Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Reaper Lance [DP]

Hey everyone! It's been ages since I posted anything meaningful, so I felt like sharing a deck with you today. It's nothing really out of the ordinary, but it's fun to play, and seems to win a lot here's the list:

Hero
    1 Lance

Allies(21)
    4 Nightshade
    2 Agent rex
    4 Jasmine Rosecult
    4 Aldon the Brave
    4 Raven Wildheart
    2 Aeon Stormcaller
    1 Karlstrad, Ruler of Gaderi

Abilities(15)
    2 Retreat!
    2 Assassination
    4 Ill-gotten Gains
    4 Stop Thief!
    3 treasured Heirloom

Weapons(4)
    4 Anklebreaker

41 Cards

And... Firesnake sleeves, because they make any deck OP XD

So here are the card explanations although most are pretty self evident

Night Shade- The best 2cc for rogues imo. It stays on the field for a really long time usually, doing little bits of damage at a time, andhas great synergy with assassination.

Agent Rex- I chose this guy as my other 2cc ally because he is a lot like night shade. He has good survivability, and a nice , albeit situational ability. Admittedly, puwen might be a better competitive choice, but I just like Rex's art so much better :P

Jasmine Rosecult- A great overall ally, with solid 3/4 stats. Warped in with Lance's ability, she is one of the best allies for taking back board control (because attack+ability out of the blue is so devastating).

Aldon the Brave- We all know how amazing aldon is... do I really need to explain? He's unique, and there's 4 copies, so don't be too afraid to sac them.

Raven Wildheart- Wheeee Raven+Lance's ability=Complete awesomeness! Raven is just too powerful not to have 4 copies... I love this card...

Aeon Stormcaller- He's one of the biggest beefiest allies out there, and really secures the win late game by keeping your other allies same while you smash your opponent's face in.

Karlstrad, Ruler of Gaderi- He's a fun one to play with, but not super necessary. He sure can dish out the damage, and has super badass art, so I decided to put him in. He's good as a 1x finisher, but if you can't afford him, another aeon would fill his place just fine.

Retreat!- This card is excellent for board control. Early in the game this card can be a life saver against rush decks. If you have no nightshade t2, use this to return your opponent's 2 drop.

Assassination- A great kill card that has excellent synergy with Rex and Shade. It's just an all around great card.

Ill-Gotten Gains- This is definitley one of the best draw engines in the game. Try to put it down t4 so that you can start drawing boatloads of cards.

Stop Thief!- Only focused prayer can compete with this in terms of item destruction. It's a great defense against weapon users, and an overall good card to have around (put 4x in all your rogue decks).

Treasured Heirloom- This is nice supplemental draw, with an added damage boost. It's a good way to take out big allies, and keep your hand full.

Anklebreaker- Wow this card is great! you can 8 damage and stun opposing allies 4 turns in a row. It's one of the strongest weapongs in the game.

Yeah, so I think that's it... This deck doesn't have a whole lot of bad matchups. Moonstalker can be annoying if he uses captured prey on all your big allies and hides his own allies for a few turns in a row. that can be tricky to deal with. Elementals can also be a problem if they have too many mind controls. In general though, this deck is very strong, and stands a good chance against anyone. Lance is an expert of winning board control, and keeping ahead of your opponent's tempo... If you have any questions, just ask

-Mewtwo out
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
    Enlightened Technological Creature
    A Proud Member of ETC
    My 10 step guide to deck building
    My published 1.6 decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Me myself have found that A Legends Rise is such an awesome card for Lance. It's like a more aggresive version of Assassination. What do you think?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Honestly I've never really tried it out with lance before... Does it really work that well? It sounds deadly if you have a stealthed ally out , but under other circumstances it seems like it might be less effective (because of the 4 cost, and the cards disadvantage of attachments)
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
    Enlightened Technological Creature
    A Proud Member of ETC
    My 10 step guide to deck building
    My published 1.6 decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew Two View Post
    Honestly I've never really tried it out with lance before... Does it really work that well? It sounds deadly if you have a stealthed ally out , but under other circumstances it seems like it might be less effective (because of the 4 cost, and the cards disadvantage of attachments)
    You are often gonna kill things with aLR in the same turn as you play it, so the disadvantage will instead be even. Think a bit, you can use it on a CB'ed ally as you can do with Assassination. It's a really good card in a ally-centric build like this.
    Last edited by FlyingFerrari; 08-19-2013 at 08:39 AM. Reason: added smiley

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It is such a troll when you play A Legend Rises on Nightshade or Rider of Ellos vs Amber. Or on Karlstrad with 4 Nightshades out. :O
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Reaper Lance [DP]

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFerrari View Post
    Me myself have found that A Legends Rise is such an awesome card for Lance. It's like a more aggresive version of Assassination. What do you think?
    I too really like ALR with Lance, as FF noted it is a aggressive version of assassination but then it sticks around for more damage. Or also like what was said put it in a crippled ally and it's a surprise to opp
    Proud Member of ETC Guild!
    Enjoying The Camaraderie

IGN: ETC SuperGrover

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikola D View Post
    It is such a troll when you play A Legend Rises on Nightshade or Rider of Ellos vs Amber. Or on Karlstrad with 4 Nightshades out. :O
    ALR on a Rider is def a killer or a beefed up Karl now that's going to go some Damage.
    Proud Member of ETC Guild!
    Enjoying The Camaraderie

IGN: ETC SuperGrover