Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

just trying somethin new-ter adun

hello everyone! i decided to go a different direction, try out a new hero AND deck. so my choice-ter adun. i really don't see him around much, probably bec his ability is situational that it tends to be useless at times. AND BESIDES I GOT A FOIL COPY OF HIM LOL

the draft:
    hero: ter adun
    4 infernal gargoyle
    3 plasma behemoth
    3 death mage thaddeus
    3 wulven tracker
    3 war banner
    2 ironhide karash
    2 braxnorian veteran
    2 smashing blow
    1 enrage
    4 crippling blow
    4 blood frenzy
    2 sever ties
    2 arthyle's crypt
    3 punisher gauntlets

the deck is more of a mid-range type. i chose allies that for me would be at first primarily difficult to kill since they have large bodies, and second, abilities rather similar with one another.

gargoyle and karash are early drops and are difficult to kill both offensively and defensively and also serve to soften larger allies for easy kill

dmt and behemoth are both pokers that go beneath crippling blowm rain delay, snow sapphire and other sorts of armor

wulven tracker is an extra draw behind that large body

braxnorian veteran-another beefy ally, to bring back crippling blows if needed

smashing blow-wait-don't react, even if ter's ability does the same thing, this card has its uses-ter's ability pops an ankle breaker and serena lays down another, amber using weapon after weapon...

i decided to see if arthyles crypt would be worth it, as well as punisher gauntlets, as a means to expend unused and un-needed shadow energy

and the staples-blood frenzy, crippling blow, enrage (although im having doubts about adding it-we'll see later on)

sever ties-take primarily for opposing warriors with enrage, rampage, or blood frenzy
    since the ter adun's ability is situational, punisher gauntlets are added for a way to expend accumulated shadow energy

war banner-just testing it out. do i need it? most of my allies are big (body-wise) lol and i'd like to see how the +1 attack boost helps win games if ever

the matches i played-10 to be exact where played on 0904, i noted my first opponent it would be a marker where to start should anyone want to watch.

btw to search the games look up genesisplague

1st match - win vs llruddyll
    took out nishaven mid-range with ease, creatures overwhelmed opponent, wolven tracker turned out to be very useful

2nd match - loss vs
    played against amber. weapons did not pose as threat, rather aeon stormcaller. although crippled, his ability protected other allies on the field, AND granted the key ones +1/+1 - allies gradually accumulated to eventual overrun - conceded match. wolven tracker again proved to be an all star, complementing blood frenzy. need a way to address aeon - need to remove it from board. gauntlets at this point useless in his presence.

-1 gauntlet
    -2 braxnorian veteran
    +3 dragon's tooth

hero: ter adun ver 2.0
    4 infernal gargoyle
    3 plasma behemoth
    3 death mage thaddeus
    3 wulven tracker
    3 war banner
    4 ironhide karash
    3 dragon's tooth
    2 smashing blow
    1 enrage
    4 crippling blow
    4 blood frenzy
    2 sever ties
    2 arthyle's crypt
    2 punisher gauntlets

match 3-loss vs zhanna mist
    dragon's tooth effective against aldon yet crippling blow could not fend of abilities of opposing allies like jasmine

-2 punisher gauntlets
    -2 arthyle's crypt
    -3 war banner
    -1 enrage
    +3 morbid acolyte
    +3 furrion terror

ver 2.5
    4 infernal gargoyle
    3 plasma behemoth
    3 death mage thaddeus
    3 wulven tracker
    3 morbid acolyte
    4 ironhide karash
    2 smashing blow
    2 rotherm's visage
    4 crippling blow
    4 blood frenzy
    2 sever ties
    3 dragon's tooth
    3 furrion terror

match 4-win vs elad
    possible elad control, not much rush, snow sapphire was used, overwhelmed with dmt and behemoth, opponent used layarian seductress and paladin of unaxio

match 5-win vs nishaven midrange

match 6-win vs serena
    anklebreaker was negated by smashing blow and ter's ability, crippling blow took care of sandworm

match 7-loss vs gravebone
    deck was winning in numbers, already had board control but over-committed to attacking gravebone, not remaining ally on board, slipped my mind i was playing against a mage, i was down to 9, had blood frenzy and was poisoned, opponent attacked for 3 then cast fireball-game over-sigh LOL (well, gotta laugh at your mistakes haha)

match 8-win vs zaladar
    crippling blows did the trick, not much to talk about

match 9-vs elad rush
    had me down to 10 with hero poisoned and set aflame. most damage done by rush-small allies in early game. recovered with the help of furrion terrors, and gargoyle is just very effective since it is difficult to kill-it seems for mages the next best thing is to stall gargoyles with ice than expend burn on them

match 10-win vs zaladar
    had a little chat with my opponent, seemed a bit new to the game. seemed to be using a starter deck, obviously win was easy so i don't really regard this win as a counted, although for statistics purposes i'll just count it. welcome to the games and forums btw, kgmaeda!

10 games, 7 wins 3 losses. not bad for a start. i'll be playing more when i get home and i hope i could get some advice, suggestions to make the deck better.

-peace

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice, good to see a Ter deck. Personally id swap any smashing blows for shadow fonts... for 1 more cc you can blow up anything, not just a weapon or armor
    Last edited by graphlem; 09-04-2013 at 05:45 AM.
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Along with using Shadow Fonts instead of Smashing Blows, as a Warrior there's really no reason why you should be running Sever Ties instead of Spectral Sabre, same cost for the same effect and then some. Looks good otherwise.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by graphlem View Post
    Nice, good to see a Ter deck. Personally id swap any smashing blows for shadow fonts... for 1 more cc you can blow up anything, not just a weapon or armor
    what? you havent gotten tired of all my Ter Adun deck lists?

i would drop the wulven trackers myself unless you are using yari or valiant defender (sac lamb is much much better). and what? no bloodlust? for shame kairos is a lot of fun in a ter deck if you can afford it. iffy on the plasma (again, works much better if you are using yari or valiant defender)
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 09-04-2013 at 11:04 AM.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    what? you havent gotten tired of all my Ter Adun deck lists?

i would drop the wulven trackers myself unless you are using yari or valiant defender (sac lamb is much much better). and what? no bloodlust? for shame kairos is a lot of fun in a ter deck if you can afford it. iffy on the plasma (again, works much better if you are using yari or valiant defender)
    hehe not really. like the post says, just tryin something new. of course, i've gone over your decks and i have to say kudos, they are awesome. just wanted to try ter in a different direction. i might end up using kairos and yari in the long run, but playing with wulven trackers also has made games quite interesting. as a matter of fact, i've played some additional games which i'll be posting shortly...

new modifications:
    i haven't been able to use rothem's visage yet so i decided to cut it. it would usually end up as a resource or, by the time it hits the board, situations are usually at the breaking point-win or loss-conditions would be imminent. i also took out 2 smashing blow to try out graphlem's. reg elunatic's suggestion-running spectral sabres instead of sever ties-yes, i will try this out also. thanks for the suggestions.

-2 rothem's visage
    -2 smashing blow
    +2 shadow font
    +2 the king's pride

match11-win vs millstalker ally build

match12-loss vs zhanna - champion of irum crushed me-i didn't anticipate it would go so well with a legend rises. the crippling blow initially attached to it was rendered useless. treasured heirloom followed, and irum proceeded to take out my allies one at a time so i conceded.

this is my 2nd loss to zhanna, can anyone give any tips on how to beat her? i will be modifying the deck again, ver 2.5.1 (lol-i'll get to ver 3 once i come up with a more competitive build)

thanks for the suggestions! please keep em coming!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    after a few more modifications and games...

-3 wulven tracker
    -2 sever ties
    -2 the king's pride
    -3 plasma behemoth
    +3 kairos
    +3 shadow knight
    +2 spectral sabre
    +2 valiant defender - - -

match 13 loss vs majiya, close fight, deck needs more firepower, valiant defender not synergystic for now-but still an option for future builds

-2 valiant defender
    +2 berserker's edge

match 14 win vs g truesight

match 15 win loss vs boris rush
    overwhelmed by allies, conceded
    deck needs more control to win in stalemates

i came up with ver 2.6

1 ter adun
    4 gargoyle
    3 dmt
    3 shadow knight
    4 ironhide karash
    4 furrion terror
    3 kairos
    4 blood frenzy
    4 crippling blow
    2 bloodlust
    2 berserker's edge
    3 dragon's tooth
    2 spectral sabre
    2 shadow font

match 16 win vs zhanna

match 17 win vs elad rush

games seem more consistent. will test some more when i get home from work. thanks for the suggestions!