Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Anyone found Focused Prayer is imbalance ?

Only 3 cc , destroy any item or support ability . This card is quite overpower IMO . It should be 4 cc or if priest play this card their allies cant att or use ability until the end of next turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Meh

Doesn't win games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it is fair enough.
    Every class have its own unique.
    Mage for example, specialized in doing direct damage. So they have easier access to any direct damage card in mage pool. Compare fireball and smite. Both of them cost 3. But mage's fireball do 4 damage while priest's smite only 3. This give example of how mage are more superior than priest (or other class generally) in terms of direct damage. But for balance, mage lost to warrior, rogue, or other class in terms of weapon. If we want to compare mage weapon with other class weapon, we can say that mage weapon are lacks attack damage, they just usually have stalling characteristic (dagger unmaking, voice of winter) to suit their way of winning by direct damage cards.
    So, with focused prayer being 3 cost are fair since one of priest specialty is easier access to item destruction. So of course other classes cannot do this same thing to make a difference, but still they have other more expensive way in item destruction such as ly line nexus, shriek of vengence, change of fortune, etc. remember, priest has weakness of lost early board control. Both of the 2 priests dont have hero ability that usually can change board control directly, especially in early game. So if they lost in early board control, they usually just rely on tidal wave (or ice storm if opponent allies only have 2 health or less). This makes priest usually want high resources (8-10) to win the game. So, if they have their weakness, they should also have their strength and one of these are item destruction with easier and cheaper access like focused prayer. Still, i must admit that priest are generally good in any matchup and flexible against almost any class as long as you play them right (it is not easy to control priest to win, eladwen rush is far easier to play )
    And in my opinion, i like stop thief more cos it give me additional resource. But still, stop thief and focus prayer are really the best item destruction in the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh the salt!
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree that every class has its own strong and weaknesses and the game should remain that feature. Priest has good support cards and tend to be the strongest at late game so why make them become more stronger at early. 4cc is fair for the best item destruction card.
    P/s: I dont hate priest this is just my opinion to make the game more balance bc lately Ive spent time watching ppl with more than 220 rating playing and Ive seen that almost all match up include priest hero, priest win.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If Focused Prayer specifically and Priests in general were that powerful, everyone would be playing them. Yes, they are a good class with few poor match ups, but they do have weaknesses. There is a reason they perform better in tournaments than in quick match. I suggest that if you think a card is overpowered, you try playing with it for a while and see how better players than yourself deal with it.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Best card by far in the priest pool so you just need to expect to see four copies in each deck and play your way round it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozy Don View Post
    Best card by far in the priest pool so you just need to expect to see four copies in each deck and play your way round it.
    I disagree. Tidal Wave is better.

Besides, I often run only 3 copies to spare some room. No, I'm not saying it's a bad card, and I usually do run 4 copies. But that card alone doesn't win games.

Besides, in my opinion there should be a decent item destruction for every class.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post

Besides, I often run only 3 copies to spare some room. No, I'm not saying it's a bad card, and I usually do run 4 copies. But that card alone doesn't win games.

Besides, in my opinion there should be a decent item destruction for every class.
    Pretty much.

The only thing I have against Tidal Wave is that it makes me look stupid half the time. First I contest the board with a guy or guys that, chances are, don't do anything to begin with, only for him/then to die to my own Tidal Wave on t5 or 6.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post

Agreed...on all points.
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/