Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Need help with my Jericho

Hi,

So I just started playing a priest deck and I've had pretty much difficulties
    trying to get it rolling. Here's my list as it is at the moment:

**Hero**
    1x Jericho Spellbane

**Allies (15)**
    3x Aldon the Brave
    2x Aeon Stormcaller
    3x Layarian Seductress
    3x Champion of Irum
    2x Knight of the Golden Dawn
    2x Elizabeth Winterborn

**Abilities (19)**
    2x Tidal Wave
    3x Focused Prayer
    2x Inner Strenght
    4x Retreat
    2x Divine Connection
    2x Lingering Essence
    2x Treasured Heirloom
    2x A Legend Rises

**Items (6)**
    2x King's Pride
    4x Wizent's Staff

Total of 40 cards + hero

The thing is I haven't won any of my matches with this deck (7-9 matches) and I've dropped down to 70
    rating (down from 175) and still no luck, so I'm open for suggestions as it clearly indicates something is
    horribly wrong with this list.. I've been thinking it's the lack of focus and trying to do too much with 40 cards
    but I dnt know where to start fixing. I've toyed around with ideas around divine connection and lingering essence with Jericho
    and I'd like to make it work somehow. It can make for example a nice drawing mechanic with treasured heirloom.
    Also having attachments recycled with Lingering Essence on is pretty fun. I'd fancy this kind of synergy with the abilities.

The ally section is pretty basic for a priest deck imo, but surely it can be polished in some way too?
    I also think I need more allies but I'm not really sure what to get..

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, with all those enchantments Radiant Wisp might help.

But, frankly, I'm not sure when you can't win any matches. I don't see anything horribly wrong that would suggest such a poor record. Could you identify what area you are struggling with in particular?

And I'm not 100% sure that Tidal Wave is right for EVERY priest deck. Just playing Priest gives you a little voice in the back of your opponents head that they probably shouldn't play that 3rd creature. Or maybe that 2nd. You might get some of the benefit of Tidal Wave even if you don't have one in your deck.

And if you don't have Tidal Wave then Banish seems like a far superior option to Retreat.

I'd probably also run some Sandworms if I wasn't planning on playing Tidal Wave. With all those enchantments you'd have one hell of a tough creature for your opponent to deal with.

So, kind of useless advice, but, if you can't beat anyone anyway maybe try something like...

-2 Tidal Wave
    -4 Retreat
    -2 Kings Pride
    -2 Aeon

+4 Banish
    +3 Radiant Wisp
    +3 Armored Sandworm

That would up your creature count by 4 and not really change the focus of your deck which is the toying with attachments. I'd try working hard to counter your opponents card draw engines, using your focused Prayers and Hero Ability in preference to those instead of saving them for anything else. Try outdrawing your opponent and wear them down with hard to kill creatures.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lessee here...

-The first thing that jumps out at me is that neither Tidal Wave nor Focused Prayer are at four copies. These cards are the pride (besides KP) and joy of the Priests, if you don't make full use of 'em, you might as well use a different hero type.
    -Lingering Essence is nice, since it lets Jericho heal himself as well as Zhanna and charge his ability as fast as Zhanna's, but I feel you have too few allies to make good use of the ally attachments. I'd bump Champion up to 4x, and either do the same to Aldon and Seductress or add 2x of another 3cc ally.
    -The +2 attack is nice, but I'm not sure if Legend Rises is very useful for Jericho; the surprise factor it has in being able to bring a crippled ally back into the game is lessened when you could do the same thing with Jericho's ability. Personally, I'd replace them with Sacred Fire Walkers and leave the +2 attack boost to Inmer Strength. 'Course, I haven't played an attachment-heavy deck yet, so I can't say for sure.

That's all I got, hope this helps.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Davis View Post
    Well, with all those enchantments Radiant Wisp might help.

But, frankly, I'm not sure when you can't win any matches. I don't see anything horribly wrong that would suggest such a poor record. Could you identify what area you are struggling with in particular?

And I'm not 100% sure that Tidal Wave is right for EVERY priest deck. Just playing Priest gives you a little voice in the back of your opponents head that they probably shouldn't play that 3rd creature. Or maybe that 2nd. You might get some of the benefit of Tidal Wave even if you don't have one in your deck.

And if you don't have Tidal Wave then Banish seems like a far superior option to Retreat.

I'd probably also run some Sandworms if I wasn't planning on playing Tidal Wave. With all those enchantments you'd have one hell of a tough creature for your opponent to deal with.

So, kind of useless advice, but, if you can't beat anyone anyway maybe try something like...

-2 Tidal Wave
    -4 Retreat
    -2 Kings Pride
    -2 Aeon

+4 Banish
    +3 Radiant Wisp
    +3 Armored Sandworm

That would up your creature count by 4 and not really change the focus of your deck which is the toying with attachments. I'd try working hard to counter your opponents card draw engines, using your focused Prayers and Hero Ability in preference to those instead of saving them for anything else. Try outdrawing your opponent and wear them down with hard to kill creatures.
    Thanks, I'll try that out.

My main problem in games is to gain board control. Somehow I always end up being the reactive player and cant somehow turn the tables.
    I've played solo Mages up till now so it MIGHT be a problem of how I approach the situation due to pretty different playstyle, but still I didn't
    think it would lead to this kind of problems. Afterall I've kept keen eye on priests as they're one of the hardest for solo mages..

Also concerning my allies I've been strugling between champion of irum and jasmine's.
    Last edited by Darkonode; 09-16-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It also crossed my mind to try maybe 2 of Good Ascendants as they make the sandworms even tougher to kill, they compensate for not having any heals for elizabeth and heal hero too when knight of the golden dawn is out(?)