Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb [Videos] Zhanna: Queen's Control

Any suggestions or comments as this deck is being finely tuned are appreciated.

Zhanna + 39 cards

Allies (18)
    4x Puwen Bloodhelm
    3x Raven Wildheart
    3x Tainted Oracle
    3x Aeon Stormcaller
    3x Layarian Seductress
    2x Elizabeth Winterborn

Abilities (15)
    2x Healing Touch
    4x Tidal Wave
    2x Ice Storm
    4x Focused Prayer
    2x Book of Curse
    1x Mass Purification

Items (6)
    2x The King's Pride
    4x Wizent's Staff

Read second post for deck explanation.
    Read third post for new deck.
    Last edited by VivaLaFisica; 09-17-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Video

I made a mistake on one of my turns. Can you spot it?
    Music: Phantasy Star Online Revolution to the Orion Part 2

Allies
    Puwen Bloodhelm: Playing this early gives your opponent something to think about. If you're going first, don't feel obligated to play him on turn two. He could very well be resourced. Though in late game, casting a big ally alongside him offers a lot of pressure.

Raven Wildheart: Dropping her on the board grabs your opponent's attention immediately. Some heroes will have to go our of their way to bring down her high health. It is your job to take advantage of her presence as you begin to gain tempo.

Tainted Oracle: You'll need to draw cards. You must asses how beneficial playing this will be on your turn. There are other draw options for you in this deck. On top of that, you need to plan ahead if you're going offensive or about to play tidal wave.

Aeon Stormcaller: Don't plan on making him a star player, rather use him to keep enemy attachments and abilities off your other allies. Make use of his ability when you can though it is not necessary.

Layarian Seductress: Sacrifice decisions can be difficult. When going first, you can skip a sacrifice phase to see your next card and still make use of her passive ability.

Elizabeth Winterborn: Yet another draw option. She is an odd one to deal with for most heroes; you may be in luck. Hide her behind Aeon and she may just be on the board for good.

Abilities
    Healing Touch: You really want this to get rid of enemy attachments on your allies. It can turn things around when an opponent thinks they've downed one of your allies.

Tidal Wave: Hopefully, you'll only have to use one of these in a game. You need to have prepared a pre-tidal and post-tidal strategy to maximize this card's potential.

Ice Storm: If it's your allies vs theirs on the board, this lowers their hp (hopefully) enough to where you can kill them, assuming you haven't got high attackers out yet. Helpful against stealth allies and iron hide karash.

Focused Prayer: If you don't need to destroy an item, don't waste it. Try to save these for your opponent's game changing cards.

Book of Curse: The lowered attack of enemy allies is more helpful than you may think. On top of that, it'll set your opponent back if they take a turn to destroy it. That means they have one less method of destroying your staff.

Mass Purification: You won't always need this card. If you draw it early, try to gauge your opponent before you think about sacrificing it. It saves crippled allies and even will get rid of hunters hiding in the forest for an awesome turn of damage to your opponent.

Items
    The King's Pride: It's also a defensive tool if you need to hold out for a tidal wave. Don't rely on it as most heroes expect this card from a priest and will destroy it next turn. Modify your tactics under the assumption you'll only get one turn out of it.

Wizent's Staff: Decide if you'll want to heal yourself or an ally; you don't need to use its ability if you've got other draw options set up. It's also good for taking down opponent's armor durability.

Overall
    You need to be familiar with all heroes. This deck is about maintaing control. Keep a cool head playing these cards as even one wrong sacrifice choice can ruin it. Get a feel for how it plays and you'd definitely be able to play well above average players with this deck.
    Last edited by VivaLaFisica; 08-26-2013 at 12:43 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Video

After some deck editing.
    Last edited by VivaLaFisica; 08-30-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaLaFisica View Post
    Read second post for videos and deck explanation.
    Reserved
    Loved the video, but think you could have done better on your explanation

On a serious note, I'd switch the Layarian Seductress for Jasmine. As a Priest, you'll need to get to high resources so you can Tidal Wave then play something that provides control, and Layarian isn't going to help with that. I also think you should choose either Tainted Oracle or Elizabeth Winterborn, those two don't work together very well.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    xD I'm working on it.

I can understand wanting to play Jasmine after a TW, but the comfort LS offers even when you're in a bind is hard to do without. Maybe go 50/50 Jasmine and LS?
    As far as drawing, I find the two to be effective. It means I can store SE from not having to use Wizent's so as to not overdraw. Though, in my playing of this deck, they're not often found on the field together simultaneously. It's about keeping your options open to suit the situation best.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    -3 Οracles
    -2 Book of curses

+2 retreats
    +2 Jasmines
    +1 Lizzy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't really see why Puwen is so important here. Most of the time t2 Puwen is pretty bad (considering that none of your 3-drops actually give him that much) and after that the card isn't really that good.

Seems decent otherwise, although this is like the only deck in the game where Jasmine is a good card so I would consider playing a couple.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why retreat?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why retreat?
    t5 Tidal Wave. Your opponent plays something to the board. You retreat it and play an ally, maintaining board control even if you can't sacrifice another resource. Works even better if the ally is Jasmine, because she can then stall an ally and deal damage somewhere else once your opponent replays their ally. Or T3 Jasmine, T4 Jasmine's ability on one ally and Retreat another while attacking a third.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    what byrd said