Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wanna be a Squaddie in my XCOM army? (chance to win a copy of XCOM as well)

Just doing an LP with viewer interaction, thought I'd announce it here, so in case you wanted to be a character in one of my upcoming LPs - you'd have a chance to sign up

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    What is xcom?
    The blazing fury of my wrath shall be the end of your meaningless oblivion!
    Warrior of the all mighty Great and powerful one!
    Elemental lord,
    doom bringer of the heavens,
    conquerer of all life
    Shadow
    Elementals,
    United

Kids 'n Teens

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Add me in the list of people that will probably end up dead.

Name: danae
    class: support

Sprinter
    Field Medic
    Rifle Suppression
    Dense Smoke
    Savior
    Inspiration
    Mind Control

Finished this on Normal Ironman yesterday. Trying out Classic Ironman now. What copy of the game are you giving out? I'm assuming PC? I wouldn't mind getting a chance at that as I want to try out the mods available out there.

Also if you haven't done so already, check out beaglerush's xcom ironman impossible videos. Those were really fun to watch but he's stopped doing them.

Good luck and keep me alive if I make it as part of your team. I'm now off to go to my third mission.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heh, it'll be easy to keep people alive this first run, getting back into it on "Normal" Difficulty (I have only ever played it on ironman mode - to keep myself from the temptation of save cheating :P)

The idea is: Season 1 - Normal, when I beat normal, Season 2 - Classic, if I beat classic, Season 3 - Impossible

And yea, it'll be a PC version via steam.

World Championships 2nd Place Flycheung's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    flycheung; sniper

headshot; squad sight; damn good ground; battle scanner; opportunist; low profile; in the zone.

I figured being sniper that is stay far away from the action zone should see me last at least 2 season?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ARGAX THE MIGHTY View Post
    What is xcom?
    Its a squad turn based tactical game where you are in charge of a force called the X-COM Project that is designed to save earth from an alien invasion. In the game, if a squadmate is killed, he dies for good (no phoenix downs basically). If you play on Ironman mode, the game saves for you and you cannot revert any decision you make. This also means its possible to get game over and be forced to start from the very beginning. I'm also on my first ever X-COM run on Normal with Ironman mode and I'm probably not going to beat the aliens (I'm primarily failing at building a proper base and having enough Interceptors to take on UFOs). But I'm actually kind of excited to see how I do next time.

Also, fully promoted sniper op.
    (She took down 3 aliens in one turn xD)
    Last edited by Demnchi; 07-30-2013 at 03:47 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm honestly considering doing "Classical" difficulty... but dunno how I'd fare in the late game... not a fan of 'losing' my first broadcasted playthrough lol.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    Its a squad turn based tactical game where you are in charge of a force called the X-COM Project that is designed to save earth from an alien invasion. In the game, if a squadmate is killed, he dies for good (no phoenix downs basically). If you play on Ironman mode, the game saves for you and you cannot revert any decision you make. This also means its possible to get game over and be forced to start from the very beginning. I'm also on my first ever X-COM run on Normal with Ironman mode and I'm probably not going to beat the aliens (I'm primarily failing at building a proper base and having enough Interceptors to take on UFOs). But I'm actually kind of excited to see how I do next time.

Also, fully promoted sniper op.
    (She took down 3 aliens in one turn xD)
    How about killing the final boss in one turn?

Fucking Snipers

Classic shouldn't be too bad. Thin Men are actually semi-dangerous and the aliens are a bit more accurate but that's about it.
    Also, no Ironman = no respect.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Given that I finished the game in Normal Ironman on my first go, I would actually like to see you do it on Classic difficulty. I first tried in Classic difficulty but couldn't get past the first few missions so I restarted in Normal. However, once you've gotten the hang of it and don't go dashing about everywhere, I think Classic will be more interesting to watch. It would be quite boring IMHO if you steamroll through your encounters the majority of the time.

Also, losing (even the whole campaign) is something that should be a very distinct possibility and I doubt will not detract from your videos. Although, your season progress might be:

Season 1: Classic Ironman
    Season 2: Classic Ironman Take 2

So far in my Classic Ironman games, the AI appear to more intelligent than what they were in Normal.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sign me up!

FDL
    Heavy.

I was on the fence about buying the game. The gameplay looks nice (I liked the old one). I'll probably get it in the fall when my schedule frees up a bit.
    Last edited by FDL; 08-01-2013 at 01:25 AM.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis