cost 5 or more

Sever Ties : thinking of adding a couple of this ones, a lot of double hero attacks and buff cards

Brutal Minotaur : not sure but I'll maybe try it instead of Plasma Behemoth or Molten Destroyer

Any tips, criticism or advice I'm all ears
    Last edited by Mujics; 09-21-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1. Either get rid of Plasma Behemoth or run a mix deck with 3 - 4x Plasma Behemoth and 3 - 4x Shadow Knight (playing both control style & Portal). Also in pure portal deck, I prefer Brutal Minotaur than Molten Destroyer.

2. 3x Death Mage Thaddeus as he is unique (& Shadow Knight can bring back sometimes) and get 4x Infernal Gargoyle

3. Even with portal, Majiya still rely a lot on spells to both do damage & control the board. Lightning Strike & Portal might overlap, but LS is always useful, yet Portal is totally useless without ally (and it requires fatties to really make a strong impact). Until the resource pile up a bit (where you can portal + summon ally at the same turn), LS is way more useful in hand than Portal.

4. Most dangerous items are 5cc? What about all the common draw engines (Tome, Ill Gotten Gains, Wizent's Staff, Bazaar, Antimatter, Wrath...). And look at Amber and the Wulven duo. You would be so thankful to have Shriek in the deck (in fact, Shriek is 1 of the main pros for playing a shadow deck).
    Last edited by TDH; 09-22-2013 at 05:43 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The most dangerous items is at 4cc and below. They may look harmless but it's there the majority of the draw engine is (ToK, Wizent, IGG etc.). They will then always draw threat and answered into more of them untile they get their +5cc item anyway. Destroying their draw engine will cripple them. Imo Shriek destroys so much and it's arguably the best Shadow card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFerrari View Post
    The most dangerous items is at 4cc and below. They may look harmless but it's there the majority of the draw engine is (ToK, Wizent, IGG etc.). They will then always draw threat and answered into more of them untile they get their +5cc item anyway. Destroying their draw engine will cripple them. Imo Shriek destroys so much and it's arguably the best Shadow card.
    +1 for Shriek of Vengeance, couldn't agree more...but...the trouble with PortalFattyMaj is, as discussed already, her rather high demand for resources (similar to GB), which at the end of the day made me not include Shriek in my build.
    ...another way of dealing with lower-cost items is Scourge Colossus, but you won't be able to play it (through Portal) until t6, so wont help much with Tome of Knowledge, but may well help you get rid of that ever-so-annoying Wizent's Staff

...the main reasoning for Ley Line Nexus and Sever Ties in my Maj is the omnipresence of Warriors and Wulven, at least around my rating, which means i often have to deal with King's Pride / Blood Frenzy and Lone Wolf / Speedstrike
    Last edited by 4Ak; 09-24-2013 at 10:03 AM.
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts