Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I wish you'd get a win when someone quit

I started a Ter Adun deck. It's not very good. But, it seems like when ever I get matched up against a weapon specific deck they just quit the game.

And I'm thinking it's not fair. I should get credit for a win if they run for the hills when they see me coming. Otherwise I'm in a situation where I'm only playing against decks that are good against me. And that's kind of a crappy situation.

So, who's with me? Could we get credit for wins without having to wait a few turns? What's the point of that anyway?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Davis View Post
    I started a Ter Adun deck. It's not very good. But, it seems like when ever I get matched up against a weapon specific deck they just quit the game.

And I'm thinking it's not fair. I should get credit for a win if they run for the hills when they see me coming. Otherwise I'm in a situation where I'm only playing against decks that are good against me. And that's kind of a crappy situation.

So, who's with me? Could we get credit for wins without having to wait a few turns? What's the point of that anyway?
    On ranked quick match, if ur opponent leave soon enough so both of u dont get exp/gold, u still have ur rank point up. CMIIW

World Championships 2nd Place Flycheung's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm sure someone will able to give more comprehensive answer. In short, the one main reason is to avoid exploiter abusing the system if it reward the player who won on turn 1.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well technically, if he quits on the first few turns, the victory is not properly "earned".
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Davis View Post
    ...I should get credit for a win if they run for the hills when they see me coming. Otherwise I'm in a situation where I'm only playing against decks that are good against me. And that's kind of a crappy situation.
    I agree -- at least you should get credit for the Win and gain Rank; without Gold or Exp though. This will be even more necessary as more play-styles develop, creating more auto-loss conditions. Or perhaps penalize the quitter by deducting Gold and Exp.

People work off of incentives -- if the incentive to quit is greater than to play, that's what people will do.
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is definitely a problem that needs to be adressed.
    Evil players can tech their decks and pick only matching fights.
    Other players either lose time for cancelled fights or face uphill battles agains teched decks.

As Flycheung noted, it is not possible to give gold/exp to the first turn winner for possible abuse (grinding gold).
    But Wulven protects only itself, not suffering players. Taking away ranking points of the quitter
    is painfully inadequate, it only protects veterans up the ladder at the expense of beginners.

Usual solution in other CCGs is that AI takes control instead of the quitting player.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by msaf View Post
    Usual solution in other CCGs is that AI takes control instead of the quitting player.
    ooooo, interesting twist, I like it! It's a possible solution, anyway.

-

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by cycle View Post
    i don't see a problem with the current solution. no accomplishment - no reward.
    I disagree; it is an accomplishment to make somebody quit automatically -- they are surrendering at what they feel are overwhelming odds of losing and don't want to have to go through the agony of it. So you won, fair and square. And with Wulven's rules you get <drum roll, please> nothing for the victory, other than you just wasted your time.

I get why, due to potential abuse, but it needs to be a steeper penalty for quitting if we can't give a full reward to the winner.

The quitter should lose the Gold and Exp that the winner would have won, as well as lose rank for the loss.

-

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This has been discussed quite a bit. The only viable change would be to increase penalty for the one quitting. Loss of XP and gold would be another deterrent. However, that certainly won't stop everyone from quitting.
    Benevolent Blade of Truth
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Sailas

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yes. let the air take over. good solution. why isn't this done?