Hey champ! Will you be on irc tonight? Needed some suggestions
    IGN AA1 DARKCROSSBOW dont call me a noob, say something that I dont know of

lone wolf of the east

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Guide-To-Traps

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Nope. Exhausting week... maybe next time...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    Probably extremely hard to get into top 100 now....

I tried and failed.

Who's in favor of a short reset?

(Just before project jasmine comes and have another new ladder.)
    Ouch tried with one of my accounts hit by decay. lost 16 rating from 2 games and only gained 2 from a win. At this rate I would need to have a streak of 9 to stay net possitive no kidding this is tough.

Also accidently typed 99 opposed to 9 .
    Last edited by qaz92zaq; 08-11-2013 at 03:42 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz92zaq View Post
    Ouch tried with one of my accounts hit by decay. lost 16 rating from 2 games and only gained 2 from a win. At this rate I would need to have a streak of 9 to stay net possitive no kidding this is tough.

Also accidently typed 99 opposed to 9 .
    Yeah, happened to me too. Strangely, the ratings are a bit haywire now. ESP, trying to restart a old decayed account.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play this game for second season and in my first one i finish 34th, now i am tryin to be better (currently 32th). I think its preatty easy to be in top100. Just grab some of those superdecks (I mostly use amber one), learn how to play it. Play a lot in first two weaks of season to reach somewhere around 300-320 rtg and than just play every 5 days... thats all. I made also another accound (Elad) bcs I wanted to play more often and reached top100 again. So lately I made another accound with win lose ratio 5:1 and stucked around 265 rtg. But the rating system is superstupid, so reach top 100 in second part of season from 0 is almost impassible. Basicly this system is about to climb as hight as possible in first days, and than do what you can to not fall so much. So I hope they will change it soon.
    Good luck you guys...

PS: I know you guys (Raphael and other best players) knows how it works. This was post for those who dont :-)
    Last edited by maskee; 08-11-2013 at 09:13 AM.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    lol, that wasn't a challenge, lol. btw, i started from zero...
    It is now ;D

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maskee View Post
    I play this game for second season and in my first one i finish 34th, now i am tryin to be better (currently 32th). I think its preatty easy to be in top100. Just grab some of those superdecks (I mostly use amber one), learn how to play it. Play a lot in first two weaks of season to reach somewhere around 300-320 rtg and than just play every 5 days... thats all. I made also another accound (Elad) bcs I wanted to play more often and reached top100 again. So lately I made another accound with win lose ratio 5:1 and stucked around 265 rtg. But the rating system is superstupid, so reach top 100 in second part of season from 0 is almost impassible. Basicly this system is about to climb as hight as possible in first days, and than do what you can to not fall so much. So I hope they will change it soon.
    Good luck you guys...

PS: I know you guys (Raphael and other best players) knows how it works. This was post for those who dont :-)
    Yup, that's pretty much it. Actually, IMO, the current system is not that bad, as long as the season is not too long.

So, when is a season too long (IMHO)?

1. When players reach more than 250 ratings, yet find no more incentive either to reach top 100 or allow it to decay. I've seen many players simply stop playing, allowing their account in top 100 to rot till they reach >250. That's pretty sad. That simply means the 'decay' feature is not working: decay was created so that players would at least play once in 5 days. Apparently it does not work on a lot of people...

2. Related to the above, IMO, one can tell that the season is too long when there is a huge bottleneck of players in the range of 247 to 249. These are usually players who reach beyond 250 during the early days of the season but finds no more incentive to play on in QM. (Sadly, I am one of them)

One of the functions of the ratings is also to serve as an accurate matching system for players around the same rating; obviously, the above scenario screws the system up. The massive number of players stuck at 247 and 249 are not 'accurately rated'.

3. A season is also too long, IMO, when new players have zero chance of reaching the top 100, despite becoming a good player along his learning path. He has almost no chance of being in top 100, because the top 100 players only play once in 5 days and his opponents are always rated lower than him, making his climb exceedingly difficult. Also, he's not being 'accurately matched' with his opponent in terms of skill.

So, what's a good length for a season?

IMHO, the ratings between the top player and 100th player would be a good indicator.

Check out the rankings page; IMO, season 5 was the best. Season 6 was too long, IMO, so is this season.

Lastly, back to my first statement. The current rating system is not bad at all, IMO. Considering I came from a time whereby there was no decay, the current sys is quite a godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFerrari View Post
    It is now ;D
    Good luck! I believe you can do it! Update us when you have done it!
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 08-11-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    From my point of view it has no reason to get "to the top" until this decay system works properly. Fact is that this whole game is in dipers and we are just betatesters

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My problem is in many way decay made things worse. I am happy they added it as it was user requested the problem is it does not work. People still camp the top 100 but it also has the pesky side effect of when people get bored or busy there account go down to 250 that means now there are a lot of top players very under rated making it that much harder to climb.