Close

Thread: Druid Nishaven

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Druid Nishaven

Felt like doing a themed deck for once, and after some rumination I came up with: Druid Nishaven, commanding the power of earth and sky. Anyways:

Allies (21)
    -Birgitte Skullborn x3
    -Jasmine Rosecult x4
    -Priest of the Light x4
    -Marshland Sentinel x3
    -Mystic of the Vale x2
    -Earthen Protector x3
    -Aeon Stormcaller x2

Abilities/Items (18)
    -Tome of Knowledge x4
    -Clinging Webs x2
    -Retreat x2
    -Bad Santa x2
    -Fireball x4
    -Lightning Strike x4

Most of it's pretty self-explanatory. With this deck Nishaven's ability is more of a panic button rather than the necessity it would be in a solo-deck.
    -Birgitte (along with Aeon) is the first line of defense, the second being your other allies and the third being Nishaven's Thunderstorm. I try not to play her unless I can play another non-Birgitte ally at the same time.
    -Sentinel is a nice SE-sink, and playing one after clearing the board with Nishaven's ability is a great way to keep a good number of threats at bay. Semi-Crippling Blow-proof.
    -Mystic's ability can only delay the inevitable by bouncing back Blood Frenzy, Lone Wolf, Captured Prey, etc., but sometimes that's all you need. Plus she's fairly sturdy, giving her a decent chance of stickin' to the field.
    -Protector Is a decent threat in his own right, but his ability is what really makes people nervous, especially when the Protector is being protected by an ally with Protector (couldn't resist). Once had someone quit once I got a Protector behind an Aeon. Watch out for those Tidal Waves n' Supernovas, though.
    -Getting an Aeon to stick is a huge step toward victory. Plus if he really needs to, he can tank a Thunderstorm like a champ.
    -Clinging Webs is a bit weaker than Consuming Fear, in my opinion, but it keeps an affected ally from defending, so there's that.
    -Retreat is self-explanatory, but with Nishaven, it can also be used to great effect by bouncing one o' your own allies to keep it safe from his Thunderstorm.

Now, I know some of you may be thinking, "But Elunatic, why does a tree-hugging druid have access to Fireball?" Well, I'll tell you: as much as I love the theme, I can't pass up what is arguably the best direct-damage card in the game for the sake of it. Just write it off as channeling a forest fire or summin', I dunno.

Thoughts, advice, suggestions?
    Last edited by Elunatic; 08-30-2013 at 06:42 AM.