Close

View Poll Results: Which team did best on the task that was set?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nocturnal Advantage

31 46.97%
  • Random Heroes

26 39.39%
  • They both did awesome, so I can't pick a winner

9 13.64%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Wulven Apprentice - Task 5 - Voting and Results

Hey Wulven Apprentice fans!

With four candidates now gone, our remaining six started work on their fifth task a couple of weeks ago, and I am now very pleased to reveal what their task was and share what they produced with you.

Task 5 Details

Task: With Shadow Era Radio as a rough guide, record a podcast for the Shadow Era community, which will be judged based on entertainment/infotainment. Note that unlike Shadow Era Radio tends to do, you can't ask the public for what they want to hear on the podcasts because it's intended to be a surprise for them.

Duration: Aim for 60 mins, but you can go above 1hr if you think you have too much great content that you don't want to edit down further.

Content: Plan out some interesting topics to talk about. Think about what you would say when asked "Tell the Wulven Apprentice listeners about yourself. Why should you win? How the tasks have gone". I envision it as being half content that you have come up with and half a way to showcase you (as people) to the voters. You can have special guests if you want, but only from Wulven, since no one else is meant to know about it.

Winning Team: A public poll will decide 80% of the outcome, Wulven judges will decide 20%.

Task 5 Submissions

It's my pleasure to now share their podcasts, as MP3, which you can either download (right-click and Save As or stream by following the link) or view on YouTube:

Nocturnal Advantage
    Samuel (Project Manager),
    Caleb, Sean

Nocturnal Advantage Podcast as MP3
    http://youtu.be/sfk0Igph7YQ

Random Heroes
    Tomm (Project Manager),
    Shawn, Steven

Random Heroes Podcast as MP3
    http://youtu.be/NSJzltEcK-4

While these are not official Wulven podcasts, there's a lot of exclusive official info in there via interviews with us folks from Wulven, so be sure to listen to them both to hear never-before-revealed stuff!

Task 5 Results?

The winning team will be determined 80% by public poll, which opens in about 24 hours from the time of this post, and 20% by judges at Wulven. The judging should ideally be done based on the task that was assigned, but if you wish to use other criteria to choose your favorite then that's your call.

Voting will be open
    Monday 11am GMT to Thursday 9pm GMT

(Tapatalk users will need to visit the forum website to vote in the poll.)

Please feel free to use this thread to discuss any aspect of this task, but note that comments below will not affect the results. You will need to vote to affect the outcome.
    Last edited by Gondorian; 09-09-2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Added YouTube links

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome! I thought that WA was forgotten!

Is there a YouTube version?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    Awesome! I thought that WA was forgotten!

Is there a YouTube version?
    I'll try to sort it out for when voting opens. Is YouTube more mobile-friendly or something?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I'll try to sort it out for when voting opens. Is YouTube more mobile-friendly or something?
    Yes. I believe you tube is more mobile friendly (at least for iOS)
    Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts

"Being strong isn't just about having powers or moves...It is about HEART." - Roronoa Zoro, One Piece

PFG 2 Member "You idealize, we criticize."
    1st Singapore Meltdown Physical Tournament Winner

IGN: Berdugo ETC
    Profession: Alien Hunter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello everybody, I am John Champion and with me here is Jim Beglin
    Knight of the Dragon Order
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix (click)
    Greatness, Reborn

My current achievements:Achievements
    PFG3 Member

FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
    https://twitter.com/meeeklosh
    https://www.twitch.tv/meeklosh
    https://www.youtube.com/user/milosradojevicvp/videos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can't wait to listen to these....

(After listening to these)

Both teams did well. And I listened to the whole podcast from each team.
    I love listening to podcasts and stuff since I listen to them when I do stuff or drive.

There are a lot of factors that I considered for my vote. These factors include organization, audio quality, interview skills, material and, last but not the least, host personalities.

Nocturnal Advantage
    - organization: I liked the rundown in the beginning and just a breakdown of what the podcasts will bring. More like a table of contents.
    - Hosts: some of you guys seemed like you weren't as excited or as engaging to your interviewees.but overall its nice to see a background or place a personality behind these forum names.
    - Some transitions of interviews seemed like you just cut them off in the middle of sentence.
    - interviews: Kyle, GDC, and Nacho. I like the fact that you guys were able to get Kyle. I wished there were just more.
    - Audio quality: The main host obviously had the best audio quality. Unfortunately, this goes down with your equipment. Overall, fair job
    - Notes: Some jokes were inappropriate for some audience. There were some moments where there is approximately 3 secs of dead air.

Random Heroes
    -Organization: there was a brief rundown. And simple intro to each interview/segments
    -Host: I like you guys. It was nice to know a little bit background and reasons why you guys joined. You guys sounded like you were having fun doing this.
    -transitions: cute sound. But I think the shadow era main sound from the intro would have been more appropriate instead of the sound you guys used. It sounded like a "joke" transition.
    -interviews: GDC and Nacho. I really liked the interview with nacho. I feel like you guys tried to squeeze as much info. It actually make me interested in the lore. =]
    -audio quality: the interviews and sound quality are pretty clear. And it sounded like the SE radio that the DT does occasionally
    -Notes: good job guys. There were some times where I feel like its just 'go with the flow' type of podcast. You guys didnt get Kyle -_- SMH.

Overall both teams did a good job I suggest that Wulven hires them all and make the podcasts a monthly thing.
    Last edited by Jo3yb0i; 09-09-2013 at 09:30 PM.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

plo
    Wouldn't it be good if you sorted out the parts in each podcast, like for example:

14:30 to 18:20 > interview with Kyle.
    37:00 to 60:00 > talk about the meta.

Both are too long and many of the people are going to watch only a part of each. And it's not so easy to go on searching for the part you want.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just finished listening to the Random Heroes Podcast!

I loved it! Great people to interview. Great people podcasting. Simply beautiful.

Can't wait for more on the lore

I'm also surprised that you guys don't see much Amber, except for Shawn :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    The Dropbox link works well for IOS as well and is much better than YouTube.

I thought it was an MP3 download, so...

DropBox works awesomely.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes YouTube would be more accessible to all platform users, I'm not even sure how to download a pod cast on this lil ole iPad, or if I want to.
    However a link , that I could just click and viola , I'm watching/ listening to the event.
    Marketing 101 again guys, " make your product as accessible and easy to get as possible"
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread