Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFerrari View Post
    Nah, x3 is fine and it's my personal preference to run.
    Not mine.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Do not argue with perfection, people. Embrace the power of TPD instead. Bow to it 5 times a day towards the geographical location where it was revealed.

Could it have used +1 of some of the cards? Sure, but at the size 43 there is no more room to grow and everything inside is non-expandable. The designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing else to add, but when there is nothing else to take away.

This is the deck that gives you upper hand against any other hero, with the exception of satan Darkclaw. If it doesn't, you're playing it wrong.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks a bit similar to my deck, I'm just wondering how much you have been able to use Rust Weevil effectively? Most heroes can play around it (they just have to avoid landing the killing blow with the weapon). And you seem to have plenty of item destruction already.

Also - I agree Disciple of Aldmor can be very useful but don't you find that it always clashes with WotF as your turn 4 play? I play it in my other shadow decks but I have not tried it in my BB deck.
    Wanderer of Worlds
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP NickOh
    IRC: [BP]nickoh

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by nickhono View Post
    Looks a bit similar to my deck, I'm just wondering how much you have been able to use Rust Weevil effectively? Most heroes can play around it (they just have to avoid landing the killing blow with the weapon). And you seem to have plenty of item destruction already.
    Good question. Unfortunately, Weevil is not as useful as it could have been, there are too many ways to kill or disable him, but he is still sorely needed. You can take out Wizant's Staff in 2 hits, which might force Zhana to wipe before destroying your WoTF to keep her staff. What I also often do is soften Weevil by Furion Terror and then use it to take out the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by nickhono View Post
    Also - I agree Disciple of Aldmor can be very useful but don't you find that it always clashes with WotF as your turn 4 play? I play it in my other shadow decks but I have not tried it in my BB deck.
    What if you don't draw WoTF? What if you are getting successfully rushed and WoTF wouldn't last on the board? You wouldn't believe how useful is a turn 4 drop resistant to hero abilities vs Zaladar, Majiya, Banebow and Eladwen. Even vs other heroes, it's a big body, hard to take out. Then on next turn you can use Furion and wipe the board, often leaving you with still standing Disciple.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Superdraw Serena would beat this deck like a bad stepchild!
    Nerull7 - Backhand of Justice
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Nerull7 | Our Guild | Watch Epic BP Games: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
    Talk less crap, do more for community

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by nerull7 View Post
    Superdraw Serena would beat this deck like a bad stepchild!
    Once I've finished off superdraw Serena in just 7 turnes. This deck fares well against thieves, but of course, an element of luck is always involved.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by morbius View Post

Hero:
    Banebow

Allies:
    4x Karash #self explanatory
    4x Morbid Acolyte #very versatile 3cc drop
    3x DMT
    2x Rust Weevil #don't use Death Collectors, use these
    2x Disciple of Aldmor #added it to the deck by mistake, turned out to be an Eureka! moment
    2x Plasma Bohemoth #great fatty, perfect board control
    3x Shadow Knight #don't insist on looping them like a noob, use them wisely
    3x Furrion Terror #board wipe combined with BB ability and resistance to fireballs? yes, please!
    1x Ogloth #if you still don't have Colossus, you can use 2 of these
    1x Scourge Colossus #another Ogloth or Bohemoth are usually more useful in general, but this card fares better against bad matchups

Items:
    3x Soul Seeker
    4x WoTF #your main draw engine

Abilities:
    2x Shriek of Vengeance #I go with 2, which is the bare minimum
    2x Acid Jet #don't use LLN, cheap weapons and armors are usually bigger problem
    2x The Perfect Shot #fatty killer
    1x Sever Ties
    1x Bad Santa #situational, so I carry just 1
    2x Sacrificial Lamb

All together 43 cards.

Strategy varies on opponent, but in general, you want to secure the field, put WoTF on board to keep your hand full and lay enemy to waste with your fatties.

The only real bad matchup is Darkclaw, with his ambush, resource acceleration, weapons that never expire, hasted allies, ways to dispose of crucial allies and excellent draw engine. The other relatively tough matchups are human warriors, Zhana and other BB decks, so if you'll notice, this deck pays more attention to dealing with Wizent's Staff, Jewler's Dream and other annoying cheap weapons and armors (King's Pride can really hurt, but that's a relatively small vulnerability).

I'm going to let you figure out how everything works, but feel free to ask any questions about The Perfect Deck.
    25 Allies seems to many. I d prefer
    -2 Rusty
    -1 FT
    -1 Ogloth
    -1 Colossus
    +1 SK
    ->21 Allies

9 Items
    9 Abilities (-1 BS)
    39 cards + hero
    Should be more competive. The Problem with your just one cards is self explanatory. The most of the time you dont get what you d need of them. Just my two cents. Cheers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Once I've finished off superdraw Serena in just 7 turnes. This deck fares well against thieves, but of course, an element of luck is always involved.
    That's pretty impressive that you beat superdraw Serena
    (Hint: look at this http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....draw-(Amazing) )
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
    Enlightened Technological Creature
    A Proud Member of ETC
    My 10 step guide to deck building
    My published 1.6 decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Last time I lost with this deck was some time last week. I haven't been counting victories in my current streak, but there could have easily been over 20.
    Sorry to say it but pic or lie
    𝓚𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓯 𝓐𝓼𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓵𝓮𝓼

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirelc View Post
    25 Allies seems to many. I d prefer
    -2 Rusty
    -1 FT
    -1 Ogloth
    -1 Colossus
    +1 SK
    ->21 Allies

9 Items
    9 Abilities (-1 BS)
    39 cards + hero
    Should be more competive. The Problem with your just one cards is self explanatory. The most of the time you dont get what you d need of them. Just my two cents. Cheers
    Cards that you've cut you'd sorely need against thieves, warriors and wolven. TPE is not designed to fight some default generic deck, it's carefully built to fight current heroes and commonly used strategies and does a damn good job of that.

Don't look at the X1 cards and think "bah, you'll never draw it". The deck is not built around them, they are useful, but not essential, it doesn't matter if you don't draw them. For instance, if you draw colossus early, often best thing is to sac it and get one resource. But if you draw it late game, there is a strong chance it will be useful to you. It's a low-risk high-reward card and you want it in your deck, as it improves your odds against particularly troublesome item-heavy opponents. All the X1 cards in this deck are like that, not vital, but with good chances to be very useful. Putting more would be a liability.