Close

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I liked the part where he said he wanted to move on, in his new thread about something that happened ages ago.
    I'm pretty sure that he was saying he wanted to move on from harassing his former guild mates. Flynn is being rather adamant about how he feels that he did nothing wrong and indicates that he would continue exploiting the original glitch he found in Meltdown or any other glitch he finds in the game.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The multiple CotC/DP ratios thing is a feature, not a bug or an exploit. It will save the boosters independently for each ratio, so yes if you don't like 1:3 you can switch to 2:2, but you have to use those same 1:3 boosters eventually. So I fail to see how this has any effect on your weekly meltdown score, besides limiting you to certain ratios...

To be honest, I agree with guilds wanting to associate with respectable people with good sportsmanship. Why would you want to hang around with a cheater? Just waiting for him to stab you in the back?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    I am going to grab some popcorn.
    popcorn.gif
    Nerull7 - Backhand of Justice
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Nerull7 | Our Guild | Watch Epic BP Games: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
    Talk less crap, do more for community

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Thanks for the reminder Flynn, I'll have to disallow older versions to gain meltdown points because some people intentionally exploit old bugs and purposely don't upgrade their client. <sigh>
    Kyle. That's not what I said in my original post. You need to disallow old versions to log in at all! That way there is absolutely no complaints and that way I would actually know that there is a new version instead of relying on random people to tell me. There should also be a direct button on the log in screen which brings me to a place I can download the update so I don't have to go hunting for it.

As I said, if there is a glitch in the game I am allowed to use it to my advantage at will as long as I'm am not hacking or changing the game code - in fact, I as the user should assume that it is supposed to be that way if it's live server. It is Wulven's responsibility to inform/force me to upgrade through the method I stated above. Plenty of other games do that, it's nothing new.

I also like how you '<sigh>' hinting that we are to blame for Wulven's errors. You suggested a short term spaghetti fix of 'stopping older versions from gaining Meltdown points' rather than looking to the future and stopping future errors, like the suggestion I gave above (or looking for an even better one than I gave). This makes me feel that Wulven shies away from problems and takes the easy way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    interesting viewpoint, ... would you say ignoring that warnings is not a highly questionable decision?
    I was never warned by the game itself. I have absolutely no idea who is and is not a Wulven representative as it doesn't say anything about it in the game. Was I wrong to not listen to random people's opinions on what I should do? No. I can make up my own mind and I didn't want to have to go out of my way to find a cure for a glitch I was enjoying.

I am frustrated with all the assumptions people make on what 'sportsmanship' is and on what 'I should do'. If the game itself does not explicitly say I have do something then I don't have to do it. If the game allows me to do something as a user of the game it is my responsibility to assume it is allowed. It is very easy to inform/force people to upgrade in the code.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I liked the part where he said he wanted to move on, in his new thread about something that happened ages ago.
    1. I don't usually come on these forums a lot, I do have things to do.
    2. I wasn't referring to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    I'm pretty sure that he was saying he wanted to move on from harassing his former guild mates. Flynn is being rather adamant about how he feels that he did nothing wrong and indicates that he would continue exploiting the original glitch he found in Meltdown or any other glitch he finds in the game.
    That's exactly what I'm saying except that I don't feel I didn't do anything wrong, I know I didn't do anything wrong. I upgraded to the new version because I got bored of the glitch and I was tired of people harassing me. But yes, I would definitely exploit any new glitches to the fullest I can.

By not exploiting glitches we are telling Wulven that we as a community we are okay with Wulven pushing out code which isn't tested. People like me who exploit bugs force Wulven to produce better quality updates. You're welcome everyone
    Last edited by Flynn; 08-22-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    Flynn

My opinion on the BP guild and glitches in Shadow Era. I think it's <removed>.

Decks
    Zaladar - CotC Mill | Victor - CotC Solo | All my good decks are a secret

Card Design
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix Guild Cards | World Beyond - The Warlock's Grimoire | Trollface

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    As I said, if there is a glitch in the game I am allowed to use it to my advantage at will as long as I'm am not hacking or changing the game code - in fact, I as the user should assume that it is supposed to be that way if it's live server.

That's exactly what I'm saying. I upgraded to the new version because I got bored of the glitch and I was tired of people harassing me.
    You say that you SHOULD assume that it is supposed to be that way, yet you KNEW it should not. Accidental use of a glitch and exploiting are two completely different things...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Let me just say first that I haven't read the full thread.

Ok, that's cool.

If I got this right, you are blaming guilds for having policies against glitch and bug usage. What do I really have to work with here?

In general I don't really get the discussion. There's a game mechanic (a glitch, sure, but it's a game mechanic until fixed), there are no rules stating that you cannot use it so you are technically allowed to use it. Done.

There was a massive community backlash in The International 3 (Dota 2, in case you are wondering) when fountain hooks happened. It's practically the same situation except they were playing for a ~2,6 million dollar pricepool.

I didn't really get why people were upset then, I don't really get why people are upset now.

That doesn't change the "fact" that you went against a guild policy. The only problem I have with it is that guild policies aren't shown anywhere. Then again warnings were given and those pretty much state that it's a part of the guild's policy to not use "clever game mechanics". I think the guilds' actions are completely respectable.

but please do not invite me to your guild if you disagree with anything I've said in the above as I don't want to be with another guild which blames Wulven's problems on me
    Um... Wulven only made it possible for you to act against the guild in question. I don't think you can really shift blame here.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As I said, if there is a glitch in the game I am allowed to use it to my advantage at will as long as I'm am not hacking or changing the game code - in fact, I as the user should assume that it is supposed to be that way if it's live server.
    I'm sorry, but let me stop you right there. Just because an exploit exists it does not give you the right to use it to your advantage. In most other games, you would have been reported for exploiting and most likely banned temporarily, and then permanently if you continued. In online games such exploits are generally looked down upon by both the community and the game developers. This idea that its alright for you to intentionally abuse an exploit that was discovered is completely false. Of course, performing an exploit by mistake is one thing, doing it on purpose is another. Just because it is the game dev's responsibility to fix exploits it does not mean that it is alright to abuse them.

I will agree with you that older versions should never be allowed to play, I don't understand why that is the case myself. However, the above still applies, especially after you were warned by several people that what you were doing was wrong... and it is wrong. Using a glitch or exploit to give yourself an advantage is wrong and it should be treated as such. It does not simply turn into a game mechanic to abuse (I don't even know why anyone would think so...).
    Last edited by Demnchi; 08-22-2013 at 09:15 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I just wana up my post count
    I also wanna argue
    I like cheese
    So do mice but bc of my size...ima exploit the fact I can take them down and take all the cheese!
    I wonder how the mice feel??
    But when they come on my propety...bang!!
    Deadmou5
    So is the problem stemmin from flynn making a post about it?
    Is it fair he suffers harrassment? Is it right the game still gets hacked? I'm sure I read a post about not posting on that yet as game makers its ok he gets harrassed?
    I understand moral code. I'm not defending him or condeming him. Just curious.
    Also...while I'm at it...where is my cards Kyle!
    Now.....pass the popcorn Ralph.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    O n speakin of glitches...I miss pokemon red/blue.
    One master ball is bullshit!
    Just sayin...how many people here played and exploited that lol. Guilty! Me!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    I am going to grab some popcorn.
    Pass the popcorn , please!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread