Close

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    There's no proof that you actually are but let's assume you are.

Listening alone doesn't make things happen. I think the biggest problem is that we don't trust you, and it's on you to make us trust you.
    That.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Alright Nachyo, since I respect you and I don't agree with harsh posts I'll try to get the thread back in line with a few suggestions, both for the relations with the community and for the game itself

- give us updates. Regular updates. Don't leave us in the dark.

- improve the website (there are still many pages with the old graphics) and update it as often as you can.

- use correctly the loading screen in game, add hyperlinks to the website and the forum, find a way to make people read what's written there and make them curious to check the website and forum.

- stop giving dates pulled out of who knows where. Just say you're working on this and that.

- but just give us updates on something you're absolutely sure is very high on the priority list.

- if something else comes out that may have a higher priority, please let us know.

- Improve the coding. Improve the coding, improve the coding and improve the coding.

- Improve the GUI. Improve the GUI, improve the GUI and Improve the GUI.

- add new features. Add ne... Ok, I think you got that.

And finally, since I believe it's never enough to say it: release project jasmine with some critical bug fixes already. It's too important.

I do believe that if you (Wulven in general) start to follow these simple points people will start trusting what you say again.

Like Airact said: now It's really only up to you guys. Make words be followed by facts.

Ok, TripleHBK out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NachyoChez View Post
    Absolutely untrue. We, being both the DT and Wulven in general, care a great deal. As Demnchi said constructive criticism, like what was in the original post, helps to hold us accountable and to show what we need to be focusing on the most. Attacks against us, consisting purely of bitterness and spite, have no beneficial effect. We know there are problems, and we are working to push through them. I could promise you guys all day long about what's on the horizon, and those of you who can still be pleased I firmly believe are going to be so glad you've stayed. That said, our strongest asset has always been the community. We want to do right by that community, and while some would lie to you and say we've given up on the game nothing could be further from the truth.

Speaking purely for myself, Shadow Era has pretty much been my life for the past year. Yes, I've gotten married and had a son since I've joined the DT, but I seem to talk more to GDC and Sooth than I do my wife. I play more games with our testers than my kid. I've spent more time in Balor than on Earth. Shadow Era is a labor of love; it's a relationship. As GDC pointed out, sometimes relationships have issues but we are, and will continue to, work on making it better.
    Thank you for this post. From the interactions i've had with the DT over the last year i never got the impression that anything happens (or doesn't happen :P) for a lack of passion and that's the reason why i'm not too concerned about SE's future, despite all the big and little things that could've been or could be done to push things forward. I'm a pretty mechanical player though who doesn't care much about slick PR or UI or new game modes or other fluff as long as the core game is intact.

The underlined gem of a sentence made me laugh out loud btw.
    Last edited by Sisyphos; 09-19-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post

- give us updates. Regular updates. Don't leave us in the dark.
    This especially. Getting a WEEKLY update on stuff would be very much appreciated. Now we get an update when something is done. But when there would be a weekly update, there is actually some pressure to get stuff done, because every week something new has to be shown to the public. Don't get me wrong, I know it's not feasible to do big stuff every week, but even the smallest of things are really appreciated.

A good example is the Hex facebook fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/HexTCG?fref=ts

Pretty every week they're able to show something new, even if it's just a small thing. In these updates you can also post if there won't be an update next week due to holidays or whatever else. That way people are actually involved in the game.

Further, use the Facebook more. Facebook is where a lot of people spend their time. Now if there would be a thing like a code (first you need a system to redeem codes, obviously) that's given out on the facebook page to get 100 crystals, you'll get a lot of fans. Or something like: share this picture. One of the people who shared it gets a foil Karlstrad (and then actually give that guy his Karlstrad on the same day, not 2 weeks after). Or teasers could be posted there. Something like: "We've been working hard on feature 'x'. Make sure to keep eyes on our facebook page to see it when it comes out." People get excited over small stuff like that.

It was promised half a year ago or so that the facebook would be used more. However I see maybe one update (well, a status really, because updates are more scarce than even that) every 4-6 weeks on the facebook. Why would anyway become a fan of the page if nothing happens there?

The facebook page should be used at THE SAME TIME as the forum. People on facebook should see something, a link, an update, and then should go: "Hmm, interesting, better check it on the forum." The facebook should be used as a primary and fastest source of information, while the forum should be the more expansive one, with more info on stuff.

Of course, updates aren't possible to post on Facebook if there aren't any updates in the first place. So it all boils down to Kyle and slow coding again, I guess.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are great ideas in here (well, when we don't devolve to name-calling or random comparisons to relationships). They have very little to do with the actual PRODUCT--we're all here because we love the game and know the DT will continue to create great ideas. Instead, we need to build trust. We need to make progress in ways other than just new cards. We need to focus on the problems that are most concerning about the experience while continuing to add content. We know you've been listening, but have you been doing something about it? Without updates, status reports, and progress, we can't tell.
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by XanteseZerylliom View Post
    There are great ideas in here (well, when we don't devolve to name-calling or random comparisons to relationships). They have very little to do with the actual PRODUCT--we're all here because we love the game and know the DT will continue to create great ideas. Instead, we need to build trust. We need to make progress in ways other than just new cards. We need to focus on the problems that are most concerning about the experience while continuing to add content. We know you've been listening, but have you been doing something about it? Without updates, status reports, and progress, we can't tell.
    Hmm? Doesn't it almost all have to do with the actual product? The fact that the game is lagging behind badly. The fact that most facebook only games are becoming more advanced than this game?
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

plo
    Quote Originally Posted by Wtzky View Post
    Yeh, MMDOC will be spoiling their FOURTH set this Friday. 4 sets in less time than it took Wulven to do 1. Seriously puts Wulven to shame. Even Solforge seems to keep to their timelines and is doing a decent job at getting into the tcg market.
    I don't think releasing new sets so quickly is a good thing. I myself prefer quality over quantity and would much rather have a balanced game with 350 cards rather than an unbalanced game with 4000 cards.

If the objective of tcgs were only to release new cards then they could make lots of unbalanced cards without even testing them and find a art that's fine for them.

If we think of things this way then SE's balance puts M&M DoC to shame.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I want to be clear, which often means stating the obvious: I cannot speak for everyone on the DT and at Wulven with this post. I'm speaking for myself and myself alone here.

I personally have been interacting less with the community than I'd like over the past months; mostly because I can be a little trollish if I don't pay attention to my manners and that can reflect badly on the company. I cannot control the vast majority of the posts above, but I can make two promises.

The first is that the people who can do something about those things are already looking into options for improvement. Yes, thought without action is pointless, but as GDC tried to say in another thread, action with proper thought is just as dangerous for all of us. A gameplan is being created to address most, if not all, of the issues regarding communication.

The second thing I can promise is that I personally am going to try to be better. I was once an active part of this community, and it has broken my heart to watch new players get attacked just for supporting the game. It has saddened me to watch so many of you, my friends. become bitter with a game I know you love as much as I do. So I'm going to be more visible, posting more and jumping on IRC when I actually have a moment for chatter. I'll probably even troll many of you because I fail at self control.

I know sometimes all someone needs to do is to vent, rage, and know someone heard you. My PM box is open and checked every day. If you just need to shout it out, hit me up. I'm just as likely to shout back, but you'll know you were heard.

Lastly...

Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphos View Post
    The underlined gem of a sentence made me laugh out loud btw.
    The worst part is I can't be sure it was a joke :-(

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NachyoChez View Post
    Absolutely untrue. We, being both the DT and Wulven in general, care a great deal. As Demnchi said constructive criticism, like what was in the original post, helps to hold us accountable and to show what we need to be focusing on the most. Attacks against us, consisting purely of bitterness and spite, have no beneficial effect. We know there are problems, and we are working to push through them. I could promise you guys all day long about what's on the horizon, and those of you who can still be pleased I firmly believe are going to be so glad you've stayed. That said, our strongest asset has always been the community. We want to do right by that community, and while some would lie to you and say we've given up on the game nothing could be further from the truth.

Speaking purely for myself, Shadow Era has pretty much been my life for the past year. Yes, I've gotten married and had a son since I've joined the DT, but I seem to talk more to GDC and Sooth than I do my wife. I play more games with our testers than my kid. I've spent more time in Balor than on Earth. Shadow Era is a labor of love; it's a relationship. As GDC pointed out, sometimes relationships have issues but we are, and will continue to, work on making it better.
    Son, after working so many years in customer tech support, I can always easily spot when I'm being bullshitted.

I don't doubt your good intentions, it's your lack of progress, easily made big promises and lack of transparency that I'm having a problem with. No matter how you cut it, your work is disproportional with the popularity of this game. Your management should know a whole lot better than to make empty promises and keeping customers in the dark never worked for anyone not called Apple.

Bottom line is that you end up looking like a incompetent bunch who is in this just to make a quick buck off the stream of new players. I'm not saying that's how it is, I'm saying that's how it looks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by morbius View Post
    Son, after working so many years in customer tech support, I can always easily spot when I'm being bullshitted.
    lmfao (same work background)

+1 also to the rest of your words
    A1 Icebear: A1's Glacial Claws of Fury

A1 Evolution in Theory

check out SE Toolbox, deck building & analyzing & probability calculations all in one tool:
    video
    download