Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Working on getting the gold for those changes now. I'll shoot for the PotL, so that I can have a little recovery against Mages. Think I can use Armored Sandworms instead of Aeon for the time being? I can afford two of those right now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatPastor View Post
    Working on getting the gold for those changes now. I'll shoot for the PotL, so that I can have a little recovery against Mages. Think I can use Armored Sandworms instead of Aeon for the time being? I can afford two of those right now.
    Sandworm is a viable alternative to aeon.

I suggest you create a zaladar farming deck if you want to earn gold fast without spending real money.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Deck-Building*

goodluck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I created a new Screenname...starting over so that I can create the farming deck first, then build back up to my Serena deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The new SN is CombatMinister, so once I start using the deck in Quick Matches, you'll be able to see how it runs.

Finally got the deck together. For sake of time and gold, I went with Armored Sandworms - so here's the current set. Thoughts on how to make it more competitive?

Serena Thoughtripper 39 Cards + Hero

x4 Nightshade
    x3 Priest of the Light
    x3 Aldon the Brave
    x3 Night Owl
    x3 Lily Rosecult
    x2 Armored Sandworm
    (18 Allies)

x3 Assassination
    x4 Stop, Thief!
    x2 Treasured Heirloom
    (9 Abilities)

x3 Ill-Gotten Gains
    x4 Anklebreaker
    x3 Black Garb
    x2 Fan of Blades
    (12 Items)

I'm a little concerned about the draw power - thinking of adding in another Ill-Gotten Gains. Also testing to see how long I'll keep using Armored Sandworms... or will I Use both Armored Sandworm and Aeon Stormcaller? So many decisions. lol
    Last edited by CombatPastor; 08-29-2013 at 03:55 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Updated the OP with the new deck. Still need help making this deck better. Ideas?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    -Ally-wise, I don't see too much of a problem other than the abundance of 2x's. Just seems like it'll make ally draws too random.
    -I'm not sure why you have Ley Line Nexus in a Rogue deck, Stop Thief is usually more than enough.
    -Dunno why IGG n' Anklebreaker, two of the most important Rogue cards, are only 3x.

When against a foe who floods the board, your best bet in dealing with them is Black Garb + Anklebreaker. Each one usually makes the opponent think about if it's worth it to attack or not. Of course, against Mages you can't have Garb and Spelleater Bands at the same time, so it depends on the situation. I'd say: if they have a lot of creatures out, use Garb; if they have a lot of cards in hand, use Bands; if both... good luck.

Another option could be Smoke Screen. As long as you have a few allies of your own, and possibly a weapon as well, you can disable their horde and cause a lot of damage while they're incapacitated.

Hope this helps.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry about that. Anklebreaker is at x4. I added Ley Line Nexus because I ran into a few decks where the 4 copies of Stop Thief weren't enough - aside from that Ley Line gives 1-for-1 exchange due to secondary 1-card draw. I could drop the two LLN add x2 Smoke Screen. Think I should up to x4 IGG and drop the Champion of Irums?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Seeing as IGG is your only mostly-permanent draw engine, and the extra draw from Owl, Fan, n' Nexus/Screen can only get you so far, I'd bump it up to 4x without hesitation. Even if you can tear down your opponent's hand, it doesn't mean crap if you don't have a hand of your own. What you drop for the extra copy is up to you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Time for an update - this is the recent version of the deck that I'm running. I've currently at a 211 rating, so we're getting there. I want to see just how far I can take Serena. Here's the current deck:

Serena Thoughtripper 41 + Hero

x4 Nightshade
    x2 Jasmine Rosecult
    x3 Aldon the Brave
    x2 Layarian Seductress
    x2 Lily Rosecult
    x2 Raven Wildheart
    x2 Aeon Stormcaller
    (17 Allies)

x2 Assassination
    x2 Retreat
    x4 Stop Thief!
    x2 Treasured Heirloom
    (10 Abilities)

x3 Ill-Gotten Gains
    x3 Black Garb
    x2 Spelleater Bands
    x4 Anklebreaker
    x2 Fan of Blades
    (14 Items)

So far the deck has run well. I've been enjoying comboing Retreat into Serena's ability to force a opponent to discard the heavy they had on the field. Thoughts?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, you'd know better than I would how your deck runs, but, I'd probably swap the 2 retreats for 2 more assassinations and change the 2 fan of blades for two dagger of unmakings.

Might swap out the spelleater Bands for Night Prowler as well.

Like I said, you probably know better though. I really haven't played Rogue yet. (working on my first deck)