Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Keldor vs Deathbone

I'm quite new to Shadow Era, so excuse me for sounding newbish.

I'm playing around with the shadow mages, Majiya and Gravebone in particular, so it kind of led me to looking into these two cards, Keldor and Deathbone. Both seem like decently solid 3 resource cards, although I sort of favor Infernal Gargoyle over both.

Anyway, enough of that. At face value, it seems to me like Keldor is superior to Deathbone in most situations. Deathbone has a combined HP+Attack value of 4, while Keldor has a combined value of 6. Deathbone's ability pushes his combined value to 6, but at the cost of his life. Keldor innately has the same value as Deathbone, as well as having an ability that is akin to being able to cast Extra Sharp on himself.

I know that Deathbone's nearly-guaranteed 2 damage is useful, but I honestly don't think that overcomes the fact that it has such low damage and HP. Keldor just seems like a better choice to go with, since he is able to work better in many more situations, and able to survive twice the beating of Deathbone.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The thing with 3cc Shadow allies is that Infernal Gargoyle and Death Mage Thaddeus are head and shoulders above the rest.

Specially with Majiya. The staying power of IG and DMT's instant 1 dmg combines really well with your ability/Lightning Strike to take down most allies in the game.

Bad Wolf and Medusil have their uses. Deathbone is rarely seen. I haven't met Keldor on this patch yet.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post
    The thing with 3cc Shadow allies is that Infernal Gargoyle and Death Mage Thaddeus are head and shoulders above the rest.

Specially with Majiya. The staying power of IG and DMT's instant 1 dmg combines really well with your ability/Lightning Strike to take down most allies in the game.

Bad Wolf and Medusil have their uses. Deathbone is rarely seen. I haven't met Keldor on this patch yet.
    Best advice you will receive all day Rex
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I used to love Keldor in earlier versions of the game, but Fou is right. Keldor's best use is probably paired with Jeweler's Dream (so, with a Shadow Warrior or Wulven), but IG and DMT are still better overall.
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Asia Regional (Winter 2012) 2nd Place
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    neither is a good choice.
    Youanthe - the freeman of A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You have a chance to find a good use of Deathbone in a Ghostmaker &/or shard deck. But that's situational.
    Apart from that, as the aboves mentionned, other 3cc are better (especially Death Mage & gargoyl as fou stated)

Even Trolls Considered

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    deathbone is only useful in a deck that can recur him. Gravebone or ghostmaker are the only things that come to mind.