Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatner's hairpiece View Post
    I disagree about boris being top quality. I've lost with this deck more times than I can count and I've been in lower 400's for some time. It fails against elementals, it even fails against a wolf deck, and it fails against human mage decks who will match you with allies and burn you on top of it. Boris' ablity is useless once a plasma behemoth is out. Then it's game over. You've got no way to get rid of it if you're behind in allies. Crippling blow does not help you. You get mind controlled half the time, you can just dump all your high end allies. If you fall behind in creatures on the boards, which is very easy to do against most creature decks, and even elementals, you're screwed. Deck is totally over rated and frankly boring as hell to play.

I'll stick with Gwenneth Paltrow or Miaja or whatever her name is. Much higher win ratio on those decks in my last 30 games.
    I pretty much played a Boris deck to the 460s and I don't see how you're getting into the situations you described. How are you falling behind so badly on allies? How many Valiant Defenders and Blood Frenzies are you playing? What's your ally mix? I'm currently running 17 allies in my 32 card deck.

Fall behind and you're done? I definitely don't find this to be the case. Post your decklist so I can take a look.
    Last edited by Kadun; 04-05-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's the cookie cutter deck that's listed here and in all the other cookie cutter threads. For the second time, I wouldn't be posting in this Boris thread unless the deck I was using was the so called 'top 1' tier deck. It's pretty simple. If you're behind in allies, and a plasma behemoth is on the board you can quit. It's easy to get behind in allies against any ally deck. I tried this deck for a while, but found it really 'meh'. I even lost to someone playing that wolf that hides every 3 turns. This is not an 'occasional' loss I'm talking about here. It's loses consistently so that's why I stopped using it. If I'm going to play a human deck, I'll stick with Eledewan, which at least gives you some burn control. Zardoz is everywhere and Boris is no match for it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would say it depends heavily on the player what cards you sacrifice and how you play. Even the best deck is useless if you can't play it properly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatner's hairpiece View Post
    It's easy to get behind in allies against any ally deck.
    I've found this to be the opposite of true, especially considering, well, the deck is designed to control the board via allies.
    I tried this deck for a while, but found it really 'meh'. I even lost to someone playing that wolf that hides every 3 turns. This is not an 'occasional' loss I'm talking about here. It's loses consistently so that's why I stopped using it. If I'm going to play a human deck, I'll stick with Eledewan, which at least gives you some burn control. Zardoz is everywhere and Boris is no match for it.
    My experiences with the deck have differed greatly with yours.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Agree with Kadun. Strongly agree with thegatheringer.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm more inclined to agree with Shatnter tbh, although not on all points.

I just went up gainst Zal, Zal, Elem, Zal, Elem, Zal, Zal. Bad starter draws on all, lost every one, am now down into the 300s.

Without a good start and Sandras this deck is useless.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just started playing this game and went with Boris because I understood the concept of Allies ftw. I have had mixed results with my deck though, and I mostly find it hard to do well against Nishaven because he can wipe my allies in one blow or disable them forever, and I havent yet come up against a Zal or Elem....

Here is my deck, and I guess my question is what makes your superior?

32 Cards:

1x Borix

3x Jasmine
    4x Sandra
    4x Blake
    4x Aldon

2x Valiant Defender
    2x War Banner
    2x Enrage
    4x Blood Frenzy
    2x Special Delivery
    2x Kings Pride
    2x Jewelers (not sure about this item, considered swapping for mournblade)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are versions of Boris (or Amber) that, whilst they might not trample Zaladar/Elementalis into the ground, certainly do not have unfavourable matchups against them.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Galrash View Post
    Here is my deck, and I guess my question is what makes your superior?
    Running a stronger ally suite and not running jank like special delivery.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I did try this and got fairly decent results, Elementalis remains a pain, but the mirror is also very 50/50.. Too much depends on if you got hit by sandras, and whether they curved out better.