Close

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Grint View Post
    I agree that he should be strong. But he's still very very strong even if you can only have one in play at a time. And it's going to be quite a while before we see epic allies to compete with him. Making him unique would be an easy and minor nerf since the code is already implemented. So why not do it?
    I think limiting him to being played one at a time wouldn't be much of a nerf. Against decks with board resets you'd be pretty crazy to play more than one at once anyway. Max 1 per deck though, would be a real nerf (and quite fair IMO).

Related question. What happens when 2 Aeons are in play and you attack? Since they're both protectors can you attack either one? Just the last one cast?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by crazygambit View Post
    I think limiting him to being played one at a time wouldn't be much of a nerf. Against decks with board resets you'd be pretty crazy to play more than one at once anyway. Max 1 per deck though, would be a real nerf (and quite fair IMO).

Related question. What happens when 2 Aeons are in play and you attack? Since they're both protectors can you attack either one? Just the last one cast?
    I wasn't suggesting that he be one per deck, just one in play at a time, like Aldon is. And yes, when two Aeons are in play you can choose to attack either one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I agree that he should be strong. But he's still very very strong even if you can only have one in play at a time. And it's going to be quite a while before we see epic allies to compete with him. Making him unique would be an easy and minor nerf since the code is already implemented. So why not do it?
    Considering that there WILL be Aeon competition the devs would need to remove this "nerf" once that happens. I suggest just wait it out.
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wasn't suggesting that he be one per deck, just one in play at a time, like Aldon is. And yes, when two Aeons are in play you can choose to attack either one.
    I know, I was. There's usually little point in having 2 tanks on the board at once. Maybe if one's already dying. If you have more than 1 in play at a time you're exposed to Energy Discharge, Tidal Waves, etc. The problem with Aeon is that as soon as you kill one, you know the next one is coming next turn (and when you kill that one, the third will drop). If you want to nerf it, the only way is to limit how many there are in the deck, otherwise there's very little point.

Aldon is completely different. Having 2 Aldon's in play would be horribly broken, both gaining from their own ability, play a third one and you have an unstopable army. Particularly coupled with Portal.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think the current problem is that Aeon's powers are a bit TOO powerful with the current array of cards. And also that Shadow doesn't have an Aeon equilvant. There are still pretty reasonable counters for him in most decks - mage: Burns. Wulven: Captured prey/rabid bite. Elemental: MINDCONTROL. Warrior: Crippling Blow. Priest: Tidal Wave. Hunter: Retreat + Deathtrap (if your lucky).

SO I think the upcoming update with weapons will change things a little. I'm happy with him the way he is currently - would like to see how things fan out in the near future.
    Guild: Marksmen

"We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Please visit my blog for more card ideas. Comments and suggestions welcome!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Aeon should be limited to one per deck. He's suppose to be unique character, a sub-hero type.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This guy is kind of cheap. Aeon backed up with Raven and Aldon - scary things happen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He also bugs if I use Mind Control on him... And also, my enemy can atack me and my creatures :S

lost a game because of this bug

Birmingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I hate Aeons when I m playing Zalander, Mind Controlling him kills myself.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just faced some insane AI.
    It used Aeon and Aldon with Warrior Training and Sandra with Warrior Training.
    Couldn't attack anybody... I hope this gets fixed...