Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Problem of build a Baduruu Deck

Hi all,

i am a new hunter deck player, and i planning to build a Baduruu deck.

i think that, hunter have not enough "very good" card for draw cards. I don't know how to solve this problem.

My planning cards list:

Hero:
    Baduruu

Allies:
    Infernal Gargoyle x4
    Death Mage Thaddeus x3
    Furrion Terror x4

Item:
    Grundler's Double x4
    Soul Seeker x4
    Snare Trap x3
    Death Trap x3

Ability:
    Bad Santa x3
    Poison Arrow x4
    Ley Line Nexus x2
    Sever Ties x2
    The Perfect Shot x4

40cards + 1 Hero

Please give me some suggestion for help a new hunter deck player.

Thank you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm how about Wulven Tracker, Wrath of the Forest, Pride of the Mountain, Aldmor Conduit?
    And maybe Word of the Prophet for shuffling the deck for other cards?
    Last edited by Irell; 09-06-2013 at 06:03 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's true, Hunters don't have very good draw compared to, say, Warriors or Priests. However, Baduruu still has the potential to draw 2-3 cards each turn.

Baduruu's best draw comes from Grundler's Double, because he can usually play an ally at the same time guaranteeing at least one extra card, and because he can do a lot with just one bow and one ally, along with Poison Arrows and Perfect Shots. Another option is to use either Wrath of the Forest, Pride of the Mountain, or both. I'm more inclined to go with the Pride because of his free bows, and because your deck doesn't seem to have very many allies, but it's up to you.

On the other hand, you might fare better draw-wise with a resource destruction-Baduruu. Almost every time I see one play, they have a near-full hand at the start of most turns with the help of Here Be Monsters and other things.

Hope this helps, good luck with your deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why so few allies and so many traps?
    Shadow Era, ETC

Evolve Through Cooperation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwei View Post
    Why so few allies and so many traps?
    i will attack with my bow x8.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i am testing this deck now.
    Win 5, lose 1
    reason of lose : Grundler's Double x4 & Soul Seekericon x4, 6 of them havn't come out when my deck left 8 cards only

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunatic View Post
    It's true, Hunters don't have very good draw compared to, say, Warriors or Priests. However, Baduruu still has the potential to draw 2-3 cards each turn.

Baduruu's best draw comes from Grundler's Double, because he can usually play an ally at the same time guaranteeing at least one extra card, and because he can do a lot with just one bow and one ally, along with Poison Arrows and Perfect Shots. Another option is to use either Wrath of the Forest, Pride of the Mountain, or both. I'm more inclined to go with the Pride because of his free bows, and because your deck doesn't seem to have very many allies, but it's up to you.

On the other hand, you might fare better draw-wise with a resource destruction-Baduruu. Almost every time I see one play, they have a near-full hand at the start of most turns with the help of Here Be Monsters and other things.

Hope this helps, good luck with your deck.
    Thank for your suggestion, i added 3x Here Be Monsters in my deck, it is very useful.

Do you think Night Prowler is better than Pride of the Mountain in my deck??

sorry for too many question.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Irell View Post
    Hmm how about Wulven Tracker, Wrath of the Forest, Pride of the Mountain, Aldmor Conduit?
    And maybe Word of the Prophet for shuffling the deck for other cards?
    My deck idea:

Kill all of the enemy allies first, than attack when a chance is comming.....

If enemy is attack by ability. I think that my Bow will be better, because i can attack many times with one bow.

If enemy is attack by weapon, I think that, hunter's weapon is the best.

In my deck, all the allies are help me to draw card with Grundler's Double and help me to kill enemy allies only , so i have not enough allies for play Wrath of the Forest and no way to protect Wulven Tracker to do dmg for draw cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by lok1984 View Post
    Thank for your suggestion, i added 3x Here Be Monsters in my deck, it is very useful.

Do you think Night Prowler is better than Pride of the Mountain in my deck??

sorry for too many question.
    Sorry for hijacking the question, I just want to provide my own opinion - Night Prowler is quite useful together with Resource Destruction against heroes that play a lot of high cost allies/spells, because they are usually too busy trying to get to 5 or 6 resources. They will usually end up with only 1 or 2 cards left in their hand when you've run all your RD, then you can steal their precious item destruction/super ally with Night Prowler when you get to 5 resources before they do.
    Wanderer of Worlds
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP NickOh
    IRC: [BP]nickoh

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by nickhono View Post
    Sorry for hijacking the question, I just want to provide my own opinion - Night Prowler is quite useful together with Resource Destruction against heroes that play a lot of high cost allies/spells, because they are usually too busy trying to get to 5 or 6 resources. They will usually end up with only 1 or 2 cards left in their hand when you've run all your RD, then you can steal their precious item destruction/super ally with Night Prowler when you get to 5 resources before they do.

i have a very very funny idea after i saw your reply.

Main
    cobraskin wraps x4 <-----
    Here Be Monsters x4 <-----

Item:
    Night Prowler x4
    Grundler's Double x4
    Soul Seeker x4

Snare Trap x4

Ability:
    Poison Arrow x4

Allies
    Ironhide karush x4
    Infernal Gargoyleicon x4
    Death Mage Thaddeusicon x3

I think it will be funny for play, but it is not a stable deck.