Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Smile Why using a glitch to your advantage is NOT wrong.

How I discovered the Meltdown Glitch and my response

It all began when I was playing Meltdown and I had built a deck around looping 3 Shadow Knights with Moonstalker. I was playing well and winning and had a Shadow Knight in my opening hand but as the game progressed I was getting more and more worried that the last 2 Shadow Knights were right near the bottom of the deck. Eventually I turned over the last two cards in my deck and I was shocked to find that my Shadow Knights weren't there. I had no other way to deal damage so eventually I lost. I was shocked so I re-watched the game and noticed I had about 4 less cards than the 30 card deck minimum and I figured out that those cards which had been removed were any doubles, triples, quadruples which I had put in my Meltdown deck.

Realizing I was now at a severe disadvantage due to some glitch IN THE LIVE SERVER. I put my brain to work and realized that I could try and use this awful situation to my advantage by creating rush decks. I would intentionally put in every single duplicate card into my deck to get my deck size down to size 18-23 and fill all my spare slots with rush tactic cards. When the game isn't glitched I normally win Meltdown about 75% of the time (because I'm good) and after I applied this small deck tactic to overcome my disadvantage I was able to pull my win/loss ratio back up to about 75%. There was still plenty of times I lost because if my enemy could stop the rush I'd run out of cards and die.

Was what I did wrong?

Obviously not. I was trying my best to overcome a challenging obstacle which Wulven put on me by not testing their game enough before releasing it to live server (a common issue). If Wulven puts a glitch in the live game it completely fine to use the glitch to your advantage because it is technically part of the game. It is then Wulven's job to fix the glitch and ensure that every player is using the updated version. Should I have to go out of my way and try and figure out how to download this updated version? No. Wulven should make the games auto-update or at least make it very obvious by not allowing players on old clients to log in and providing a link to the updated version on the log-in screen. It is not my responsibility to fix Wulven's mistakes.

What did BP think of this?

For whatever reason BP decided what I did was a terrible and awful thing and blamed me instead of Wulven. BP Mip (the leader of the BP guild) kicked me out of BP and publically insulted me by following me around in games harassing me; so much and so often that I had to turn my chat off to play my favourite card game in peace. For that I would not personally recommend ever joining the BP guild until BP Mip leaves it or unless you really like to blame people for things out of their control.

What was my reaction to this?

I strongly disliked what BP Mip and all the BP members who agreed with him did to me so I gave them a hard time about this for a while. I'm tired of it now and I'd like to move on.

Where do I stand now?

Apparently A1 and AA1 agree with BP Mip and don't want me in their guilds as well because they think I've done some terrible thing. I am currently open to guild invites as I'm an excellent player but please do not invite me to your guild if you disagree with anything I've said in the above as I don't want to be with another guild which blames Wulven's problems on me.

I don't feel I've said anything offensive or untrue in this post. I apologize if you feel I have, it's not my intention at all.

Have a nice day
    Last edited by Flynn; 08-22-2013 at 04:10 AM.
    Flynn

My opinion on the BP guild and glitches in Shadow Era. I think it's <removed>.

Decks
    Zaladar - CotC Mill | Victor - CotC Solo | All my good decks are a secret

Card Design
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix Guild Cards | World Beyond - The Warlock's Grimoire | Trollface

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm... so in your opinion, when there was a bug before where closing the app (usually done by people when they were losing) caused your opponent to automatically lose or get their game frozen, that was perfectly fine to exploit because it was Wulven's problem?

Or the time where closing the app when you were losing would not cause you to lose rating so that some people were able to climb the ratings all the way to the top?

Or the time where players would use old versions of the game to play against their dummy accounts to climb the ratings to the top?

Interesting...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok Flynn,
    This is all news to me, but I see one little problem when you say the glitch was out of your control, if you could download, upload or otherwise acquire the unglitched version of the game, why not.

I mean I loved the test server and all the funny things that happened with heros and cards and abilities, but once fixed they are out of bounds.

So if I've got this straight, you intentionally did not update your game to get rid of this issue with duplicate cards? And then still played meltdown , with the older version, to win. if so , yes you were cheating. It would be like playing baseball with rules from 1920. Or driving a car that is horribly unsafe on the road just because you can.

As for your guild interactions, I am not a member and will say nothing.

But if the update was there and you didn't use it then you were playing a game from the past that is no longer valid. Hence your victories are not. Even if u got all the Gold.
    Sorry bro but if I understand this correctly, that was wrong.
    Besides, we are all players in this game and count on each other to keep the Wulven people up to speed. Yes I know it's not our job, but we are his customers and play testers in a sence, the forums are a community, and we hope that each member would help to make it better. I'm not saying your bad or anything like that! Hell you found a loop hole! But that's when you help the game get better and help us all enjoy the game

I'm sure hoping this will wash over soon and things will get back to normal , like waiting for the next new cards! ( hint hint)
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So because Wulven let a bug slip through the cracks onto the live server it is ok to use said bug to one's advantage?

I would have to disagree with the notion that no wrongs were committed in this case since more sportsmanship and quite frankly tact, and professionalism would have been shown if said glitch was Immediately reported. This would get the word out so that people will be discouraged from utilizing the glitch until Wulven would be able to rectify the issue.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    interesting viewpoint,
    but what about the warnings that have been sent that told you to stop abusing the bug and update your client (which made the glitch possible as I heard)?

would you say ignoring that warnings is not a highly questionable decision?

or do you wanna say you got no warnings sent (not by any BP, also not by any wulven representative)?

I am not speaking for a1 here, only for myself... but if you really got that warnings sent,
    and if you really ignored those... then this is extremely wrong IMO
    A1 Icebear: A1's Glacial Claws of Fury

A1 Evolution in Theory

check out SE Toolbox, deck building & analyzing & probability calculations all in one tool:
    video
    download

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, A1 didn't accept your application because we think that using a glitch to your advantage (thing that you finally admitted you did) is wrong, and we don't support that kind of behavior and we never will.

It's not your responsibility to fix Wulven's mistakes, but it's up to your sportsmanship not to use them to your advantage. Specially when you're asked not to by your guild leader and by a Wulven representative.

If you think otherwise then clearly A1 is not the right place for you, given our rules.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post
    Yes, A1 didn't accept your application because we think that using a glitch to your advantage (thing that you finally admitted you did) is wrong, and we don't support that kind of behavior and we never will.

It's not your responsibility to fix Wulven's mistakes, but it's up to your sportsmanship not to use them to your advantage. Specially when you're asked not to by your guild leader and by a Wulven representative.

If you think otherwise then clearly A1 is not the right place for you, given our rules.
    Agree.

I am also intrigued by what everyone else feels about the 'reshuffle booster bug'. I guess I will find that thread and see what has been said about it. (And maybe necro it)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the reminder Flynn, I'll have to disallow older versions to gain meltdown points because some people intentionally exploit old bugs and purposely don't upgrade their client. <sigh>

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Thanks for the reminder Flynn, I'll have to disallow older versions to gain meltdown points because some people intentionally exploit old bugs and purposely don't upgrade their client. <sigh>
    Hahaha, thanks, nice.

Can u also fix the 'choose-the-boosters-ratio-then-see-cards-they-suck-quit-md-rechoose-ratio-haha' bug if u have the time, please, thanks!