Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good post and a lot of truth to it. Honestly, I do blame everything from the sun in my eyes to the old man across the street minding his business when I lose but I don't message it; my chat is turned off so I just fume silently to myself 'til I feel better.

I think one point isn't entirely accurate though. When you said that the people who say "I prefer to be original" are just afraid to face losing with a well constructed deck. While I'm sure there are cases when this is the case, it's not true for everyone. I've personally avoided copying a strong deck that someone posted 'cause to me it's just extremely boring to do so. No effort in making the deck; no trial and error to see what works, no racking your brain for a strategy that may have been missed, and then you won't get as much joy from winning 'cause it's almost like someone else did the work for you. Before anyone says it, I know it's not as simple as having certain cards in your deck that makes a winner, it's becoming familiar with that deck and who you're playing against to make good sac choices and such. But I still feel I won't get as much joy from winning using a posted deck.

And I'm not attacking whoisSAVAGE or anyone who's fine with using posted decks (seriously, be you), I'm just saying that most of the fun for me is making your own deck and trying to make it strong in your own way. Just putting a different viewpoint out on the forum. No disrespect and like I said, good post!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'm not grumpy. And I have read a few of savages articles. Not bad and very helpful. Its the reason behind the post.
    Let the people use excuses if they want. There even be a hint of truth to some. But be humble about your wins and accept your loss.
    I just didn't see a real reason to make a huge post to confirm what you think you know.

I'd delve more but alas. Kids. They need and I provide.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by cycle View Post
    can someone plz sum this up for me?
    actually, i think he is bitching about people making excuses for a loss.

for one, that is general human behavior not to blame yourself.

and two, sometimes its legit. sometimes it is bad drawing and it wasnt how you built your deck. clumps happen. and sometimes it is top decking the win card. and it wasnt how you built your deck. i have been in several games, that were very close and very good games. and i would top deck the win or they would. thats how it happens when the game is that close and good. (and sometimes one of us would lose when we didnt top deck the win card. i would of beat a boris the other day if i had gotten my last morphic armor using my zaladar. the game came down to the final few cards and my last morphic was still one of them in the deck).

sometimes the bitching is also more of appriciating a good game. that game with the boris was a very good game. almost epic. and me telling him about the morpic was me saying it was a good game and how close it was.
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 08-16-2013 at 08:58 AM.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Definitely not bitchin, just keepin it 100.
    IGN: Master Savage
    - 1st Place in 7/26/13 BP Challenge Tournament #7
    - 1st Place in 6/13/12 Pop-Up Tournament.
    Un-official Tournament Organizer.
    Ranked 2nd in Minnesota for Yugioh.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Honestly for me, the most important thing is to be truly happy so be truly happy. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!