Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Help please: Anyway to improve this Boris deck?

1 x Boris

4x Blake
    1x Jasmine
    4 x Sandra
    4 x Aldon
    3 x Aeon

2 x Valiant
    1 x War Banner
    1 x Smashing Blow
    2 x Enrage
    2 x Crippling Blow
    4 x Blood Frenzy
    1 x Kings Pride

30 cards total.

Basically the highest score i've got to is 380, then i hit a wall of Elementals and went down to 360, then made an anti-elemental Boris deck (which worked alright) and got trashed by everything else, and now i'm just hovering around 350-360 with this deck.

It could be me sacrificing the wrong cards and stuff, but i basically do well against everything but Elementals, unless i'm really lucky on the draw and they're really unlucky.

I don't have Puwen cos i prefer casting some other 2 point spell if i have no Blake, like Valiant or Blood Frenzy.

I'd consider taking War Banner and Smashing Blow out, they're not very consistent, sometimes useful. Maybe Puwen instead of them?

There's probably something i'm missing which someone else can spot? I'd quite like to get back up the the high 300s again if it's possible. I don't want to change deck though, i'd like to work with what i've got until this game is further developed.
    Last edited by bollox; 04-05-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    personally id take out the smashing blow and the war banner for 2 more crippling blows. but it seems like a pretty solid deck to me.

id probably also swap the jasmine for an extra valiant. or a 4th aeon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Problem with that is with Elementals though. If i go against them Crippling Blows and Aeons are pretty high on my list for sacrificing if they turn up at the beginning, cos of Transference & MC. The only way i seem to do well against Elementals is if i get lots of cheaper allies out, and have more for backup if they cast their wipe-out spell.
    Last edited by bollox; 04-05-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bollox View Post
    1 x Boris

4x Blake
    1x Jasmine
    4 x Sandra
    4 x Aldon
    3 x Aeon

2 x Valiant
    1 x War Banner
    1 x Smashing Blow
    2 x Enrage
    2 x Crippling Blow
    4 x Blood Frenzy
    1 x Kings Pride

30 cards total.

Basically the highest score i've got to is 380, then i hit a wall of Elementals and went down to 360, then made an anti-elemental Boris deck (which worked alright) and got trashed by everything else, and now i'm just hovering around 350-360 with this deck.

It could be me sacrificing the wrong cards and stuff, but i basically do well against everything but Elementals, unless i'm really lucky on the draw and they're really unlucky.

I don't have Puwen cos i prefer casting some other 2 point spell if i have no Blake, like Valiant or Blood Frenzy.

I'd consider taking War Banner and Smashing Blow out, they're not very consistent, sometimes useful. Maybe Puwen instead of them?

There's probably something i'm missing which someone else can spot? I'd quite like to get back up the the high 300s again if it's possible. I don't want to change deck though, i'd like to work with what i've got until this game is further developed.
    Personally, I would:

Swap 1 Aldon for 1 Jasmine
    Remove both Enrages (mediocre card despite how much it's run; shouldnt make it into a 30 card deck imho)
    Remove Pride
    Remove War Banner

Up your Smashing Blow/Valiant/Cripple count, possibly your creature count (add the 4th Aldon back, more Jasmines).
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, thanks Calm, I'll try that. The thought of removing Enrage hadn't even occured to me. I always think of it as a "game saver", but now i think about it in the last 15 matches it's maybe saved my ass once, whearas C. Blow and Valiant have been much better. Taking Enrage out makes me more comfortable than taking smashing too, so will give it a roll.

Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Basically, +crippling and +valiant and you should be okay.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I will add 1 shield bash or 1 special delivery for a surprise attack just in case ^^

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Has the Mind Control/Aeon bug been fixed?

If not, Aeon is quite a threat to Elemental decks.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No, it hasn't been fixed.

Just played against a Zaladar deck whose owner had a rating of 220.

Zaladar skill cleared the floor of the early rush, 3 transfers took away my Sandras and the 1 Blood Frenzy which popped up, taking my tempo clean away, then MC finished off what was left.

That's just bollocks. How is any of that about skill? Something really needs to be done to fix it. Until then, i'm quitting against elementals turn 1 unless i go 1st and have a great opening hand. Chances of that? Not likely.