Close

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was going to abandon Shadow Era anyway, so this seems like the right place to dump the ideas I've had for a while. (This doesn't mean that I don't need the prize lol)

Carnivorous plant
    Hunter ally
    3cc 1att 2def
    When this ally deals combat damage it becomes a hunter item - artifact until the end of your opponent's turn.

Symbiotic plant
    Hunter ally
    3cc 2att 5def
    This ally cannot attack allies.
    If you have an armor in play any hero or ally that enters combat with your hero takes 2 damage.

Twilight arrow
    Hunter ability
    Target hero or ally takes 1 arcane damage, and you may reveal a card from your hand. If it is a hunter card with Arrow in its name, play it at no cost.

Oath keeper
    Hunter ally - unique
    4cc, 1att, 4def
    Haste. When a card is removed from play return Oath keeper to your hand and draw a card.

Hidden relic
    Hunter item - artifact
    5cc
    1cc: destroy Hidden relic. Your resources are renewed.
    When Hidden relic is sent to graveyard, discard 3 cards from the top of your deck, then put 3 items from your graveyard into your hand.
    Back in black :-E

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just thought Wulven needed some more 3cost or less troops to synergize with Howlfang.

Pack Mother
    Type - Wulven Ally
    Cost - 3
    Attack/Health - 3/4

When a Wulven ally is attacked by a hero or ally, Pack Mother attacks that hero or ally at the end of combat if she is able to.

Wulven Scout
    Type - Wulven Ally
    Cost - 2
    Attack/health 1/3

0: Target hero or ally takes one additional damage from Wulven Allies you control until end of turn.

Wulven Scrapper
    Type - Wulven Ally
    Cost - 3
    Attack/Health 1/3

Damage to Wulven Scrapper is reduced by 2.

Wulven Shaman
    Type - Wulven Ally
    Cost - 3
    Attack/Health - 2/3

When Wulven Shaman is put into play you may search your library for a weapon card with cost 3 or less and place it into your hand.

Wulven Recruit
    Type - Wulven Ally
    Cost - 2
    Attack/Health - 2/2

When Wulven Recruit is put into play you may search your library for another copy of Wulven Recruit and place it into your hand.

Wulven Pup
    Type - Wulven Ally
    Cost - 1
    Attack/Health - 0/3

When you cast a Wulven ally Wulven Pup gains +1/+0
    Last edited by Wes Davis; 08-23-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    New key word: Spread (X)
    When you summon a card with Spread, you may pay additional (X) cost. If it was spread, the ability after Spread is overwrited the nomal ability.

3) Flashfreeze
    Mage Ability
    Cost - 4
    Target opponent hero or ally takes 2 ice damage, and is frozen for 1 turn.
    Spread (2) (you may pay an additional (X) cost as you summon this card.) :
    If it was spread, Target hero or ally is frozen for 2 turns instead.

4) Giantstalker
    Wulven Ally - Wulven
    Cost - 5
    Attack/Health - 4/5
    Steadfast.
    Spread (1) : If it was spread, Giantstalker has stealth for 1 turn.

5)Tigercalling
    Hunter Ability - Support
    Cost - 3
    Duration 3. At the start of your turn, a 1/1 tiger ally token with haste is summoned under your control.
    Spread (2) : If it was spread, Duration 5 instead.
    **clarification**
    If you summon this card by 3cost, 2 ally tokens are summoned at most. If by 5cost, 4 ally tokens at most.

Btw, I don't have naming sense. I hope anyone find good name...
    Last edited by Biasair; 08-25-2013 at 10:23 PM. Reason: corrected (3) pic and added clarification of (5)
    Biasair - The rapid sharpshooter of A1
    Evolution in Theory

Blog | Deck Builder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The point with these is that the only current strategy here is mid-range. Trading allis with allies and overwhelm with them to win is pretty much repetitve. Zhanna pretty much leans to control strategy but she just does the same as the others, but slower. Maybe Elad rush as a another strategy but that's it. So this is my take on some control cards other than Tidal Wave (minus Braxnonian Squire).

(2) Smite the Damned
    Type: Priest Ability
    Text: Target opposing ally is exiled and you take damage equal to its resource cost.

(2) Smite the Damned v.2
    Text: Target opposing ally with cost 3 is exiled. You gain 1 life.

(8) Avatar of Negetia
    4/8
    Type: Human Ally – Unique
    Text: Steadfast. When Avatar of Negetia is summoned, draw 4 cards and gain 4 life. At the beginning of your turn, gain 1 life and draw 1 card.

(3) Be Gone Monstrosity!
    Text: Target opposing ally with cost of 3 or more is exiled.
    Flavor: “It has never belonged to our world”

(8) One who Ends All
    5/7
    Type: Shadow Ally – Unique
    Text: Defender. When One Who Ends All is summoned, deal 5 damage to target opposing ally or hero, then the owner of the ally or hero discards 2 cards at random. You gain 5 life.

(7) Doom
    Type: Neutral Ability
    Text: Everything on play is killed.
    Note: No flavor text because I think it will ruin the impact of the card text.

(2) Braxnonian Squires
    2/1
    Type: Human Ally
    Text: When Braxnonian Squires enters play, put a 1/1 Human token into play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Name: Lash of Flames
    Cost: 5
    Type: Hero Item – Weapon (Mage, Elemental)
    Attack: 2 (Fire Damage)
    Durability: 3
    Effect: Whenever an opposing ally takes fire damage, you draw a card.
    Flavor: “Beware the Flail of Fire”

Name: Warships
    Cost: 3
    Type: Warrior Ability
    Effect: Target Warrior ally is summoned from your deck at no cost, or target Warrior ability is added from your deck to your hand.
    Flavor: “Their great sails bring the troops to the front lines”

Name: Vicious Mauling
    Cost: 3
    Type: Wulven Ability - Attachment
    Effect: Attach to target friendly Wulven Ally. It has +1 attack in combat against allies, and when it kills an ally, all other opposing allies take 1 damage.
    Flavor: “No mercy”

Also, one I had mocked up previously. Artwork is just by me (quite obviously I'd imagine). More ideas coming eventually.
    Last edited by tman507; 08-23-2013 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Added picture
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The Twilight Tribe Series.
    Remind me of Native Americans....so in homage to their tribe I bring you:

Twilight Tribe Warrior
    Human ally
    4cc
    4/4
    Twilight Tribe Warrior is immune to attachments
    "Immunity is a double edged sword"

Tecumseh of the Twilight
    Human ally - unique
    5cc
    4/4
    Tecumseh is immune to attachments.
    Tecumseh is immune to poison.
    Tecumseh takes one less damage from electrical, fire, and ice damage sources.
    "He is only a man...but what a man!"

Twilight Tribe Scout
    Human ally
    3cc
    1/5
    When Twilight Scout is summoned, one random card of all opponents' hands are revealed and stay revealed until they are played
    (2cc) Reveal a random card in opponent's hand. This card remains revealed until they are played.
    "The best scouts in the Balor bar none"

Twilight Tribe Shaman
    Human ally
    4cc
    2/5
    When Twilight Shaman is summoned, return any target attachment to your hand.
    Twilight Tribe Shaman is immune to attachments
    "Wise and tough as old leather"
    Last edited by Mongoosey; 08-26-2013 at 04:24 PM.
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/

plo

Divine Cloak(R)
    Hero Item - Armor(priest)
    5cc
    3 defense // 3 durability
    3se: target friendly hero or ally heals 4 damage
    "It's protection come from above"

Explanation: I feel that priests have some though time against rush decks, specially Jericho. And besides this Jericho needs more ways of spending his unused shadow energy.

Rampant Berserker(C)
    Warrior Ability - Attachment
    3cc
    Attach to target friendly ally. That ally has +2 attack. When you end your turn that ally gains +1 base attack and loses 1 health.
    "Damn, I'm so angry!"

Explanation: This card fits well the warrior flavor. As was said by Soothslyr in a spoiler, the warrior class just rush into combat with little regard for their health, and they are always very angry.

Restless(C)
    Warrior Ability
    2cc
    If target friendly ally attacked target opposing hero or ally this turn, it attacks him again.
    "I guess I'll just hit you again"

Explanation: Many players have asked to make it possible for warriors to attack more than once in a turn, and here's a noteworthy example. This indicates that it's something many players want to have. If so why not let them have it?

Disrupt Falcon(C)
    Hunter Item - Trap
    3cc
    Play face down. The next time an opposing player declares an attack, it is cancelled.
    "He can come in handy if you need"

Explanation: The current traps do not leave the opponent guessing so much, they think more or less like this: "Well, since that thing is not an Enchanted Oak, because very few competitive players have it. Then it won't do a thing unless I summon an ally". I want to stop this line of reasoning and make it the case that whatever you do there is a trap capable of undoing, so that you get anxious and insecure when you see one.

Energy Leech(R)
    Elemental Ally - Unique
    5cc
    3 attack // 5 health
    When ability damage would be dealt to Energy Leech, it heals the same amount instead.
    "Be careful not to feed it"

Explanation: As was said by Mojumbo here, Eladwen's best match-up is Elementalis. I guess this is because of her direct damage abilities and cards like Retreat! and Dagger of Unmasking.
    I could give steadfast to Elementalis, but I didn't for 2 reasons:
    1) It does not fit so well the elemental flavor.
    2) It would make rogues have even more trouble dealing with Elementalis, as they also use with some frequency Retreat! and Dagger of Unmasking.
    So I tried to find a way of allowing Elementalis to deal efficiently with direct damage abilities, and consequently mages.

Vincent Hollister(R)
    Rogue Ally - Unique
    4cc
    3 attack // 4 health
    Friendly allies have ambush. 2cc: Target opposing ally loses all passive abilities.
    "From where he came there exist only 2 things: profit and fear"

Explanation: From my personal experience I can tell that rogues have trouble dealing with Elementalis, specially when he uses Wulven Savage. The reason is that rogues have very few means of permanently getting rid of a WS:
    1) Layarian Diplomat
    2) Keeping a Jasmine Rosecult alive
    3) Marshland Sentinel
    4) Assassination
    5) Special Delivery(you need more than 1 if he's Elementalis-buffed)
    6) Black Garb

As you can see from the list above rogues don't have many viable ways of dealing with WS, and they are also very hard to execute.

I made Vincent to help rogues to deal with Elementalis-buffed Ironhide Karash, Wulven Savage and Molten Destroyer.

Vincent's passive ability fits well the rogue's flavor because they "attack from behind" and "gang-up on the enemy". And so does his active ability because they resort to cunning and cheap tricks.

Fleeting Presence(U)
    Priest Ability - Attachment
    3cc
    Attach to target friendly ally. Target friendly ally has +3 health. When Fleeting Presence is target and destroyed, the ally it was attached to heals X health, where X is the difference between his current and maximum health, has all negative effects removed and gains +3 base attack.
    "<Vozits, Ellos, or whichiever of the Seven you like> may leave may body, but never my memory."

Explanation: Players usually consider Jericho like a weaker version of Zhanna, and a very reactionary hero that is good only if you know you will face an attachment-heavy field. Not only this but he is not very original either, because his playing style is almost the same as Zhanna's. I want to break this paradigm and make a card that works only with Jericho. Besides this card also gives him an useful way of using his shadow energy.
    Last edited by plo; 09-05-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, now its my turn. Hope you like it!

Name: Twilight Shaman
    Cost: 3cc
    Type: Human Ally - Twilight
    Effect: When Twilight Shaman enters play, you may transfer 3 health from it to target friendly ally. When Twilight Shaman is killed, target opposing hero or ally takes 1 damage.
    Attack/Health: 2/4
    Flavor: “Twilight can ease your pain, but can also bring it to you…”

Why this card: It’s definitely a card that i can see people using in many strategies, since it can of course be useful in standard decks, buffing those ‘default’ jasmines and/or Aldons, but it can also add more consistency to specific strategies around specific Allies.

Name: Faithful Apprentice
    Cost: 2cc
    Type: Priest Ally
    Effect: When Faithful Apprentice reaches 0 health, instead of being killed, you may spend 2 Shadow Energy to restore its life.
    Attack/Health: 2/3
    Flavor: “My faith sustains me.”

Why this card: I think Priests need something to help in the early game, where the class always struggle. FA can buy you sometime, saving cards while you seek for a WS. Faithful Apprentice fits Priests play stile, as you must always analyze if you should spend those 2 SE to keep it in play, instead of healing yourself (Zhanna) next turn or not saving SE to future draws with WS.

Name: Noble Sacrifice
    Cost: 2cc
    Effect: Target friendly ally that can be damaged and is not exhausted is killed. Target opposing Hero or ally loses health equal to sacrificed ally’s attack.
    Flavor: “My sacrifice… It won’t be in vain…”

Why this card: I like the idea, and while I first thought about making it an Elemental ability, I thought it would be too OP with shadow allies and those high attack numbers.

Name: Gravebone’s Staff
    Type: Mage item - Artifact
    Effect: Friendly allies that enter play from graveyard gains + 1 attack and +1 health.
    Flavor: “Reborn! Stronger than before!”

Why this card: GB is a very fun Hero to play, but he clearly needs some incentive to make allies based strategies more viable and get away a little from traditional mindless burn strats.

Name: Suicidal Saboteur
    Type: Rogue Ally
    Effect: When Suicidal Saboteur is summoned, target opposing player gains control over it. At the start of Suicidal Saboteur controller’s turn, all friendly allies lose 1 health.
    Attack/Health: 0/2
    Flavor: “The mission will succeed, even if i have to die for this.”

Why this card: I like the concept, and while I’m not a great fan of Rogues, I think this card fits more its flavor.
    Last edited by Warrada; 08-25-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Resign

2cc Shadow ability

Target ally is returned to its owner's hand.

"Fight never, ever again!"

Now Shadow has Retreat too. :P
    TJ Minato

TJ's Yellow Flash

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So seriously, can someone tell me how to post an image without having to insert it with a URL? I just want to add it from a folder on my computer. I normally can just add an image from a folder of mine, but not now. Help please.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator