Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Amber Vs Moonstalker

How to counter it?

Currently playing in Amber rain at 255+
    Problem:
    1: cannot swing my JD for extra resource. (cannot spammy allies)
    2: cb cannot handle PB/Tiger Wulf (they stil can use ability)
    3: I cannot stop his draw engine (blood moon)

I know that moonstalker is a very bad match up for Amber but i would like increase the chance of winning against it (35% is good enough)
    The only card that is giving me a chance to win him is the 2 retreat in my deck.

Things i am considering:

Add: Bad Santa to counter blood moon? (Most moonstalker include spectral blade, therefore cannot rely on just blood frenzy for draw, Cature prey counter TO too)

Add: Layalian Diplomat. This card seems too situational as u need 5 damage on the board to make it effective. With capturing prey and NYM it is not easy

ANy suggestions?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    PotL, Jasmine, Seductress and Brax Veteran (to reviwe BF) as allies. Just on top of my head right now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiedori View Post
    How to counter it?

Currently playing in Amber rain at 255+
    Problem:
    1: cannot swing my JD for extra resource. (cannot spammy allies)
    2: cb cannot handle PB/Tiger Wulf (they stil can use ability)
    3: I cannot stop his draw engine (blood moon)

I know that Moonstalker is a very bad match up for Amber but i would like increase the chance of winning against it (35% is good enough)
    The only card that is giving me a chance to win him is the 2 retreat in my deck.

Things i am considering:

Add: Bad Santa to counter blood moon? (Most moonstalker include spectral blade, therefore cannot rely on just blood frenzy for draw, Cature prey counter TO too)

Add: Layalian Diplomat. This card seems too situational as u need 5 damage on the board to make it effective. With capturing prey and NYM it is not easy

ANy suggestions?

dear friend,

i will agree with you as to the situation with moonstalker and his blood moon draw ability. i may have some recommendations for you to help your game.

*layarian diplomat is situational at best and even in my competitive lance deck I've found him to be an overall 'iffy.' add in. may i suggest the following to deal protection, hidden, and 'unreachable' allies. (and this includes moonstalker himself, when he uses his SE ability to stealth away.)

try out the Nowhere To Hide attachment card. it works on your enemies and reads as follows " while nowhere to hide is attached to target opposing hero or ally they lose stealth and protector and opposing allies can't be hidden." I've found it to be really useful against aeon storm caller, an late Bridgett, or other cards as well.

now for your issue with opposing attachments, and attachment users (Moonstalker, Darkclaw, Boris, Amber, Gwen, Victor) maybe you might find the ability of the "Mystic of the Vale" useful. Normally when i'm playing an ally based deck i'll keep 2 Mystics on the side board to swap out for my technical cards if i know it is going to be against an attachment based-hero. the ability itself only cost 2 energy but it returns the attachments to their owner's hand, even yours. so in some cases, if your Blood Frenzy becomes too damaging you can easily remove it, or likewise stop gwen from wacking away at you with her bow. it works with all attachments so the situational use is not bad.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You forgot A Legend Rises.

Key thing is not to overtech. You can also try Erika.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Retreat/seductress his pb and tiger.

Sb his wrath of the forest.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh i forget to mention that i have both (3)seductress and (2)retreat include in this deck

POTL: choose not to include it as 3hp is too little and this isnt rush deck. anyway he still can shadow font and stealth up. only good for "delaying" while you are rushing. I am not rushing. (control with Seductress/jasmine)

A legend rise: good card, normally i choose to include it when i use sandworm as the best way to counter sandworm is attachment, (a card that counter my counter), still, too situational. I choose aoen instead for this to protect jasmine for board control.

Erika: dead to PB/chain lightning.

Mystic of the Vale: Very interesting card. high hp. Have never use it before (4cc card seems to be droppable on turn 5 as with JD, with 5 resorce+2 resource from JD, i can drop 4cc+3cc). Which means i will be able to use its ability on turn 6. It is too late? is that the right way to use it?

Nowhere to hide: Think of it before. but too situational. Can be removed by spectral blade. still it is the PB that is casuing problem.

Btw, i normally face a moon stalker(at high level) where they only start stealthing when the game is at turn 5 (when PB is drop) and become stealth for the next 3-4 consecutive turns. It is very rare that u will have all 3-4 cards of those in your hand that is able to "delay" thier threats during thier 3-4 "peak turn". If u cannot deal with the fatty that is currently on board, 2nd fatty arrive on board and is game over.

i have no problem dealing with first few turn stealth, but after that i will just run out of bullet. Those 5 cards in my deck is only "Delay" the threat but not "eliminate" it

Question is, I feels that only way to win is to pressure him to use his ability early so he cannot chain it during late game, but doing so, T3 i will have to drop allies on turn 3 and blood frenzy mid game. Seem like blood frenzy on turn 3 allows him able to save SE to chain ability on late games. What is the best way to approshed this?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    More retreats?
    IGN: TJ Rated GG

currently playing:
    GG's Lance - The Diplomat

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lol. such a simple solution that i didnt think of and i think is going to be very effective

may be against him i have to sac CB and keep retreat

ty so much!
    Last edited by Chiedori; 08-29-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can you add a Dragons Tooth or 2?
    Mystic of the Vale is very good in my Deck. Use CB then once you have board, use Mystic to return your CB then Kill Allies they were attached to
    "you furry,flea bitten fool, I'll cover my throne with your hide"
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing"
    "The Alpha... and the Omega... death and rebirth... and as you die, so will I be reborn!"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelatron73 View Post
    Can you add a Dragons Tooth or 2?
    Mystic of the Vale is very good in my Deck. Use CB then once you have board, use Mystic to return your CB then Kill Allies they were attached to
    Thanks so much for the Mystic of the Vale tips, such a strong card that i overlooked