Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My current Boris Deck

I've just started playing, I'm an ex-Magic player.
    I've put in some cards to block specific decks but I still feel like I'm weaker against mage decks.
    I'd love some feedback about this deck, I have some cards in the arsenal that I can sell to get gold for maybe a few changes though right now I want to save up and try to build towards another deck,

Boris

Creatures:
    ----------
    2x Jasmine
    4x Sandra
    4x Blake
    1x Raven Wildheart
    3x Aldon the Brave
    1x Aeon

Other:
    ------
    3x Valiant Defender
    2x Smashing Blow
    1x War Banner
    1x Enrage
    3x Crippling Blow
    4x Blood Rage

Currently I've always been sacrificing the defensive cards early game and it seems like I can't put down more than one Blood Frenzy so the extras on that end as well.

any feedback?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Urge...to make...Boris deck post template....rising.....

For cookie cutter:

Drop War Banner
    Drop Enrage
    Turn Raven into another Aeon
    +2 allies (+1 Jasmine and +1 Aldon would be ideal, or +1 Aeon if you can afford it)
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wouldn't have played Enrage to start off with BUT it seems to be a game changer if it comes in late, especially in the mirror match.
    Would never have played a card like that in MTG but the fact that attacks can directly target the hero change that.
    Dropping the war banner for aeon is the plan once I get enough gold to that I guess.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd View Post
    I wouldn't have played Enrage to start off with BUT it seems to be a game changer if it comes in late, especially in the mirror match.
    Would never have played a card like that in MTG but the fact that attacks can directly target the hero change that.
    Dropping the war banner for aeon is the plan once I get enough gold to that I guess.
    Enrage definitely has that use, but the more you play, the more you'll find that the times when it actually changes the game are like...1 in 20 matches. And the times when you wish it was a VD/CB/SB and specifically times when one of those card would have prevented that situation occurring in the first place are plentiful. A 4-drop card that simply adds 10 life rarely does much to improve the situation that got you to the point where you need 10 life in the first place.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think I would rather use Ravens as I find Aeon puts me in a mess when he gets mind controlled.

I with that amount of allies would Rampage be good?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Aeon is bad only against Elementals, but you can always resource him, right? And after all there are only 2 Aeons in deck.
    I like Rampage idea, but is it worth playing?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    Urge...to make...Boris deck post template....rising.....
    /pushesyouovertheedge

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is there a known bug that when attacking a hero Aldon doesn't stack with war banner?
    Anyway,
    I dropped the war banner and the Enrage, got some gold and pushed in another Aeon and actually just had a lucky draw of another Aeon from a booster - playing 3 of this 6 cost card just seems a little over doing it.
    I don't like pushing another Aldon because it seems like I get the second one far sooner than the opponent manages to get rid of the first one and then sometimes I'll sacrifice and sometimes keep the backup depending on the kind of deck I'm up against.

I can add Jasmines and I'm thinking about dropping Raven.
    I'm having difficulty judging because while I'm being put up against mid-300 decks there are things like a ~70 card Zalandar (2 of which I've met recently) and I don't really think I can get any conclusions from a game like that.

What other cards might I play in this deck?

And for the Boris annoyed, I want to build an Elemental and a Mage deck once I start getting tired of this so worry not.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wouldn't bother with playing Boris at all. It's not competitive unless you get a good opening draw. I play about ten decks, and this is a consistent loser/one trick pony. Very easy to fall behind in allies, get burned, get arrowed, get mind controlled, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatner's hairpiece View Post
    I wouldn't bother with playing Boris at all. It's not competitive unless you get a good opening draw. I play about ten decks, and this is a consistent loser/one trick pony. Very easy to fall behind in allies, get burned, get arrowed, get mind controlled, etc.
    Quiet troll, no point posting things like this when you don't know what your talking about.