Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah? Welcome to human on human action. Expect Sandras to roll you over frequently.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by doomdg View Post
    I did try this and got fairly decent results, Elementalis remains a pain, but the mirror is also very 50/50.. Too much depends on if you got hit by sandras, and whether they curved out better.
    That's how mirrors work. Assuming equal skill, they're won by sheer luck. But in my experience, most people hate playing mirrors and are therefore bad at it; you can win a lot of games in CCGs if you learn to embrace the mirror.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Woot! Decided to give this deck a run. I was getting the cards from the merchant and I had every card needed except for ALDON!!!!!!! The stupid merchant sold out! So aggravating.... so I decided to wait until they restocked and I tried the mostly-complete deck on the AI. The 3 cards I wanted to replace with aldon were basically free resources. It worked wonders and I steamrollered Ter Adun. Waiting for the merchant to restock... can't wait to try this deck out in pvp! One thing I noticed was how quickly I overwhelmed the AI with my allies. One turn I had a Blake and jasmine on the board, the next moment literally half my force was out. Can't wait to see what happens when I get aldon in... And another thing I noticed was that this deck is way more fun to play than Zaladar. This is definitely my favorite deck to date...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Grrrrrrrrr.... So frustrating! So I checked back with the merchant and sure enough, aldon was restocked but there were ONLY TWO LEFT!!! So I bought them and aldon sold out for the second time in one night! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So now I have this one extra sharp sitting in my deck where the third aldon should be! Aldon sure is selling a lot lately...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    There are versions of Boris (or Amber) that, whilst they might not trample Zaladar/Elementalis into the ground, certainly do not have unfavourable matchups against them.
    You only think that because you're running Chimera instead of Behemoth in your Zaladar. It's a little sad that this deck can be totally owned by single card. It has absolutely no answer to Plasma Behemoth (let alone 2).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazygambit View Post
    You only think that because you're running Chimera instead of Behemoth in your Zaladar. It's a little sad that this deck can be totally owned by single card. It has absolutely no answer to Plasma Behemoth (let alone 2).
    yes, I suppose it is hard when they manage to get a behemoth or two out, but this deck isn't supposed to get you out of situations like that, it's supposed to stop you from getting you into situations like that at all. It's better to cut the problem off at the source than to wait for the problem to develop and try and stop it then.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    But suppose you've already gotten into that "1 or 2 behemoths" situation - Are there any plans for a card or 2 to be released in the next patch that can be good counters? Zaladar + Plasmas is my Boris deck's biggest weakness.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by crazygambit View Post
    Oh yes, thank you. I'd never thought of that. I'll totally faceroll Boris now!
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorFolklore View Post
    But suppose you've already gotten into that "1 or 2 behemoths" situation - Are there any plans for a card or 2 to be released in the next patch that can be good counters? Zaladar + Plasmas is my Boris deck's biggest weakness.
    Well, I guess Zaladar+Plasmab is gonna be really hard to counter if the other player gets it out. Plasmab's a giant wrecking ball since it can do 7 damage a turn, and it will still be able to do 4 damage a turn if you use crippling blow. And anything that can survive the 4 damage( Raven and aeon) gets happily snapped up by MC. I guess you have to try stop the situation from happening at all. Basically Sandra them so they get locked on 4 resources and try and kill Zaladar ASAP.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    warriors have creatures to answer behemoth, usually.