Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Threbin the Weapon Handler

To start, I'll say that, from experience, 6 weapons seems to be the number to shoot for in a weapon based deck. I'll include explanations I've why I choose each card.

Deck:
    Threbin + 39

Allies-18
    4x Zealous Mystic
    ~ Does Arcane Damage and is a Templar. Ability is handy for fear and cripples. Avenger doesn't sync well with Devoted Knight.
    4x Devoted Knight
    ~ Arcane Dmg and Templar. Free resources when killed.
    2x Guardian of Unaxio
    ~ Arcane Dmg and Templar. Some extra dmg mitigation as well.
    4x Templar Champion
    ~ Templar. Doesn't do arcane dmg exactly but does AOE arcane dmg when you summon another templar. Very nice for this deck.
    2x Tainted Oracle
    ~ Some extra card draw just in case. Without Aldon, Elizabeth doesn't seem as good. With all the new cards, I do not fear diplomat or acolyte as much here.
    2x Justicar Alysia
    ~ Boosts your arcane dmg. Which means Threbin's ability, weapons, and most of your allies. Essentially replaces aldon for that role.

Abilities-11
    4x Retreat
    ~ A standard for Priests. In this case, a 2cc board control
    4x Zail's Hymn
    ~ Your 3cc board control. Think of a warrior with crippling and shield bash. Mine is Retreat and Hymn.
    3x Focused Prayer
    ~ Your tech.

Items-10
    4x Scriptures of the Righteous
    ~ Primary card draw. This will work on just about every turn. I want Threbin on the offensive as much as possible so I avoided Wizent.
    4x Rod of Smiting.
    ~ Syncs well with Justicar. Threbin is like a 3 SE logan with this or take that dmg out on the other hero. Very nice.
    2x Madelain's Scepter
    ~ Love this card but I've never had luck relying on it with its 6cc cost. Better to have it as an extra rather than the primary.

Concerns:
    Zealous doesn't hit very hard and Knight dies easily. This will leave you vulnerable in the very early game. It may be safer to rely on Retreat and Hymn early. Don't waist Threbin's ability on a weak ally. Either a fatty or a hero. You don't have heals for this deck so you want to be aggressive.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think u forgot tidal wave
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3yb0i View Post
    I think u forgot tidal wave
    No i didn't forget it. I want to use this deck without it for a while. TW is better for priests like zhanna who do not have an offensive ability in my opinion. Not having TW was the primary reason for putting champion in - to make sure i have consistent damage going out when i can. threbin will have an easier time with the board and if you have the board and draw a TW or two, then its a wasted draw.

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You should still use avenger. Just because devoted knight doesn't work with him doesn't make him worse than zealous mystic. Essentially you're not using a card because it only has 1 attack and replacing it with a card that has... 1 attack. No offense, but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If you aren't running attachments you shouldn't be using zealous mystic, especially since late game avenger of the fallen still has the potential to be the best 2 drop in the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    TW is better for priests like zhanna who do not have an offensive ability in my opinion.
    Tidal Wave is better for everyone my friend. It's arguably the most coveted card in the game, it's the reason I play priests.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by planarbox View Post
    Tidal Wave is better for everyone my friend. It's arguably the most coveted card in the game, it's the reason I play priests.
    I agree
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Avenger doesn't go well with Devoted Knight, but if you want to pull off combo mid-late game (Rod of Smiting + 2cc, or Champion + 2cc) getting out a 4-4 for just 2cc is pretty awesome.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The difference with Avenger is that (1) he can't defend himself without that ability. the 1 atk is only on your turn. and (2) his ability is much like honored dead and there are many card in the game that get rid of allies in your graveyard. If I'd do anything with TW in this deck, it might be 2 TW, 2 Retreat. If you're playing Threbin and are still relying on TW, then your Threbin deck isn't very good.

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    The difference with Avenger is that (1) he can't defend himself without that ability. the 1 atk is only on your turn. and (2) his ability is much like honored dead and there are many card in the game that get rid of allies in your graveyard. If I'd do anything with TW in this deck, it might be 2 TW, 2 Retreat. If you're playing Threbin and are still relying on TW, then your Threbin deck isn't very good.
    Im currently running with 1x TW as a backup/emergency card...but threbin definitely doesnt need it. Also i have to agree that mystic isnt as good as Avenger.....drop justicar with avenger on board and you have a 5/4 for 2cc...cant beat that...also i think justicar is so vital to the deck that more than 2x is needed...im running 3x
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by planarbox View Post
    Tidal Wave IS board and tempo control. Especially with these fast decks coming out and emptying their hands at 4cc, a Tidal Wave is essentially Auto win.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.