Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My first Deck, help and feedback appreciated!

As the topic is quite clear with I have made my first deck and would like some help and feedback from you more experienced players, thanks on beforehand. My deck is a Boris-Rush deck. Here is the build:
    Here is my Borisicon deck.

x1 Boris Skullcrusher

Allies
    x4 Jasmine Rosecult
    x4 Kristoffer Wyld
    x4 Puwen Bloodhelm
    x1 Kurt Whitehelm
    x4 Aldon the Brave
    x2 Aeon Stormcaller

Abilities
    x2 War Banner
    x3 Smashing Blow
    x4 Crippling Blow
    x4 Blood Frenzy
    x2 Retreat

Weapons/Armor
    x2 The King's Pride
    x2 Jewelers Dream
    x1 Spectral Sabre

Total: 39 + Boris

So any tips/help/feedback would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

EDIT:
    After some feedback I made a few adjustments, and I also want to swap out the last kurt but have no idea what to swap it for so in addition to overall feedback on the deck I would love some tips on what to swap in for kurt
    Last edited by RobinCeasar; 08-31-2013 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Adjustments in deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Might be we have different oppinions of what a "first deck" is. If you want me to be more clear I will do that. I recently started playing and have browsed the forum for a while, and after playing against the AI for a few levels I did as someone recomended and bought a starterdeck and sold all the heroes for gold. After that I looked into what some other threads said about Boris and good cards for him and then I built this deck with the gold I had gotten. So yeah I would call this my first deck

Anyhow, I would still like some feedback and help on how to make it better Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lessee...

-You'll want another Aldon or two. Aldon is crucial for Human rush decks, and only two copies means there's only a slim chance you'll get him when you need him.
    -Personally I love Kurt, but he's not conducive to rushing. Costing 4 for a 3/4 kinda sucks when you could get other 3/4s for 3 (Gaderi Barbarian, maybe?), and his abilities count for less than you'd think. If you must have a 4cc, I'd replace 'em with Riders of Ellos.
    -I'd add s'more 3cc allies (since you only have 5), and 17 total seems just a bit low for a rush deck. Maybe some Seductresses or Messengers, or a couple Aldons as mentioned above.
    -You shouldn't really need 3 War Banners, two should be enough.
    -I know it's expensive, especially since you've said you're fairly new, but another King's Pride would be helpful. You might draw one in your starting hand n' have to sac it, or the first might be destroyed right after playing it.

That's all I got for now, hope this helps.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks alot Elunatic, I see your points and will follow the advice as best as I can with the gold I make.
    If I remove 2 kurt and 1 war banner which I change for 1 Kings Pride and 1 more Aldon and 1 other 3cc (dunno which one tho). Would that leave me with enough 3cc allies or should I swap out something more?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I most of my rush decks I go with 4 Aldon and usually 4 of a second 3cc ally be it Jasmine or Priest of the Light. I don't think Rampage is really in charecter 3with a rush deck it only pays off in long games meaning your rush failed at that point and you probably lose. It is also a big tempo drain early if you want to be a rush type deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    x4 Aldon the Brave??

i think it is too much

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by lok1984 View Post
    x4 Aldon the Brave??

i think it is too much
    Yes I know he is unique but in a rush deck using Puwen you want to kill that t2 IHK and 3x Aldon just does not do so often enough.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have you considered adding dragon's tooth to this deck? it might be a little expensive but it is insanely helpful. you could swap out the last kurt for one of them.
    IGN: greybirdx

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Liathwulf View Post
    Have you considered adding dragon's tooth to this deck? it might be a little expensive but it is insanely helpful. you could swap out the last kurt for one of them.
    Dragon tooth is nice but it is tailored for Control.

@OP having 4 aldons gives you the best odds possible of getting it in your opening hand which is crucial if you are going for rush. FFM is also nice when KP is out in order to deal quick damage. I agree that enrage is better than rampage because rampage must be added early when you are setting up your rush while enrage can buy you that well-needed one more turn to survive.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Get 1 or 2 Bad Santa instead of Kurt. Even if you get Blood Frenzy after your initial rush, you'll be starving for cards with Kris+Puwen+Aldon play.