Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My new Boris deck

I'm sick of Zaladar already, so I decided to make new Boris deck.

1 x Boris

4 x Jasmine
    4 x Blake
    4 x Sandra
    3 x Aldon
    2 x Aeon

3 x Cripple Blow
    3 x Valiant Defender
    4 x Blood Frenzy
    2 x Smashing Blow

All in all 30 cards.

Opinions?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    *smashes face into wall*

Looks cookie cutter. Top quality deck.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck, only thing I would add would be 1 x Enrage OR 1 x Rampage.

Not sure if I like Smashing Blows as I find I just sac them so would maybe change them for Warbanner to support your Allies.

Edit** this deck is just incredible, It absolutely steam rolls through most decks, before you know it you have so many allies down. I am running 2 Ravens instead of Aeon as I can get her out sooner.
    Last edited by TotallyImba; 04-05-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hahaha, now i know what my deck shud look like lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Excellent deck.. Almost ran out of cards a few times though, after the opponent played their own bazaar.

Is is possible to consider a King's Pride or 2 in the deck? They seem insane to curve into.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ignore what I said about getting rid of the Smashing Blows, I just faced a hunter deck and won because of this card.

As for The King's Pride, you could always sneak a cheeky little one in but as I mentioned above you could throw in Enrage and Rampage and Warbanner but it all just adds to the deck size.

I think the original posted deck is spot on to be honest, only change I made was Raven for Aeon which is just my personal preference.
    Last edited by TotallyImba; 04-05-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I disagree about boris being top quality. I've lost with this deck more times than I can count and I've been in lower 400's for some time. It fails against elementals, it even fails against a wolf deck, and it fails against human mage decks who will match you with allies and burn you on top of it. Boris' ablity is useless once a plasma behemoth is out. Then it's game over. You've got no way to get rid of it if you're behind in allies. Crippling blow does not help you. You get mind controlled half the time, you can just dump all your high end allies. If you fall behind in creatures on the boards, which is very easy to do against most creature decks, and even elementals, you're screwed. Deck is totally over rated and frankly boring as hell to play.

I'll stick with Gwenneth Paltrow or Miaja or whatever her name is. Much higher win ratio on those decks in my last 30 games.
    Last edited by Shatner's hairpiece; 04-05-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thats interesting that your struggling with this deck because I absolutely crushed an elementalis deck a moment ago, I just flooded the field with allies and had a couple of Sandras to knock his resources down so he couldnt get his 5 resources for Mind Control / Elemental Discharge.

As for the last Gwen deck I faced, I found her difficult to start with as she went first, I let her hit me a few turns then I got Blake and Valiant Defender down, used Boris's ability and started to take control. Eventually she layed her bow but I smashed it leading me to victory.
    Last edited by TotallyImba; 04-05-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatner's hairpiece View Post
    I disagree about boris being top quality. I've lost with this deck more times than I can count and I've been in lower 400's for some time. It fails against elementals, it even fails against a wolf deck, and it fails against human mage decks who will match you with allies and burn you on top of it. Boris' ablity is useless once a plasma behemoth is out. Then it's game over. You've got no way to get rid of it if you're behind in allies. Crippling blow does not help you. You get mind controlled half the time, you can just dump all your high end allies. If you fall behind in creatures on the boards, which is very easy to do against most creature decks, and even elementals, you're screwed. Deck is totally over rated and frankly boring as hell to play.

I'll stick with Gwenneth Paltrow or Miaja or whatever her name is. Much higher win ratio on those decks in my last 30 games.
    Lol... Are we even talking about same deck?
    You fall back in creatures on the board?
    At least with this deck you'll never fall back with allies, especially when you have 12 allies with cost 3 or less. Even if you fall back, you have 3 Valiant Defenders which can easily return board control.

@TotallyImba
    Taking out Smashing Blow would kill your chances of winning against hunters as you noticed on your own. Also, like idea of swapping Aeons with Ravens, as she can be played one turn earlier, and she is destroyed easier if she gets MCed.

I even won match against zhanna, after she locked me on 3 resources with 4 sandras in a row + pleagued.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Visi0N View Post
    Lol... Are we even talking about same deck?
    You fall back in creatures on the board?
    At least with this deck you'll never fall back with allies, especially when you have 12 allies with cost 3 or less. Even if you fall back, you have 3 Valiant Defenders which can easily return board control.

@TotallyImba
    Taking out Smashing Blow would kill your chances of winning against hunters as you noticed on your own. Also, like idea of swapping Aeons with Ravens, as she can be played one turn earlier, and she is destroyed easier if she gets MCed.

I even won match against zhanna, after she locked me on 3 resources with 4 sandras in a row + pleagued.
    Uh, no, I'm talking about something completely different. Why would I post in this thread if I wasn't using the same deck. Yes, it's very easy to be matched in speed against any heavy ally deck, even if you are using blood frenzy. This deck has one way winning: having a good opening draw. Fall behind and you're done, which is why it's boring to play.